Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Niagara Falls

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2016/1 ... ge-canucks

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2016/1 ... ce-falcons

It's time for N. F. TO WALK THE WALK
They have done a good job of TALK THE TALK
Do they move up to the top with St Kitts and Caledonia and fight it out with them
Or do they stay in the middle of the pack and fight it out with WEC, ANC and THB
Ryan Mooney was a good pick up
But they have to beat teams like Fort Erie 0-8 on the PP and a hot goalie
You have to give Fort Erie credit and they have pick up some help in Walters, Lee and a big help getting Dakonta Miskolczi back
Still have to find a way to win with two games against St Kitts will tell
Port hockey1

Re: Niagara Falls

Post by Port hockey1 »

Mooney was a great pickup. That kid is going to put up a lot of points. Niagara Falls has done a good job at putting a legit team together this season. They've added several talented kids from higher levels. Niagara Falls might be the most underrated team in the division.

This team reminds me of a few Port teams from the past. They get mentioned as a contender a little bit, but not many are expecting much after the first round of the playoffs.

I hope teams take them seriously, because they have a group that's capable of knocking both St.Catharines & Caledonia off in the playoffs if their coach has them on top of their games. Niagara Falls depth will make things interesting this season.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:because they have a group that's capable of knocking both St.Catharines & Caledonia off in the playoffs if their coach has them on top of their games. Niagara Falls depth will make things interesting this season.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one point. I agree that they're capable of upsetting/knocking off St Catharines, but I think Caledonia is rising to the top again. They're the most consistent team. Highest scoring. One of the lowest goals against. I don't see Niagara being able to beat Caledonia four times in a series. But...they still have time improve more. Time will tell.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:because they have a group that's capable of knocking both St.Catharines & Caledonia off in the playoffs if their coach has them on top of their games. Niagara Falls depth will make things interesting this season.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one point. I agree that they're capable of upsetting/knocking off St Catharines, but I think Caledonia is rising to the top again. They're the most consistent team. Highest scoring. One of the lowest goals against. I don't see Niagara being able to beat Caledonia four times in a series. But...they still have time improve more. Time will tell.
I've been really impressed with St.Catharines this season though. This is one of the best groups they've had in a few years. If they end up meeting Caledonia in the finals, I don't know... I really think they match up really well with them this season.

I agree that knocking off either of those teams looks unlikely, but a hot goalie can go a long ways. Just hoping we have a tighter race this year. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I see Niagara Falls is in third spot now. I figure by fri St. Kitts should be two pts behind Caledonia. Caledonia doesn't play to Fri.
St Kitts play's Welland and Buffalo. Niagara Falls plays Welland and Pelham which they should win. So things are going to get a lot closer.
Niagara Falls can make it real interesting with 9 games left before the Christmas break. With two games against Caledonia and two games against St Kitts. Caledonia has 6 games left and St Kitts has 7 games before break. But if Welland can win tonight and tomorrow there right back into it.
Ancaster could make a move to with 5 games left before break. A big back to back with St Kitts.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Word in the Falls is they are really looking forward to their Friday night dust up with the Corvairs and none are more anxious then Rockem Sockem Patrick :smt062 McCabe. Should be an interesting game in more than one way.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Word in the Falls is they are really looking forward to their Friday night dust up with the Corvairs and none are more anxious then Rockem Sockem Patrick :smt062 McCabe. Should be an interesting game in more than one way.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you sure McCabe won't have the Caledonia flu?!?! He's a fluke!
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

They didn't look very impressive against thorold last night. Thorold played worse then they did against Caledonia and niagra Falls still couldn't pull away. Even 2 of there goals were weaker. Can't play that way against the top teams. I expect them to play a lot different Friday
BeenThereDoneThat

Cali vairs, Totally agree with you . I expect to see a hard fought physical contest. Niagara Falls can play a hard nose game and now so can Caledonia. :smt075
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I hope Niagara Falls is thinking of winning a hockey game and not winning the fights... Because we've all seen what happens when teams get frustrated against Caledonia... Their players just start playing with a chip on their shoulder, trying to run the score up. Hope the Falls are talking more about winning a hard fought physical battle then going out there and trying to start shenanigans.

