St.Catharines vs Niagara Falls

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

St.Catharines vs Niagara Falls

Post by Port hockey1 »

Falcons win 2-1 in OT. Shots were very close with Niagara Falls coming out on top in that department.

Looks like there might be a three or four team race as the season progresses.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: St.Catharines vs Niagara Falls

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2016/11/15 ... ge-falcons

Niagara Falls wins in O/T Niagara Falls is looking good
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Has anybody seen Ryan mooney play yet? I heard he was good but haven't been able to go watch
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Saw him play Tuesday night in St.Catharines. By far the best d'man on either team. Plays well in his own end and is the quarterback on their power play. Great skater,controls the play when he's on the ice. Should prove to be an excellent pick up by the Falls.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Thanks. I look forward to seeing him. Hopefully he really helps niagra Falls and they can compete with the top teams. They have the talent they just got to put it together
drafty

Post by drafty »

The Canucks seem to be able to compete with the top teams, it's the others they have trouble with. In their last 10 games, they've lost to Ancaster (twice), Welland, Fort Erie and Thorold, as well as Caledonia and St. Kitts. In that stretch, they've only beat St.Catharines and Buffalo. Granted, 5 of those 10 games were decided in OT but they only won one of those.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Sometimes it just looks like they fall apart and don't care in there own zone. 5 on 5 they look overmatched at times (against stronger teams). Most of there damage comes on the power plays they have a really talented team they just have to put it all together. Also to be compared or considered a top team you got to be able to beat the other teams in the division. You can say the exact same thing about thorold. They can compete with the top teams but they lose against the lower teams
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I've heard that Mooney is a diamond in the rough... Been told he moves the puck better then any other defensemen in the Shoe. Been told he will score some goals & put up a lot of assists. He should be a big help when it comes to puck possession for them too.

They've been a little snake bitten lately when it comes to scoring goals. But they have probably the third best group of forwards in the Shoe after Caledonia & St.Catharines. Better to be slumping now then near the playoffs. I still think this team will continue to surprise teams as the season progresses.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

St Catharines and Niagara Falls play tonight in St Catharines
St Catharines are on a 7 game winning streak
Niagara Falls is on a 6 game winning streak.
Should be a good game. They have had a couple of close games already.
They also play each other Wed. 21 Dec. in Niagara Falls to finish up before the holidays.
Two big games for both clubs.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Canuck's streak comes to an end, 6-2 final for the Falcons.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Expected this to be honest. Last couple games I saw Niagara they haven't played well including there win over Cali. St kitts is a consistent team who plays well almost every game