Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia Rule get over it

Post by Caledonia Fan »

In The Cage With Tigerpaws
Visitors since March 17, 2003.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >> Return to Index
Corvairs bust out for eight in the third on Halloween...October 31 2016 at 10:16 PM
No score for this post
Ron (Login fillibuster)
The Caledonia Pro-fit Corvairs are in a familiar position again so far this season (number one) in the Golden Horseshoe Conference of the GOJHL. On Halloween night they beat the Meteors of Fort Erie 11-1 scoring eight times in the third period. Aadm Craievich (ex-Guelph Storm, Ottawa 67's) had two goals and four points. Kyle West (ex-Burlington Cougars, Guelph Storm) had a a pair of goals. Zach Core (ex-Sarnia Sting) had one goal and five assists. Brandon Lindberg (ex-Saginaw Spirit, Sarnia Sting) had five assists. Austin Ulett (ex-Pickering, Kingston, Whitby) had a goal. Trent Mallette, son of Troy (ex-Soo Greyhounds and Ottawa 67's) scored one. Josh DeFarias (ex-London Knights, Sarnia Sting) registered two assists. Ryan Punkari (ex-Hamilton Red Wings) had two helpers as did captain Quentin Maksimovich (ex-Erie Otters). In net tonight backup Mackenzie Savard (ex-Niagara IceDogs, Rayside-Balfour Canadians). Well you get the drift, despite the "Caledonia" rule put into place for this season by the League there's still a wealth of experience on this team. But the brightest light on this club may yet prove to be a hometown kid by the name of Bailey Fletcher. Little, undrafted, he leads this team of stars with 27 points so far.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts. Respond to this message
Author Reply
Anonymous
(Login Gr8northscout)
Re: Corvairs bust out for eight in the third on Halloween...No score for this post November 1 2016, 10:31 AM

The GOJHL needs to adopt the Jr C requirement of having played in the league the previous year in order to play as an overage otherwise it's simply rich guys buying a championship. And with illegal cigarette money to boot.

Just ask Craivich, Malette, Core, Lindberg and DeFarias what they're getting paid?

Anonymous
(Login crottenham)
Re: Corvairs bust out for eight in the third on Halloween...No score for this post November 1 2016, 1:13 PM

No kidding eh? All the kids know the score here...Ron, why is this even noteworthy given the context?

This is a post from a TIER II JR-A fourm
In the cage with tigerpaws Just don't see where he was going with this.
He names all these guys and than says ' WELL YOU GET THE DRIFT"
And than says despite the " CALEDONIA" rule put into place for this season by the league. There's still a wealth of experience on this team.
So I guess it's wrong to get a wealth of experience on your team.
Maybe you better look at some of the teams in the OHL or OJHL
This got nothing to do with the Caledonia Rule
Caledonia and Ft Erie is the same as Trenton playing Aurora.
I could write the same about Trenton and Aurora but I don't I don't give a sh**.
It's just like any good team playing a bad team anywhere
Yes and experience helps a lot on which Fort Erie is a young team and they were missing some of there key guys.
They just ran out of steam in the third ( 14 skaters) bet you didn't no that Mr know all.
Now let's take a look at Caledonia they have 6 20 year olds.
All the top teams in the OJHL have 8-7 20 year olds Markham, Cobourg, Trenton and Wellington
Now let's go through the guys you mention.
You make it sound like they were all 20 year olds
Craievich, Ulett, Defarias and Savard (97) 19 year olds West (98) 18 year old
Punkari and Maksimovich are 20 year olds but there back from last year.
Caledonia and St Catharines both have experience teams that's why there one and two
St Catharines has 7 20 year olds and lots of OJHL AND OHL experience
But both clubs still have there young guys development
Caledonia and St Catharines each have 3 17 year odls and a 16 year old
Both teams play 4 lines and these kids do play
You make it out like Caledonia pays players to come down to play for them
These players come down to play JR-B or JR-C because they want to play and JR-C you can get another year to play.
Caledonia not the only team to do this
And let's face it the OHL or the OJHL don't want these players anyway.
These young men have no place to play
This is just another cheap shot at Caledonia and the whole GOJHL.
Maybe the GOJHL fans should start taking cheap shots at the OJHL.
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia Rule get over it

Post by Port hockey1 »

Well said. I shared your post, along with mine to their forum. I'll be waiting with interest to see what is posted about these comments.

Gotta agree, seems like there's a group of OJHL fans who think their league is simply the best... Maybe if that were true, we wouldn't have so many OJHL cast-offs playing all over our league. :P :smt033
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Caledonia Rule get over it

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Thanks Port
I was going to post this on there forum. But I think it was a shot at Caledonia and the GOJHL.
I wanted the fans on this forum to see it.