Moderator: RocketGirl

GOJHLfan1

Buffalo has FOLDED

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Hearing Buffalo has folded as of 3:30pm. Game tonight in Welland cancelled
Port hockey1

Re: Buffalo has FOLDED

Post by Port hockey1 »

About time. Maybe they'll be back next season, perhaps they will even dress 10 skaters & two goalies. :lol:

See ya! :smt031
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Player stats against Buffalo this season should be removed, ASAP.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The sad part about all of this, nobody in the OHA office will be disciplined for the way the whole Buffalo situation was handled. They should have never been let back in. They have made a joke out of the GOJHL and the Niagara Region. I agree that all points against Buffalo (wins and player's points) should taken off the records. The best part of all this, it's nice to see Pelham in last place again!!
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

24 games too late.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:The sad part about all of this, nobody in the OHA office will be disciplined for the way the whole Buffalo situation was handled. They should have never been let back in. They have made a joke out of the GOJHL and the Niagara Region. I agree that all points against Buffalo (wins and player's points) should taken off the records. The best part of all this, it's nice to see Pelham in last place again!!
Of course not and most people think its the GOJHL's fault and blame them
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

That is bad news I wish they would have been better when they returned.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

three dog night wrote:That is bad news I wish they would have been better when they returned.
Same I was hoping they would find a way to finish out the season and then get more player commitment next year and come back better but that is out the question now.
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

Please move the team to a Canadian city. Can't be an easy go of icing a team that has to play by different rules to put together a team. It's like inserting a GMHL team into the GO and expecting good results right away... wait... that's probably exactly what it was like.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Look its over and done with. Thank God somebody in Buffalo had the intelligence to realize its time to end this charade. This was something that nobody at the OHA had the brains or courage to do smt101. To the young men who played on the Buffalo team, this is no knock on you. You showed up game after game knowing what the results were going to be :smt038 . The OHA is totally responsible for putting you in this no win situation. :smt102
To the OHA Office. Please tell us more about your Club 90 Objectives and your SOP. :smt078
richard

Post by richard »

Oha have stern punishment suspensions, fines etc for teams that go off track.c. Oha should take full blame for this and return monies to the league for there loss of income with this mismanagement.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Apparently they haven't officially folded yet

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2016/11/21 ... am-clouded
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

“We were competing very well. All of a sudden, a song came on, it was American Idiot, and our coach raised his hands to the referee like what the hell is that. It was totally embarrassing. After the game, I had parents tell me this was BS. They don’t want us in this league and come time to put players on the ice for Sunday, I couldn’t get anybody.”
From the article. It's a song, get over it! Oops, did it hit a nerve... This team has made a joke out of the league. American Idiot was putting things mildly. :lol:

Couldn't get any players to come out because they're sick of being embarrassed by Buffalo ownership! :smt030

And;
Canucks coach/owner Frank Pietrangelo defended the choice of the song.

“It’s a Green Day top 10 song,” Pietrangelo said. “We play it at every single game. Our DJ, who is a high school student, plays whatever will get the fans going. There was no ill will or bad sportsmanship intended.

“We have American players on our hockey team. My three children were all born in the United States, so for that to be used for an excuse as to why he can’t field a hockey team on a nightly basis is ridiculous.”
Duh... Time for Buffalo to pack their bags and get out of this league!!! How do you think our teams feel when they are forced to play a house league team!!! :smt031
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Sounds like they are back and will be playing tomorrow
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm really not surprised by this. How many times this summer were they out, then back in, then out again?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Sounds like they are back and will be playing tomorrow
Tomorrow's game against Ancaster has been postponed. Just fold already. :roll:
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Heard from a friend Buffalo game back on
puckcoach

Post by puckcoach »

