Caledonia going for four

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia going for four

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I was at the N.F. tourney this past weekend.I wouldn't go into the games after all it's the preseason.
But beware GOJHL Caledonia going for the Sutherland Cup again.It wasn't just the veteran players that looked good. It was there rookies they have that impressed me. I knew a lot of the players from updates from the Sachem news. But it's the players I didn't know that surprise me.
D- Zach Core 20 year old from the Sarnia Sting
D - Josh Defarias 19 year old from Orangeville, Sting, Knights and Siskins
F- Mike Finger - 20 year old - CCHL
G - Daniel Chenard - 17 year old from midget AAA
And a bunch more Evan Bidenti - NOJHL, Tyler Nagy - NDJCHL
Some others and I don't know there first names C Monachino, M Powell, Z Carr and E Nelson
Nice to see Ryan Punkari back.
Check the stats in 4 pre-season games.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/tea ... onid=16157

Also found this
s
OHLInsiders(.com) ‏@OHLinsiders 18h18 hours ago
Sounds like Sarnia #Sting OA Brandon Lindberg very well could be headed to Caledonia of the GOJHL.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=204243

From the Sachem

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/68299 ... n-tourney/
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia going for four

Post by Port hockey1 »

Great post! Thanks for continuing to post Caledonia news with great detail. I knew the rookies would impress. Caledonia wouldn't have them if their work ethic wasn't 110%.

Like I said all of last year, this new rule won't hurt Caledonia. If it wasn't for the Falcons going all in this season, Caledonia would have 1st place locked up once again. Even with the Falcons loading up this season, it will be a great battle for top spot all season.

I still find myself shaking my head at those who said Caledonia would be middle of the pack, or in a re-build this year due to the rule.

#GoingFor4! 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I would say they have first place locked up already.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

I saw a tweet about Connor Murphy being in talks with Caledonia....jeez :shock:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:I would say they have first place locked up already.
Depends on how bad St.Catharines wants it. They have the talent, but will they give the effort all season is the question.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

How do figure st cath has gone all in. We just lost both webbs to Erie and who did we pick up a couple local kids who wanted a little closer to home. Ferreira not sure why he is here
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

15timechamps wrote:How do figure st cath has gone all in. We just lost both webbs to Erie and who did we pick up a couple local kids who wanted a little closer to home. Ferreira not sure why he is here
The leading scorer from a OJHL team for starters. The Falcons have added several key players this off-season.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

We also lost Tyler angle. Who will play with Windsor.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

15timechamps wrote:We also lost Tyler angle. Who will play with Windsor.
A 2000 who was a 6th round pick? Unlikely.

He might have signed, but that's likely more to do with education package. He'll be put on a B card and used as an AP I'd bet.

ESPECIALLY since Windsor is going all in for Mem Cup.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Both of the Webb boys, Owen Green and Angle will all probably be sent back to St.Catharines. They will all probably be used as fill ins for the Jr.A clubs when ever needed. All of them are good players but not quite ready for the Show. :smt038 :smt038
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

caledonia has signed Evan bidenti

Miners transfer @bids13 Evan Bidenti to Caledonia Corvairs Jr B in the GOJHL. We thank Evan for his time here and wish him continued success
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Has anybody heard anything about Jonathan shaefer. I haven't heard him sign anywhere and his name is on the elite prospects roster so jut wondering if he will be back. I don't imagine so but hope so. (Jake brown is still on the roster too even though he got traded)
HRA16

Post by HRA16 »

Cali vairs! wrote:Has anybody heard anything about Jonathan shaefer. I haven't heard him sign anywhere and his name is on the elite prospects roster so jut wondering if he will be back. I don't imagine so but hope so. (Jake brown is still on the roster too even though he got traded)
Shaefer was out playing in the Ice Dogs B&W game last night...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like Caledonia has added Kyle West. A '98 birth year(forward). He should add some offense.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:Looks like Caledonia has added Kyle West. A '98 birth year(forward). He should add some offense.
Just not in time. Bit of a shocker...Thorold getting a point off the Vairs. :shock:

Looks like they just ran in to a hot goalie....shots suggest it was lopsided otherwise, in favour of Caledonia
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:Looks like Caledonia has added Kyle West. A '98 birth year(forward). He should add some offense.
Add offense he had 4 assists last year in Guelph. He's not the answer for them
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Had good minor league numbers. He'll put up points.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

BillyTheKid wrote:
A year of OHL experience? Once he comes back to B, the game will slow down and he'll likely be a 60+ point guy. Heck, he had 30 in 50 as a 16 year old in the OJHL.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Good first match up last night between the Falcons and the Corvairs. First one of the season is usually a feeling out affair, for the rest of the season. Goaltending the difference last night, based on shots against and save %. Wasn't there, can't comment otherwise. But only the first of many good match ups between the two, I'm sure.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Always a good game when the best two teams in the Horseshoe meet. Both teams have plenty of talent but the Falcons refuse to lose attitude last night is what brought them over the top. looking forward to the remaining battles between these two teams. :smt062
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Sounds like corvairs have added a D from the Q and let west go
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote:Sounds like corvairs have added a D from the Q and let west go
That move certainly won't hurt them in their quest!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I don't know about anyone else, but I like seeing teams pickup a few CHL players. As long as team's aren't loaded with them it makes for some great hockey. Seems like having a few of those kids for that extra experience is a must to be a serious contender these days. Even some of these kids that are found from the OJHL come to this league and show amazing skill.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea but they still will have to battle with st kitts, niagra Falls, and even Ancaster showed theubcan compete tonight. Love the competition. But move should help. Since west hasn't been traded yet they have not officially signed anybody yet (is from want Im hearing)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

It's going to be harder for Caledonia this year. They have no more 20 year old cards left.
They all ready have made a lot of moves that have just not worked out. Caledonia have made a commitment to some kids in there line up that just have not played that well. Now there looking to move West (98) that I think has played just as good as a few others on this team. It will be interesting to see want they do. Rizzetto did say he would like another D or two and another top 6 forward .
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Rizzetto did say he would like another D or two and another top 6 forward .
I heard Girhiny said he would like six more top three forwards, one more starting goalie. His D is fine. Then they might be able to beat the 'Vairs in seven. :D
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

K.West has been traded to Brantford.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Not really a huge loss. Didn't look like he cared most of the time he was out there. Only way he got points was by a pass right to him in front. Even though he had a couple good games just wasn't showing up on a consistent basis ready to play. Wish him all the luck in brantford. Shouldn't be too bad of a pickup for them
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote:Not really a huge loss. Didn't look like he cared most of the time he was out there. Only way he got points was by a pass right to him in front. Even though he had a couple good games just wasn't showing up on a consistent basis ready to play. Wish him all the luck in brantford. Shouldn't be too bad of a pickup for them
Did the 'Vairs end up signing the D from the Q? I hadn't heard if that was confirmed or not.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Darryl Smart ‏@DarrylSmart1 1h1 hour ago
... West being moved to @99ershockey made room for @ProFitCorvairs to pick up Mike Baird (@SpitsHockey) & Jamey Lauzon (@DrakkardeBaieCo)