Caledonia VS St Catharines

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia VS St Catharines

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... square-off

Should be a good game. I think everyone has a full line up. Don't think there's anyone hurt or under suspension.
Caledonia should have Bradon Linberg and Adam Craievich in the line up.They have pick up Mackenzie Savard but I think they will have Daniel Chenard in net. This should improve Caledonia. But I think St Catharines might do one better. They will have Greg DiTomaso and Nick Pastorious in the line up. And I think Ty Learn is back . All these guys didn't play the last time these two teams played. Chenard was in goal last time they played.
StCathFalcons

Re: Caledonia VS St Catharines

Post by StCathFalcons »

Yes, I think you're right. All appear to be healthy on the Falcons side. Should be a good, tight game.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Caldeonia won 5 to 3 to square the season series at one game each before a season beat crowd at the Jack of 496 despite the fact the Ice Dogs were playing down the street. Caledonia plays hot Phelam next.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... or-falcons

I thought the Standard would have a better write up on the game last night.
It's a good story a about Zach Main. Love hearing stories like these.
But they should be separate from the game.
Friday's much-hyped game got a couple of paragraphs at the end.
I have heard a lot of excuses and why's in by life time.
But can't say I have heard " we got too excited"
St Catharines couldn't stop Caledonia's top line 8 pts and lots of chances all night.
These two teams play a lot alike. In Caledonia St Catharines got up two goals and they won.
Last night Caledonia got up two goals and they won.
When these two teams play and one gets a two goal lead. It's going to be hard for the other team to open up to score two goals.
Caledonia was missing Quentin Maksimovich last night.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... or-falcons

I thought the Standard would have a better write up on the game last night.
It's a good story a about Zach Main. Love hearing stories like these.
But they should be separate from the game.
Agreed, 100%. No excuse, but the Standard writer was actually at the Ice Dogs game. So I think (not sure) he printed a story he was working on re: Main. I'm guessing he took a line or two from Coach Johnstone, and squeezed it in.

Caledonia won the game outright. I'd say Falcons could have scored another goal or two if they had buried their chances....but if not for Savory in net for the Falcons, the Corvairs would have scored 8 or 9 goals.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Great game in Caledonia tonight Caledonia winner 3-2
This game had it all. Back + fourth action, Hard hits
Great Saves, A Solid Tilt,
Shots 31-25 for Caledonia
7 PIMS each referees did a good job of letting them play
And to top it off with less than 20 seconds left in the third St Catharines hits the goal post.
Can't wait for the back to back Nov. 18 + 19
What a rivalry these two teams have becoming one of best in the GOJHL
If anyone out there who has never seen these two teams play each other this year.
Try to come out the 18 or 19 you won't be disappointed
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Have been to all 3 games in which they faced each other. Always very entertaining. Love the St.Catharines arena but would prefer watching games in Caledonia because of one simple fact. The clown in St.Catharines that plays the music must be stone deaf. :smt078 He plays the music so loud that you are not able to talk to the person beside you. I like music at play stoppages but do you have to have it so loud. What a way to ruin such a great setting. :smt075
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Have been to all 3 games in which they faced each other. Always very entertaining. Love the St.Catharines arena but would prefer watching games in Caledonia because of one simple fact. The clown in St.Catharines that plays the music must be stone deaf. :smt078 He plays the music so loud that you are not able to talk to the person beside you. I like music at play stoppages but do you have to have it so loud. What a way to ruin such a great setting. :smt075
Wont ever change unless someone says something to him. You cant normally tell how loud it is to the fans from the press box. Bruce Ideson is his name I believe send him a message on twitter @bruceideson1
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Big win for the Falcons tonight.

Wonder why Savard wasn't in net for the Corvairs.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Heard that they were just giving him the night off and he will be back in net for tommorow west was apparently sick aswell (not a huge loss). Simple way to sum the game up was. St kitts was ready to play and Cali was not. Cali looked like they were still playing Buffalo couldn't make a pass if they tried. But give st kitts a lot
Of credit. They played really hard and blocked a lot of shots. They deserved to win tonight
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Cali vairs! wrote:Heard that they were just giving him the night off and he will be back in net for tommorow west was apparently sick aswell (not a huge loss). Simple way to sum the game up was. St kitts was ready to play and Cali was not. Cali looked like they were still playing Buffalo couldn't make a pass if they tried. But give st kitts a lot
Of credit. They played really hard and blocked a lot of shots. They deserved to win tonight
I agree St Kitts was ready Caledonia was not. St Kitts deserved the win. Don't have a problem with Chenard in net.
Good experience for the 17 year old. I see Mallette is under suspension for tonight's game for his bonehead penalty.
But Austin Ulett will be back.Maybe West will be back to. The best thing for Caledonia is if Bullard is back to light a fire under these guys and get them moving there feet. St Kitts don't have to change a thing. I see after tonight Caledonia and St Kitts only play one more time and it's in St Catharines.
O by the way Port Hockey was calling this about Caledonia all year that they can be beat good call Port.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Although a big score, 5-1 win. I don't think the score indicates what kind of game it was. I thought Caledonia was absolutely flying in the first period. Corvairs keeper had a solid night. Can't say many goals were his fault at all. Falcons keeper, Savory, was lights out though.

