OHA Senseless Decisions Continue

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

OHA Senseless Decisions Continue

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

The GOJHL voted in favour of NOT having Buffalo return to the Golden Horseshoe Conference. However their decision was overturned by the brain surge sitting in the OHA office :smt115 in Cambridge. And a fine decision that was :smt101 . In four games so far, Buffalo has failed to score a single goal while allowing 45 scored against them. This is not a knock on the Buffalo kids that try and do their best but are playing in a league way over their heads, thanks to the OHA. With these kind of decisions being made by the OHA, my only question is why does the GOJHL remain a partner with the OHA. The OHL left many years ago because of the continued interference it received from the OHA and not that many years ago the Alliance Group left for similar reasons.
I really have a hard time believing that the OHF and Hockey Canada don't see what the OHA is doing and have done to the GOJHL.
SebJHockey

Re: OHA Senseless Decisions Continue

Post by SebJHockey »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:The GOJHL voted in favour of NOT having Buffalo return to the Golden Horseshoe Conference. However their decision was overturned by the brain surge sitting in the OHA office :smt115 in Cambridge. And a fine decision that was :smt101 . In four games so far, Buffalo has failed to score a single goal while allowing 45 scored against them. This is not a knock on the Buffalo kids that try and do their best but are playing in a league way over their heads, thanks to the OHA. With these kind of decisions being made by the OHA, my only question is why does the GOJHL remain a partner with the OHA. The OHL left many years ago because of the continued interference it received from the OHA and not that many years ago the Alliance Group left for similar reasons.
I really have a hard time believing that the OHF and Hockey Canada don't see what the OHA is doing and have done to the GOJHL.

Buffalo has refused help too....Not that it makes much of a difference but the rumor is Kitchener, Cambridge and Waterloo all offered players to help round out their roster but the owner only wants American kids playing for them...Which is fine except the moron doesn't have enough American kids.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

He has two Canadian kids on his roster that I know of and maybe more. Unfortunately, those two players couldn't make a Jr. C team. We all know that Buffalo is a joke (and Pelham is right behind them). Nobody is going to go to a Buffalo game and thus, the other teams in the Shoe are going to lose money each night they have to host them. The financial matters and the huge loses have to be taken care of before it is totally out of control. They must be taken out of the league immediately. The OHA is really in big trouble. There is over 30 Junior teams playing in their territory that don't fall under the OHA/Hockey Canada banner (and they are not getting money for). All they are is a glorified insurance company. If you can get your insurance somewhere else and don't have to put up with their bullshit, more teams will continue to leave them. The only reason you need the OHA/Hockey Canada is to play for a National Championship and the GOJHL doesn't do that, so it's time to show some balls and run your league the way that you want and not the way the OHA wants you to. Bottom line: Get rid of Buffalo and Pelham, leave the OHA and go Jr. A.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I say give them a chance. Removing them isn't going to be good for anyone. Pelham's allowed to embarrass the league year after year, so why not take the wait & see with Buffalo...

Let them play this season out, if there's excuses going into next season, then it might be time to take action.

But... If they'll last the entire season remains to be seen. I could see them folding in the coming weeks.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102