OHA Implement Relegation on Promotion

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

OHA Implement Relegation on Promotion

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/68924 ... romotion-/

It sounds like a good idea but all most in possible to do.
One thing to much travel for some teams would just fold
And that's probably not a bad idea either
Port hockey1

Re: OHA Implement Relegation on Promotion

Post by Port hockey1 »

Bullard shouldn't care what any of those know it all's think when they blow teams like Buffalo out. Like he said, the players practice hard and are expected to play hard. It isn't Caledonia's fault that Buffalo only shows up with a pathetic 11 skaters & two goalies.

Run the scores up, if people have a problem with that they can complain to the OHA. There's no reason for coaches to have their players let up on anyone. That creates problems when the next game comes up against a solid team.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/68924 ... romotion-/

I agree with caledonia fan the travel would kill some teams. As for the ayr cenntenials. Darryl smith writes "they could compete very well in the gojhl" not a chance if there players were jr. B calibre they would be playing in Cambridge-kitchener- Waterloo.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Red blacks wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/68924 ... romotion-/

I agree with caledonia fan the travel would kill some teams. As for the ayr cenntenials. Darryl smith writes "they could compete very well in the gojhl" not a chance if there players were jr. B calibre they would be playing in Cambridge-kitchener- Waterloo.
Ayr does have a couple - Uba should likely be in B, but because he's a 2000, and cards for them are finite, he's not. And then a guy like Klie who was a B star finished out in C last year to win a championship (which I think cheapened the Cens for me). Same with Seraphim last year.

The reality is regulation and promotion simply wouldn't work simply based on logistics. Junior hockey is a losing expenditure as it is in most places not named Stratford, Elmira, etc.

That'[s without the realization that most teams in B only return a small number of guys each year, because every season all these kids fish for the next best thing trying to "move up" to A or down to the States, rather than stick down some roots and develop and win.

At the end of the day, junior hockey needs some contraction - but people still want to expand. Less kids are playing because of expenses and because Canada is definitely more culturally diverse than ever as things like Basketball and Soccer and such are expanding their youth player bases.

If the GMHL and CPJHL were to fold, and then Ontario figured out how to fix it's A-B-C problems with some contraction and mixing and matching, it'd be a lot better. The NAHL in the States is far better than basically every Canadian Non-Major Junior league except for the BCHL for a reason - there is a low number of teams that cover the entirety of the States, and a growing number of players.

For me, I'd love to the see Ontario split into three A leagues - A loop using a couple NOJHL teams and CCHL teams to make up a northern loop, A couple CCHL teams with a couple of more northern OJHL teams to make up a mid loop, and then the more southern OJ teams with the best GOJ markets (Cambridge, Elmira, Stratford, Waterloo, Chatham, Leamington, LaSalle, London, Caledonia, St Kitts, etc.) to make up the southern loop. The remaining teams along with the top C teams become a bunch of B loops and then the remainders are the C loops.

Just some thoughts.