Caledonia going for four

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia going for four

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:
Cali vairs! wrote:He is one of the best in the league. He just doesn't bring his full effort every game. It's easy to tell when he's not trying. Only games he has actually went somewhat full out is against st Catherine's. If he put in a full effort every night he would be way to far past everyhody in the standings.

And does anybody have any thoughts on monachino on caledonia. He has been on fire lately including a hat trick against thorold while playing on a line with the polillos. Could be a really good replacement for bidenti for the time being until they figure out just how long he's gone
For being a Corvairs fan you sure do like to chirp these kids. I've seen Lindberg play and for you to say he doesn't try upsets me. Don't sit behind your computer and tell me every time he's on the ice you have to be careful for so many reasons. If he has the puck he is dangerous he can score or set up plays or if he doesn't have the puck you have to be careful once again because HE THROUGHS BIG HITS AT BIG MOMENTS. Lindberg is a game changer he does a lot of little things well. After the game tonight vs Ancaster you should go down to the Corvairs room and ask the staff if you can criticize each and every player to there faces! Quit the yacking your team is winning.
A lot of fans don't just point out the good. Being able to point out the bad about your team takes a lot of guts. There's people out there who would have an excuse if their team's player slashed a kid in the head, to some fans there team can do no wrong.

Being able to point out the problem area's of a players game is great, IMO. If you keep pumping their tires, even when there's mistakes being made, or there's a lack of effort, that isn't going to help correct the problems.

I also have no problem with the fans who choose to only point out the good. I guess that's being positive. But believe it or not most players read this forum, I confirmed that a few years back. So when they see people being a little critical of their games, they can either roll their eyes, or tell themselves they're going to correct these issues.

Early in the season I called out 3 Caledonia players by their numbers on here. I said that they had amazing talent, but sitting in the box all night isn't going to help them. I said that yelling at the ref, no matter who's right isn't a good thing. It will just end up costing you 10 minutes, or a game misconduct.

Now I'm sure their coach was preaching something similar to them. But whatever motivated them(something did), it seemed to work. Those kids are rarely in the box for yapping anymore. They've cleaned their games right up and I'm very proud of them for being able to accomplish that.

Guess what I'm saying is this is a forum for opinion. Those opinions don't always have to be about how great so and so is doing out there. There's nothing wrong with pointing out issues as well. Just my take. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I quote "Being able to point out bad things about your team takes a lot of guts" end quote.
You've got to be kidding. Shooting down a player and using his name and then sign off using your forum name takes guts ??? I don't think so. If those so inclined to point out weaknesses in a players game and you are truly interested in helping him improve why don't you go to a team practice and ask to meet with him and point out his problems face to face. I'll tell you why you won't because the coach or GM would probably tell you where to go. Nothing wrong with discussions within your own group concerning what you see as weaknesses in a players game.
I think we would all agree that most coaches in the GOJHL know a lot more about their hockey players then any of us do and I'm sure they all deal with the soft spots in their players games and don't appreciate people coming on here and chirping their kids.
Just my opinions, not meant to rattle anybodies feathers, but if it does, then live with it.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:I quote "Being able to point out bad things about your team takes a lot of guts" end quote.
You've got to be kidding. Shooting down a player and using his name and then sign off using your forum name takes guts ??? I don't think so. If those so inclined to point out weaknesses in a players game and you are truly interested in helping him improve why don't you go to a team practice and ask to meet with him and point out his problems face to face. I'll tell you why you won't because the coach or GM would probably tell you where to go. Nothing wrong with discussions within your own group concerning what you see as weaknesses in a players game.
I think we would all agree that most coaches in the GOJHL know a lot more about their hockey players then any of us do and I'm sure they all deal with the soft spots in their players games and don't appreciate people coming on here and chirping their kids.
Just my opinions, not meant to rattle anybodies feathers, but if it does, then live with it.
Actually, I received a thank you from Caledonia's GM on this forum last year, for the continued support. And he has obviously seen me be critical before.

I agree that ripping a player by name on here isn't a good idea. But there's a difference between ripping a kid and pointing out area's of his game that might need improvement. But like you said, I'm sure the coaches are in a lot better position to do that than any of us are.

However, players tend to tune coaches out. Like Babcock say's, keep it short or they aren't going to hear you. So I guess when I point things out I'm hoping the coaches have already been doing the same, and maybe said player will see that there's fans who've been around this league for a longtime who feel the same way. Maybe seeing others including fans preaching the same thing as the coaching staff will help it sink in a little more. The reason I used players numbers earlier this season was because I didn't think it would be right to single them out on a public forum by name.

