Buffalo - Pelham

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Buffalo - Pelham

Post by Port hockey1 »

These are two very different situations. At least Pelham was able to ice a team last year, Buffalo is struggling to ice two lines.

In Pelham the problem is a control freak owner. A man with an ego so big he can't see things for what they are. They will always be up & down between the bottom & 7th. That's what happens when you aren't loyal to your players and they leave.
But at least they were able to ice a full team, and this season have actually competed on most nights.

The situation in Buffalo is getting dangerous. Having one goalie & 10-12 skaters is going to lead to many problems. And what will the OHA's response be when it's time to face the music?

- There's going to be injuries from kids playing 10-15 minutes a period.
- Their goalie is going to run out of gas soon, then what?
- The few players who do show up are going to start to lose control.
- There's going to be full out line brawls by mid-season if this keeps up.
- There's going to be 30-40 goals scored by some of their opponents as players just stop caring.

And what's with these teams trying to go easy on them??? This is Jr.B hockey, not a house league. I would like to see teams do what Niagara Falls & Ancaster did... Don't let up! Coaches shouldn't have to worry about their players falling into bad habits because Buffalo's feelings need to be spared.

They've scored fewer goals then games played, they haven't had more than two lines since they played a pair of close games over a month ago. Do they really have any pride left to lose at this point?

COACHES: Show no mercy, this is about playing hard for 60 minutes, not tying to spare a teams feelings. Let's make some bets, who's squad can put up 30 on them first. Who can have a 10 point game against them, etc.

Coaches need a game plan when they play this joke of a team, and that plan should be the same plan they use against Caledonia, St.Catharines, etc. All of this going easy on them, and trying to be respectful makes me want to :smt078

Man up and play the games the way they're supposed to be played. Yes, being easy on them has been classy. But we are now past that point, keep feeling sorry for them, then don't whine & complain when the OHA lets this circus continue.

Your actions on the ice will speak louder than words.

#EveryoneShootFor30+AgainstBuffalo
#TimeToSendAMessage
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Canuckalhead

Re: Buffalo - Pelham

Post by Canuckalhead »

Buffalo is a disgrace and someone in the OHA office should be fired. Pelham is better, but they can only compete with Ancaster, Niagara Falls, Thorold and Welland who are not very good. Fort Erie is a disaster and will remain that way if American players remain imports season after season (rule has changed where American imports remain imports for the following season. Fort Erie was able to build their roster with American players, but they can't do that any longer).
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Pelham gave the Falcons a scare last week Buffalo should fold now.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

I agree they should be out of the league, but at the very least, the team should have to dress a minimum number of players or forfeit the game. It's only going to get uglier from here.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:Buffalo is a disgrace and someone in the OHA office should be fired. Pelham is better, but they can only compete with Ancaster, Niagara Falls, Thorold and Welland who are not very good. Fort Erie is a disaster and will remain that way if American players remain imports season after season (rule has changed where American imports remain imports for the following season. Fort Erie was able to build their roster with American players, but they can't do that any longer).
Well I would say competing with 6/8 teams is pretty good for Pelham.