I might have just read that post wrong though. Niagara Falls has a lot of talent and I'm sure they want nothing more than to prove themselves against Caledonia by getting a huge win. But I guess we'll see. :)
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea I'm pretty sure green isn't gonna start anything physical. Pretty sure he still doesn't know where he is
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I speak for all Falcons fans when I say, I hope Caledonia and Niagara Falls beat the living heck out of each other. :mrgreen:
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Still a while to recover for next game vs the falcons. So caledonia can afford to go full out. Should be a great game Friday.
jax

Post by jax »

Heard Austin wright is back with the nucks.??
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Is his time already over with the Brockville Braves? This was posted on Dec 1st.

Follow
austin wright –
@a_wright88
Brooks Bandits #14~ Once a rivermen always a rivermen. 1-42-1
380 FOLLOWING447 FOLLOWERS
TWEETS
MEDIA
Dec 1
austin wright‏ @a_wright88
Would like to thank @BrooksBandits for everything they have done for me. But excited to get things going with @BrockBraves
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I see on the transactions page that Austin Wright was added yesterday to Niagara Falls.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

This is a big move, they will be a hard team to play against.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Vairs61 wrote:This is a big move, they will be a hard team to play against.
Will be interesting to see how he performs back in the GOJHL since he has struggled to put up numbers outside of it.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Welland Cougars wrote:
Vairs61 wrote:This is a big move, they will be a hard team to play against.
Will be interesting to see how he performs back in the GOJHL since he has struggled to put up numbers outside of it.
I suspect he will be very motivated! I expect him to tear it up. Canucks will be a legit contender based on their past month or so (except Thorold loss :shock: ) and addition of Wright.
BeenThereDoneThat

With the addition of Wright, I now see the Canucks as the #1 Challenger to Caledonia for the Division Crown, (not for !st place, Caledonia too far ahead)
Caledonia have added, Canucks have added and so far the Falcons have made no moves to improve. Do they really think they have what they need to advance to the Sutherland Semis. i don't think so but :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: I've been wrong before.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:With the addition of Wright, I now see the Canucks as the #1 Challenger to Caledonia for the Division Crown, (not for !st place, Caledonia too far ahead)
Caledonia have added, Canucks have added and so far the Falcons have made no moves to improve. Do they really think they have what they need to advance to the Sutherland Semis. i don't think so but :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: I've been wrong before.
I don't think they are done 'trying' to find another player or two. I'm certain they can't believe they have what it takes to win the Horseshoe playoffs. And finishing second, leads to the pool of death, likely facing Canucks in semi's. Wright is a massive pickup.

If the Falcons don't find a legit scorer, then they're doomed.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... conference

I would think St Kitts would love for Ancaster to finish third. Probably the top four teams will all meet in the playoffs.
Caledonia, St Kitts, N.F. and Ancaster if Ancaster finish third they will play St Kitts and let Caledonia and N.F fight it out.
St Kitts have own Ancaster this year so far. I don't think St Kitts want anything to do with N.F. Ancaster does have a good shot at third too.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 pm http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... conference

I would think St Kitts would love for Ancaster to finish third. Probably the top four teams will all meet in the playoffs.
Caledonia, St Kitts, N.F. and Ancaster if Ancaster finish third they will play St Kitts and let Caledonia and N.F fight it out.
St Kitts have own Ancaster this year so far. I don't think St Kitts want anything to do with N.F. Ancaster does have a good shot at third too.
Yup...Ancaster is welcome to take third! LOL

That being said, Fort Erie appears to have had Niagara's number of late. And they upset the Falls last year (if memory serves me correctly). So maybe it doesn't even come to NF being a pain in St. Kitts side. :-)
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Niagara beat Fort Erie in playoffs last year then lost to Caledonia. I can't see Ancaster coming into third. They have a lot of tough games against the top teams and will need to win almost all of them. If they want any chance of getting into third they will need to beat Niagara Falls in there head to head games. If Niagara Falls doesn't lose stupid games like they did against Fort Erie they will be fine
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/0 ... -double-ot

Austin Wright game changer for N.F. Zach Moore after being with St Kitts and Caledonia and let go. Ending last year with Gladbrook JR-C.
To bouce back this year and be N.F. number 1 goalie. I think he's taking the job from Dentico.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I think he's taking the job from Dentico.
Moore has the number one job locked up. He's been nothing short of amazing this season. Most improved player in the league, IMO.