Welland Jr. Canadians

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Welland Jr. Canadians

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I was at the Thorold/Welland game last Wednesday and at the Welland/Niagara Falls game tonight and let me tell you if Ozzie doesn't get some :smt100 from his cheapskate :smt022 owner, he will be battling it out with Pelham and Buffalo for the covenant 9th place finish.I can not recall in recent history where the Welland team has started with such a lack of talented experienced players. By no means is this a knock on the many midget players that are seeing Jr.B competition for the first time.
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Welland Jr. Canadians

Sorry, I meant to post this on the Horseshoe site. :oops:
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I moved it for you.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Thank you.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:I was at the Thorold/Welland game last Wednesday and at the Welland/Niagara Falls game tonight and let me tell you if Ozzie doesn't get some :smt100 from his cheapskate :smt022 owner, he will be battling it out with Pelham and Buffalo for the covenant 9th place finish.I can not recall in recent history where the Welland team has started with such a lack of talented experienced players. By no means is this a knock on the many midget players that are seeing Jr.B competition for the first time.
I heard Ozzie was part of the problem - not being aggressive with signing players and just going through the motions. Either way, might be a tough season.
jax

Post by jax »

Ozzie is the coach, not GM,not director of player personal..They did nothing to bring in any talent to sign.
BeenThereDoneThat

Right on Jax. The owner is also the GM. The Director of Player Personnel does what ever he is told to do by the owner. Yes I am an Ozzie supporter and its beyond me why he stays in Welland. I believe the level of hockey today has left the Welland owner and his Player Development person in the dust. :smt015 Neither seem to understand what needs to be done for them to compete in today's game.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

With the good start Welland is having. I hope they start looking at guys to improve there team.
They have a big weekend. They have lost already Friday 7-2 to N.F. Now they play back to back with Caledonia.
It's not just Caledonia and St Kitts that's bring in guys.N.F. have Pucci back, Ancaster have Burnell back and Thorold have made lots of changes trying to improve even Pelham is trying to bring guys in. Welland did bring in Nesbitt and Ellis but I don't no how there looking.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:With the good start Welland is having. I hope they start looking at guys to improve there team.
They have a big weekend. They have lost already Friday 7-2 to N.F. Now they play back to back with Caledonia.
It's not just Caledonia and St Kitts that's bring in guys.N.F. have Pucci back, Ancaster have Burnell back and Thorold have made lots of changes trying to improve even Pelham is trying to bring guys in. Welland did bring in Nesbitt and Ellis but I don't no how there looking.
Welland has a solid defense, but they need to have more consistency out there. They have a better offense than years past. Goaltending has been solid.

they need to look for a pair of veteran defensemen, a top six forward would be nice too. But I've been pleasantly surprised with them so far this season. Niagara Falls has been a big surprise, I didn't realize they've brought in so many good players.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Macduff is back
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Macduff is back
Is he injured right now?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:Macduff is back
Is he injured right now?
Yes concussion
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The game today ended with a line brawl... Welland will likely lose their top defensemen for a few games for being the 3rd man in. Ancaster had a player leave the penalty box and join in, that will likely be another lengthy suspension. Plus several 2nd fight during stop penalties. Should be interesting.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

They're all 2 game suspensions. Depending on what the Refs report is, the OHA could impose longer, but the Suspension List shows they're just 2 games each.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I see they took away the penalty for leaving the box. Good thing most are only two games, but that will hurt Welland, as they are top players. Their defensemen got 4 games though, ouch, that's really going to hurt. Guessing both Caledonia & Niagara Falls dominate Welland next week. :smt100
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Maybe a little worse then they already would have been yep.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:26 pm Maybe a little worse then they already would have been yep.
A little? That's pretty much the top line & defensemen of a team that has problems scoring. They'll be lucky to score a goal between the two games.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 pm
GOJHLfan1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:26 pm Maybe a little worse then they already would have been yep.
A little? That's pretty much the top line & defensemen of a team that has problems scoring. They'll be lucky to score a goal between the two games.
Score does not really matter, they lose both even with them in lineup unless McCorriston and/or Coffin stand on there head and get shutouts somehow. Might be good to have a couple vets out and call up some APs.