The luxury Caledonia has for sure, is they can play either keeper against St Kitts on any given night. Savory won't get much rest. Can't imagine anyone but him playing tonight. Let's see if his limbs/muscles recover in time.

How bad were the officials last night?! Holy smokes! For both teams! Missed calls. Phantom calls. Amazing! Yet, not surprising.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Caledonia is as flying for a solid 5-10 mins at most. Didn't play well at all. Weren't prepared for st kitts. I don't really have a problem with chenard being in net either. But you play differently in front of a differently goalie. Cali seemed to try and rush every pass and st kitts was jut waiting there and got it. I think a 5-1 score wasn't even good enough. Should've been higher. Good lesson for the Cali team though.

I also thought think savoury is a average goaltender who benefits from absolutely solid defence in front of him. Also u can't really say he was lights out when he didn't even get tested. None of Caledonias shots were good ones. Almost every goalie in the league could of only let in 1 goal. He didn't have much of a chance on Q's goal though
BeenThereDoneThat

Another great game in Caledonia tonight with the Falcons. Both teams and both goalies were outstanding. It's just too bad the officiating wasn't up to the same standards these two teams displayed. Corvairs win 2_1 in overtime.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Agree. It was a great game but I think both teams could of played better in the 2nd and 3rd. Nice assist by the linesman on st kitts goal. Lays down and blocks a clearing attempt which turns out to be a goal. Just bad luck.

Refs seemed way inconsistent tonight. At fiest they were calling every little thing then they were letting obvious penalties go. St kitts PK looked really good and shut down the corvairs PP. Looking forward to next time they play
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Nice to see people are seeing what I mean about the refs. I've been preaching about it for years.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... -slip-away

Caledonia show a lot of character coming back last night. A rough first period.
Down 3 goals going into the second period. But they battle back to win 4-3
Missing there top two defencemen DeFarias and Core. No head coach Bullard or GM Rizzetto at the game.
A good team win and holding St Catharines to one shot in the second very impressive.
Not a classic game between these two teams. Coming off of the Christmas break.
I thought St Catharines would have battle more in the second and third. They did have Caledonia on the ropes.
These were two big pts.
BeenThereDoneThat

Good point Cal Fan. Great come back win by the Corvairs. I thought Johnstone was completely out coached by the back up coaching staff from Caledonia. Johnstone :smt100 ran his top two D men into the ground in the second period. #12 was so tired after consecutive 3 min shifts he could hardly get off the ice and then 20 seconds later he was put back out on the power play. One other thing I would like to point out after seeing the 3 goals the Falcons scored, is that Caledonia should not let Savard get too far away.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I agree with you aswell. Nice character win. Cali just didn't seem to be energized in the first period but really came out in the second. Really hurt missing core and defarias to ilness but I thought the D played great. I loved lauzon on defence. For not playing defence in a while he looked really good. And devans cann had a huge game aswell. Could go on about all the D but those too really made up for the top 2 Being out. Goalie wise he didn't look like he had a chance on atleast 2/3. Then he didn't get tested to much. He likes playing the puck though.

St kitts looked like there usual self in the 1st I thought. They just outplayed Caledonia. But they did take a lot of prnalties and that seemed to tire them out. They are very agressive on the PK and it seemed to tire them out. Might be part of 1st game back. That wasn't there best game And I expect a really energized team next time these two teams play each other
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... -slip-away

Caledonia show a lot of character coming back last night. A rough first period.
Down 3 goals going into the second period. But they battle back to win 4-3
Missing there top two defencemen DeFarias and Core. No head coach Bullard or GM Rizzetto at the game.
A good team win and holding St Catharines to one shot in the second very impressive.
Not a classic game between these two teams. Coming off of the Christmas break.
I thought St Catharines would have battle more in the second and third. They did have Caledonia on the ropes.
These were two big pts.
Are DeFarias & Core injured? I hope not.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

They were just out sick. Core played tonight and defarias should be back playing.