Caledonia going for four

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia going for four

Post by Port hockey1 »

A little bit about the kids Caledonia just picked up;

Baird is a four year OHL veteran, he had 18 points in 51 games with Windsor last season.

Lauzon is said to be a forward & defensemen. Last year he had 20 points in 20 games in the NOJHL, then put up 7 points in 22 games in the QMJHL. Both look like great additions.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:A little bit about the kids Caledonia just picked up;

Baird is a four year OHL veteran, he had 18 points in 51 games with Windsor last season.

Lauzon is said to be a forward & defensemen. Last year he had 20 points in 20 games in the NOJHL, then put up 7 points in 22 games in the QMJHL. Both look like great additions.
Baird was in North Bay was traded to Windsor he's not going to help much believe me. He's a tough guy that's all he will bring to the table every team needs one though. Lauzon don't know much about. Baie-Comeau a last place team and was let go from there and cleared waivers. Couple major Jr guys coming in that's about all. Just like West was to and he didn't do much
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

These players tend to be a lot better offensively when they drop down to Jr.B
And anyone who puts up a point per game in the NOJHL is a good bet to be pretty good in this league. But I guess time will tell.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:These players tend to be a lot better offensively when they drop down to Jr.B
And anyone who puts up a point per game in the NOJHL is a good bet to be pretty good in this league. But I guess time will tell.
My opinion the NOJHL isn't that great of a league this league is a lot better the NOJHL has come a long way though that's my opinion. These guys that come down from major Jr are always a step ahead of guys down in this league one reason is bc there on the ice every day and another reason is the obvious bc major Jr is better hockey. Playing with better players your going to get better. Time will tell your right. Some guys come down and tear it up and other guys come down and do pretty much the same thing they were doing in major Jr.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I'm assuming there playing tonight. Guess we will find out soon enough of how good they are (point aren't everything)
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

The NOJHL isn't that great - most guys who come from there see a small drop off here, unless they come from one of the "have" programs like the TBirds.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

The GOJHL is a better league than the NOJHL, and it's really not close.
openice

Post by openice »

The Ontario leagues are close... looking at the last few years of CJHL rankings, overall the CCHL seems to be declining and the NOJ improving; although I noticed that they lost a lot of good players to other leagues this season. All leagues have good prospects - even on some bad teams. Lauzon and Baird take the body. I doubt either was brought in to put up big points. Playing heavy and Intimidating younger or less physical players on rival teams is more than likely the goal. How this season pans out for Caledonia will be interesting; especially with regard to Niagara Falls. They are a big young team with prospects that can skate and score. Recent Caledonia moves may just help them learn to play big by the end of the year.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

You forgot another element Niagara Falls has and that is team toughness. Maybe it will change now but nobody up until now could say that Caledonia is a physically tough team. Them along with St.Kitts are built with talent and speed. The Canucks are not as deep as the Corvairs or Falcons but close the gap with their team toughness.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

The new guys weren't that bad last night. Baird didn't really stand out a lot. Wasn't even that physical but first game with the team so that's understandable. But playing on a line both lindy and craevich you better pick it up a bit. And lauzon didn't look like he wanted to be there (like west). But once he scored in the third he looked great after that. Strong kid too that he showed in the fight (even though he was fighting a 17 year old). Both look like old men and should add a toughness to the team
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote: And lauzon didn't look like he wanted to be there (like west). But once he scored in the third he looked great after that.
May be much like Pastorious for Falcons. Thought he wanted to continue to play. Was a great addition. But the fire was just gone after a number of years in the O. Can't fault him/them.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea. Later in the game he started to play hard and was winning the battles. If e continues to play that way good pick up.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Have to agree with you on Lauzon. But as the game went on he seem to get is legs.
I didn't think he was that great of skater for playing f and d. But not scare to go to the front of the net that' how he score is goal pure determination.
I know your trying to make a impression by fighting but the other player was already going off. Now he's out for two games .
Baird way better skater . A local kid from Cayuga coming home to play he should prosper in Caledonia. PP time, PK time, playing with Lindy and Craevich
He seem a little hesitate after he hit a player in the first that could have been checking from behind. Coach staff and players I would have to think they told the new guys about the differs in rules and riffing in the GOJHL. These two guys I don't think they have that much ice time for awhile.
Your right toughness is what they bring. And that's want Caledonia needs.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