I just received confirmation that the game is back on for tonight. The Regals have also signed two players with real Junior Hockey experience (NOJHL & NAHL) and are hoping to ink a 3rd this afternoon with GOJHL experience. I know things have been a joke so far this season, but they are trying to climb themselves out of a hole and hopefully this is the first step. The league did them no favors by holding things up until 3 weeks before the season, and this is what you get. I hope for the sake of everyone involved they can at least make things respectable even if they do not win a game.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

puckcoach wrote:I just received confirmation that the game is back on for tonight. The Regals have also signed two players with real Junior Hockey experience (NOJHL & NAHL) and are hoping to ink a 3rd this afternoon with GOJHL experience. I know things have been a joke so far this season, but they are trying to climb themselves out of a hole and hopefully this is the first step. The league did them no favors by holding things up until 3 weeks before the season, and this is what you get. I hope for the sake of everyone involved they can at least make things respectable even if they do not win a game.
I totally agree hope they can figure it out and stick around
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Are you kidding me. They've been a train wreck from day one. I know your intentions are good but I say, let them fold and try again when they move from the Buffalo area( Port Colborn) and get committed and legitimate Jr. B players.

Get rid of them now and " Lets Make The Horseshoe Great Again" :smt029
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Are you kidding me. They've been a train wreck from day one. I know your intentions are good but I say, let them fold and try again when they move from the Buffalo area( Port Colborn) and get committed and legitimate Jr. B players.

Get rid of them now and " Lets Make The Horseshoe Great Again" :smt029
Not going to happen in Port Colborne. They already have the Whalers which are a NY team based in Port
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

7-0 loss and gave up 62 shots tonight against Ancaster. I guess their missed game in Welland on Sunday night didn't change things. GET THEM OFF THE ICE!!
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

7-0 is actually a decent score for them. Same as Pelham in previous years. The real test will be an away game. They need to show up with more than 11 skaters. If they can show up with 15-16 it will show atleast a bit of improvement. If they can keep scores to single digits they will still be better then Pelham in previous years
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Pelham in their worst year lost by an average of 7.6 to 2.1 so no, it won't be close to better than Pelham. Even in their worst year.

It's a joke, and will only continue to get worse.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Both organizations have Been disasters. Pelham is starting to get a couple Better players. Pelham is atleast getting better with time. That is something that Buffalo is gonna need. 3 weeks isn't enough to build a team. Next year will be the true test. If they can atleast be competitive with the lower teams in the division then people should give them credit. This year is a write off. They did sign a couple new jr a players I think so they are showing that they are trying to get a bit better.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

As long as they fill a lineup there's no problems. But filling a lineup for 2-3 games, then having 11 skaters isn't ok. We will have to wait and see if they can keep filling a lineup, if not, get rid of them!
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea hopefully they can fill a line up. Problem is that you can't just kick them out because they payed the league fee. Not that easy but if they can't fill a line up consistently then they should voluntarily withdraw for the year
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-dea ... k-to-life/

This article sums everything up. It's all about the money. The GOJHL will continue to be a joke because of decisions made by the OHA. With the Tier Two Jr. A issue and now this, I would think it's time for them to pull away from the OHA and Hockey Canada. Except for insurance, what do they provide you?? There's other options for insurance out there (which actually provides better coverage with a cheaper price tag!). The ball is in the GOJHL court now. Let's see if they have enough balls to make the move.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Canuckalhead wrote:https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-dea ... k-to-life/

This article sums everything up. It's all about the money. The GOJHL will continue to be a joke because of decisions made by the OHA. With the Tier Two Jr. A issue and now this, I would think it's time for them to pull away from the OHA and Hockey Canada. Except for insurance, what do they provide you?? There's other options for insurance out there (which actually provides better coverage with a cheaper price tag!). The ball is in the GOJHL court now. Let's see if they have enough balls to make the move.
Pull away from Hockey Canada? That would be the death knell of the GOJHL's reputation. Becoming an outlaw league does not benefit the GOJHL or its fans. It just reinforces the myth that the GOJHL is a joke.

As for the OHA, I believe Hockey Canada or the OHF needs to break up the OHA's jurisdiction. Their jurisdiction is hue (From Kingston to Windsor), and it does not really benefit anyone west of the GTA, hence no Tier 2. Northern and Eastern Ontario has their own jurisdiction, why not Southern Ontario?