Thorold Forced to Change Logo

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Thorold Forced to Change Logo

Post by RocketGirl »

So the Blackhawks are being forced to change their logo. Thorold Town Council has decided it's been used long enough and are forcing the team to change, as it will no longer be acceptable as of June 1, 2017. So they have some time to fix it.

This is the article from the St. Catharines Standard about it.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... -has-to-go

Here's what the Death Pool thinks about it.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-deat ... ange-logo/

I understand the concern, and at least they're not being forced to change their name, yet. I say that because there was a group that wanted it changed 2 years ago. This is my article that I wrote in July 2014.

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2014 ... in-a-name/

And then my revamped one last year when Stratford was getting some hate.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/whats-in-a-name/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Thorold Forced to Change Logo

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Thorold Blackhawks, should the name change, NEVER, should the Logo change, well maybe. Maybe change it to resemble a Black Hawk Helicopter Pilot..
What should change however is the mayor :smt119 and council in Thorold :smt015 , whom have allowed this to become a political football. I'm sure with a little negotiations and with each side willing to bend a little, the owners of the Blackhawks and the City could have come up with some kind of compromise that would have satisfied all concerns.

I'm wondering if in his wisdom, did the City Mayor give the same directive to the TMHA. (Thorold Minor Hockey Association ). They use the same Logo as the Junior Club. :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Thorold Blackhawks, should the name change, NEVER, should the Logo change, well maybe. Maybe change it to resemble a Black Hawk Helicopter Pilot..
What should change however is the mayor :smt119 and council in Thorold :smt015 , whom have allowed this to become a political football. I'm sure with a little negotiations and with each side willing to bend a little, the owners of the Blackhawks and the City could have come up with some kind of compromise that would have satisfied all concerns.

I'm wondering if in his wisdom, did the City Mayor give the same directive to the TMHA. (Thorold Minor Hockey Association ). They use the same Logo as the Junior Club. :smt102
Its not like they weren't notified. This has been going on for like 3 years they are just making it official now. Could have told them they have to change it immediately but they didnt they are giving another year. The whole association has to change yes that is stated in the article.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I was just reading the articles. How dumb... Just as dumb as the guy who wrote one of those articles, Grant Lafletche!

That logo has been around for many years, now in the politically correct year of 2016 it's suddenly a huge racism problem... :roll: :smt031

People are out of their minds these days!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:I was just reading the articles. How dumb... Just as dumb as the guy who wrote one of those articles, Grant Lafletche!

That logo has been around for many years, now in the politically correct year of 2016 it's suddenly a huge racism problem... :roll: :smt031

Problem now, been an issue since like 2013 haha.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:I was just reading the articles. How dumb... Just as dumb as the guy who wrote one of those articles, Grant Lafletche!

Problem now, been an issue since like 2013 haha.
Never been an issue, people with no lives turning it into one. Thorold has had many native players over the years... So where's the problem... There isn't one.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Thats your opinion. First Nations people have a different opinion.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Thats your opinion. First Nations people have a different opinion.
Except the many First Nations kids who've played for them over the years! :roll: :wink:
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2016/10/20 ... ockey-team

It will be intersting to see the new logo. I hope it's not another letter like Stratford big time boar
Sounds like there still keeping the name Black Hawks
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I saw two interesting posts...in regards to new artwork to consider for the Chicago Blackhawks. Link is below. But first, I quote a post I read, where the origin of Blackhawks comes from. From a warrior, called Black Hawk. This is not my quote, but rather a post I read.

"Nice logo but it has nothing to do with the meaning of the name which is a tribute to Black Hawk a war leader and warrior of the Sauk American Indian tribe. I wish people would get informed about these things before they try to be politically correct. There's a reason why the number one jersey worn by native Americans is from the Chicago Blackhawks, and that reason is because they are proud."

Link to background of Black Hawk.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(Sauk_leader)

Link to proposed new Chicago Blackhawks logo
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... ral-162457

I'm not saying whether either is a good idea or not. Just thought I'd share what I've seen posted.