This is just my way of looking at things. I realize others have different views and that's fine. And as for being anonymous on here, most choose to post like that for a reason. I think we can all agree that having anonymous people harassing us over our posts, in our personal lives is something we could do without.

BTW: What was with your last line? I kept my post respectful, so why would a respectful reply ruffle anyone's feathers? :)

Merry Christmas BTDT. :smt114
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Exactly,why would a respectful reply ruffle anyone's feathers.
Port, thanks and Merry Christmas to you. :smt114
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I'm not trying to chirp him. Never did I say he wasn't a bad player. A lot of games he just doesn't play the same as he does in others. Don't try and call me out and say that I'm chirping every player. I'm doing what simply any smart hockey fan should do. I will support and defend them but you have to tell the truth. He is a very dangerous player (obviously) but he could do more (even though he does in the big games). I want Caledonia to be the absolute best team they can be. If there is any small way to improve you do it. Never did or will question him as a hockey player but some games it just doesn't look like he dominates the way he does in others
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

And that's not really chirping. Chirping is going after a players game. Not making fun of him at all. Can u really say he dominates or plays the same way against st kitts then against Fort Erie. If so you haven't watched a lot of the games. There are tons of players who do it. And the only way that anybody should care about it is if it's affected the team in the standings. But I agree coaches and GM's know a lot more then anybody on here (except for Riz being on here, lol). Plus do u really think these players care what is said on here. They don't come on here after every game and read everything.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

But I am a truly sorry if anybody thinks I was trying to attack Lindy. Honestly wasn't. Just trying to stage my opinion
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:I'm not trying to chirp him. Never did I say he wasn't a bad player. A lot of games he just doesn't play the same as he does in others. Don't try and call me out and say that I'm chirping every player. I'm doing what simply any smart hockey fan should do. I will support and defend them but you have to tell the truth. He is a very dangerous player (obviously) but he could do more (even though he does in the big games). I want Caledonia to be the absolute best team they can be. If there is any small way to improve you do it. Never did or will question him as a hockey player but some games it just doesn't look like he dominates the way he does in others
How about Maksimovich... Big game tonight, I think he'll be dangerous as a sleeper in the playoffs.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

He has been playing really well lately. Hes not a flashy player but he is good with the puck. Him and Fletch have so much chemistry. But I think the biggest part of his game is his penalty killing. He has to be one of if not the best in the league
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia signs another goalie Bradley Van Schubert from the Newmarket Hurricans.
I thought Caledonia look good in net. I never saw this one coming. The question is why and who goes.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Caledonia signs another goalie Bradley Van Schubert from the Newmarket Hurricans.
I thought Caledonia look good in net. I never saw this one coming. The question is why and who goes.
Caledonia seems to go through more goalies then every other team in Golden Horseshoe does players and goalies combined
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

They know what it takes to win. Must not have been satisfied with what they had. It will be interesting to see what their defence looks like after the deadline.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Caledonia signs another goalie Bradley Van Schubert from the Newmarket Hurricans.
Looks like a solid goalie. I'm not surprised that they got another goalie. their goaltending has been great to average at times. They might have been alright with who they already have, but this is a team that wants to win another championship. Great move, IMO. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Caledonia seems to go through more goalies then every other team in Golden Horseshoe does players and goalies combined
How so? Furlong & Entmaa were great goalies that were brought in at the start of previous seasons. All top teams go looking for a goalie when they aren't sure of their starter. Even the Falcons made a move this season, but are normally a team that finds a legit number one in the off-season.

Personally, I've always thought Chatham has been a team that's never happy with their goaltending. They've made several moves over the last few years. Won't be surprised if they do it again this year to.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

New goalie confirmed. Heard he was out at practice and savard wasn't but it didn't hear anything official
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
How so? Furlong & Entmaa were great goalies that were brought in at the start of previous seasons. All top teams go looking for a goalie when they aren't sure of their starter. Even the Falcons made a move this season, but are normally a team that finds a legit number one in the off-season.

Personally, I've always thought Chatham has been a team that's never happy with their goaltending. They've made several moves over the last few years. Won't be surprised if they do it again this year to.
seriously port chathams goal tending is great it has a few week links in front of them that is the issue but they are working on fixing that i see
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:

seriously port chathams goal tending is great it has a few week links in front of them that is the issue but they are working on fixing that i see
Wasn't trying to take any jabs with that comment. Sometimes you have a good thing going in net, but decide to upgrade just in case. Chatham hasn't had any net issues this season that would be cause for concern. Just meant I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in a solid veteran if they find one. Just for insurance.