You have to remember that Baird and Lauzon are coming from teams where they were 4th line guys. They will adjust quickly however. Baird has what it takes to be a top player as evident in his midget days. I thought Baird played well Thursday. He was inside a few players heads and under there skin early in the game. He went to the net. He will be fine once he settles. Lauzon will settle in as well. Boy can he throw the fists as evident in his fight. I am shocked he got Instigator as he was hit form behind stood up looked at the Throlold player and they both stared each other down and shook the gloves. It was a mutual decision to fight no need for the instigator penalty. Let's be realistic. Caledonia is a place where kids want to play. With OHL and OJHL cut downs approaching kids will be available and Caledonia will be a popular choice. They will be fine.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote: He seem a little hesitate after he hit a player in the first that could have been checking from behind. Coach staff and players I would have to think they told the new guys about the differs in rules and riffing in the GOJHL.
I've always been bothered by the checking from behind thing. I think this league has the right idea when it comes to making those calls. But as you go up the hockey chain, it seems like it gets harder & harder to get that call to be made at times. That's why we see these kids come back from the CHL and take those penalties, and a few roughing penalties. The league they just dropped down from would've let those things go...

This is very frustrating as we are supposed to be trying to stop players from hitting the numbers. To make matters worse, check out the calls in these NHL games. Last night Emelin(Montreal) crushes a Sharks player into the boards right on his numbers. The hit looked like it could have seriously injured the player. The call... Boarding!!! Are you kidding me?! And we wonder why these kids get mad in these CHL & World hockey games and start running kids heads, and shoving them into the boards from behind. Because the higher the level you're at, the smaller the call will be!

#NHLNeedsToSetExamples!!!!
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Agreed. I understand it will take a bit for them to get comfortable. I was hearing a lot of people saying Bairds name at the arena in thorold. Anybody know more details about him and how he plays
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

So far he has not played well. He can skate but that's about it so far.
He was invisible in N.F. Now he's on a 4 game suspension.
Because he decides to fight himself against Pelham.
With a 8-0 lead a fighting majour, insigator and aggressor.
Now he's out for 4 games.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

7 point night for Lauzon tonight(1-6).
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea against one of the better teams in the league
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

At least Lauzon show up. How about Christain and Guy Polillo
18 goals scored 33 assists given out. And the Polillo brothers got nothing did they even play. Pointstreak said they played.
I no some times they don't show up but 18 goals and they got nothing.
Even Chenard got a assist.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Not really a whole lot of fun for the players. I'm not sure if they played or not but there is no need to win by more then they did. Non contact games kinda let players out of it. Don't care as much. They might not have passports though if they weren't there (jut throwing out ideas)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia has added veteran D, Devins-Cann, Mitchell. He played in the OJHL last season.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Thumped thorold last night. Looked like a actual championship team again. Played really well. They were also hitting everything in sight. Pair of Hatty's in the game by Lindy and monachino. Monachino has been playing well lately and is now on a line with the polillos. Sounds like bidenti might be gone for awhile is what I heard
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

10 goals and 18 points for Lindberg in his last 4 games :shock:
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Considering the teams were Buffalo, Pelham, thorold, and welland. Those teams are usually shut down teams
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote:Considering the teams were Buffalo, Pelham, thorold, and welland. Those teams are usually shut down teams
He's the real deal. And look at his total points, with all those PIMS he has. Imagine if he stayed out of the box! Mr. Consistency.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

He is one of the best in the league. He just doesn't bring his full effort every game. It's easy to tell when he's not trying. Only games he has actually went somewhat full out is against st Catherine's. If he put in a full effort every night he would be way to far past everyhody in the standings.

And does anybody have any thoughts on monachino on caledonia. He has been on fire lately including a hat trick against thorold while playing on a line with the polillos. Could be a really good replacement for bidenti for the time being until they figure out just how long he's gone
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Cali vairs! wrote:He is one of the best in the league. He just doesn't bring his full effort every game. It's easy to tell when he's not trying. Only games he has actually went somewhat full out is against st Catherine's. If he put in a full effort every night he would be way to far past everyhody in the standings.

And does anybody have any thoughts on monachino on caledonia. He has been on fire lately including a hat trick against thorold while playing on a line with the polillos. Could be a really good replacement for bidenti for the time being until they figure out just how long he's gone
For being a Corvairs fan you sure do like to chirp these kids. I've seen Lindberg play and for you to say he doesn't try upsets me. Don't sit behind your computer and tell me every time he's on the ice you have to be careful for so many reasons. If he has the puck he is dangerous he can score or set up plays or if he doesn't have the puck you have to be careful once again because HE THROUGHS BIG HITS AT BIG MOMENTS. Lindberg is a game changer he does a lot of little things well. After the game tonight vs Ancaster you should go down to the Corvairs room and ask the staff if you can criticize each and every player to there faces! Quit the yacking your team is winning.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Although I do find Cali vairs comments mostly informative and interesting I have to agree 100% with HockeyTalk21. It just isn't right to chirp your own players on a public forum. Do it within your own group if you must.