Welland at Caledonia

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Welland at Caledonia

Post by Caledonia Fan »

This was not a good game. Both teams very chippy and dirty. Maybe some people like this kind of hockey but I don't. I thought I was watching a JR-C game. I don't know if the referee's took the flow out of the game or what. Look at the penalties in this game a disgrace to JR -B hockey.
If it was Welland's game plan to get under Caledonia's skin I guess it worked. Welland had 15 PP and Caledonia loses two to suspension.
This game looks closer than it was. Not taking anything away from Welland. But there last 2 goals when Caledonia was given 4 penalties in a row.
2 within a min to go. I did think the clock ran over on the two Welland goals at the end. Who knows they might have tie it up. I was just glad that mess was over with. Now they go into to Welland tonight for the rematch . I hope they play hockey but I doubt it.
jax

Re: Welland at Caledonia

Post by jax »

Not likely wellands plan at all, one of the least penalized teams in the league against the most. I think there's a pattern in caladonia type of play.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It's Welland's job to get under their skin. Caledonia needs to be able to control themselves out there. A coach will look for any edge he can find about his opponent. If he thought Caledonia would lose their composure and start taking needless penalties, he was right!

I'm a fan of both of these teams, but I have to give Welland some credit. They had a plan, they stuck to it, and they almost came back. I do agree though that there's no place in the game for kids to be looking to cause injuries to their opponents. A lot of hits from behind, and blindside hits to the head.

It's sad, but it seems pretty much every team has kids who are willing to try to injure their opponents when things aren't going right. I've been preaching about the lack of respect on the ice for a while now.

I haven't read the boxscore, or news article yet. Just commenting based on how you saw the game. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia needs a few older kids, who were brought in for offense to tone it down.

I'm gong to leave their numbers, if it keeps up I will single them out by name on here.

#44- Has great hands & averages over a point per game. Also loses his composure very easily. He needs to realize that he's a lot more important on the ice than he is sitting in the dressing room. Kid will probably lead the team in scoring if he gets a hold of his temper.

#23- Another talented kid who was brought in for some offense. Really needs to control his temper.

#16- Only been here for 5 games and has racked up crazy penalty minutes. Another kid with a ton of talent, that can only be used when he's on the ice.

These kids mentioned above were also brought in to be physical out there. They've done that well, but have crossed the line too many times. Arguing with the ref won't do you any good. We have terrible officiating at times in this league. Believe me kids, the fans feel your frustrations too. But keeping calm and just going to the box is your best move. Get a ref angry with you at this level, and he'll have a long memory. Keeping calm and not making so much out of it will gain you respect from the zebras. Your coach will have your back if something needs to be said, so just leave that up to him.

Go Caledonia!!!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

You are right, these kids need to get themselves under control. However the person who needs to get under control the most is their coach. He's been around and has played at the top level and at most times is the most out of control person on the bench. :oops:
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

The officiating was a joke in the game on Saturday night for both sides, nothing new though.
jax

Post by jax »

Nasty 5 minute major deliberate cross check to the face of a welland player took out three teeth! Should be a suspension on that play. There's no need for that! Maybe to chicken to drop the gloves with him.