Falcon's Signings

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Falcon's Signings

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I see on the transaction page that St.Catharines have signed veteran OHL defencemen Greg DiTomaso. Looks like a strong "D" is getting even stronger.
Caledonia Fan

Re: Falcon's Signings

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... blackhawks

A good start for DiTomaso . Now like all players who come down from the OHL or QMJHL. They will have to get use of JR-B hockey hitting from behind.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... blackhawks

A good start for DiTomaso . Now like all players who come down from the OHL or QMJHL. They will have to get use of JR-B hockey hitting from behind.
You will have to watch the penalty on Fasthockey. Penalty and suspension likely being appealed. Video shows he was about 3 feet away from the Caledonia player when he went flying. Appeared to be collision with Falcon goalie. DiTomaso had nothing to do with it. Once again, poor officiating.
BeenThereDoneThat

Suspension has been removed. Poor officiating raises its ugly head once again in the GOJHL. :smt100 :smt119 :smt120 :smt100

By the way they were playing Thorold.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

It's amazing what money can do for the Falcons! Can't imagine DiTomaso costed them lightly. $$$$$$$
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:It's amazing what money can do for the Falcons! Can't imagine DiTomaso costed them lightly. $$$$$$$
I'm not sure I quite follow what you're saying here? I can't imagine you're suggesting the Falcons are the team in the league that buys success? They've been a second place team the past few years. And a non-profit organization. They don't have an owner, or an ownership group, that pump money in to the team for players.

Now that there are some more structured rules in the league, it puts every team in a good position to compete. All they need to do is be strategic in some of their recruitment. And grow/develop players. Having a storied hockey history and past success doesn't hurt either.

I might even add...if one team in the league hadn't burned all their 20 year old cards already, DiTomaso likely would have gone elsewhere. Where $ does/has talked.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
HockeyTalk21 wrote:It's amazing what money can do for the Falcons! Can't imagine DiTomaso costed them lightly. $$$$$$$
I'm not sure I quite follow what you're saying here? I can't imagine you're suggesting the Falcons are the team in the league that buys success? They've been a second place team the past few years. And a non-profit organization. They don't have an owner, or an ownership group, that pump money in to the team for players.

Now that there are some more structured rules in the league, it puts every team in a good position to compete. All they need to do is be strategic in some of their recruitment. And grow/develop players. Having a storied hockey history and past success doesn't hurt either.

I might even add...if one team in the league hadn't burned all their 20 year old cards already, DiTomaso likely would have gone elsewhere. Where $ does/has talked.
I don't think any new rules are the reason for the Falcons success this season. When you bring in top OJHL players, and players from other higher caliber leagues, chances are you'll have a good team. The Falcons loaded up this season. The only difference between them & Caledonia is Caledonia has more resources to add players from higher levels. If the Falcons, or any team had those same resources they'd do the exact same thing.

The only thing the rule change did was prevent team's from loading up on 20 year olds who have never played in the GOJHL before. But the funny part is, the majority of Caledonia's top six forwards last year were former GOJHL players who lived within the drawing area. So none of them would've been subjected to that rule.

Pawley, Fitzmorris, etc. Many players wouldn't have been imports, nor would they have required two cards. Caledonia has added a handful of great talent once again, but within the rules. But who's to say that there won't be any former GOJHL players interested in coming to Caledonia with better hands than before they left this league later on this season?

I mean, look at their roster from last year and tell me how badly that rule would have even affected them. Just putting my take out there.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Falcons sign former Icedog and 4 year OHL veteran Nick Pastorious (as per Falcon Twitter).
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I don't disagree with you at all, on any of your points. I don't think I made my point clear.
Port hockey1 wrote:The only difference between them & Caledonia is Caledonia has more resources to add players from higher levels. If the Falcons, or any team had those same resources they'd do the exact same thing.
Yes, agreed. Caledonia has had more 'resources' than anyone else in the league. My point was, the new rules limit how much of their 'resources' they can use. I also agree, that I would want the Falcons to do the same thing if they had those resources. As would every team.

The only thing the rule change did was prevent team's from loading up on 20 year olds who have never played in the GOJHL before. But the funny part is, the majority of Caledonia's top six forwards last year were former GOJHL players who lived within the drawing area. So none of them would've been subjected to that rule.
Agreed again, but now teams are limited to 20 years olds. And it's tougher to draw 18 and 19 year olds out of the OHL with your resources, because players that age still want to play in the O. OHL OA's need somewhere to go. And 'resources' talk. They're just limited on using them now, with the new rules.

Pawley, Fitzmorris, etc. Many players wouldn't have been imports, nor would they have required two cards. Caledonia has added a handful of great talent once again, but within the rules. But who's to say that there won't be any former GOJHL players interested in coming to Caledonia with better hands than before they left this league later on this season?
Again, not arguing this point either. But limit of 20 years olds, keeps a team from getting 17 OHL OA's. (not sure 17 is accurate, but I think makes my point)

I mean, look at their roster from last year and tell me how badly that rule would have even affected them. Just putting my take out there.
Again, I 100% agree, most teams wished they had Mr. Hills resources. I respect that man for everything he does for youth athletics. Hockey, fastball and lacrosse. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of his sports legacies.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:I don't disagree with you at all, on any of your points. I don't think I made my point clear.
Port hockey1 wrote:The only difference between them & Caledonia is Caledonia has more resources to add players from higher levels. If the Falcons, or any team had those same resources they'd do the exact same thing.
Yes, agreed. Caledonia has had more 'resources' than anyone else in the league. My point was, the new rules limit how much of their 'resources' they can use. I also agree, that I would want the Falcons to do the same thing if they had those resources. As would every team.

Agreed again, but now teams are limited to 20 years olds. And it's tougher to draw 18 and 19 year olds out of the OHL with your resources, because players that age still want to play in the O. OHL OA's need somewhere to go. And 'resources' talk. They're just limited on using them now, with the new rules.

Again, not arguing this point either. But limit of 20 years olds, keeps a team from getting 17 OHL OA's. (not sure 17 is accurate, but I think makes my point)

Again, I 100% agree, most teams wished they had Mr. Hills resources. I respect that man for everything he does for youth athletics. Hockey, fastball and lacrosse. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of his sports legacies.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Excellent post. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102