2016 GOJHL Showcase

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

GOJHLfan1

2016 GOJHL Showcase

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

The 2016 GOJHL Showcase will once again be hosted by the London Nationals at the Western Fair Sports Center on Sept 10 and Sept 11. Full Schedule should be released soon. I seen Lambton Shores posted they are playing Buffalo so that must confirm they are back bearing any last minute problems again.

Welland plays Brantford/London
St Catharines plays LaSalle/Kitchener
Port hockey1

Re: 2016 GOJHL Showcase

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: I seen Lambton Shores posted they are playing Buffalo so that must confirm they are back bearing any last minute problems again.
Alright! Battle of the bottom feeders. :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote: I seen Lambton Shores posted they are playing Buffalo so that must confirm they are back bearing any last minute problems again.
Better then watching a top team play them and win 17-1
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Any word on who the other Golden teams play in the showcase?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Better then watching a top team play them and win 17-1
If they buit their teams properly, that wouldn't happen. No sympathy here.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Yep your right be we have no control over that so as a fan I would rather watch Lambton Shores vs Buffalo over Kitchener/Buffalo or something.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Yep your right be we have no control over that so as a fan I would rather watch Lambton Shores vs Buffalo over Kitchener/Buffalo or something.
Fair enough. I just think having top teams play bottom teams makes more sense. This way we see indications on how much some team's have improved, or been set back. It also makes it easier to spot kids on the bottom teams that are out working, or stand out from their teammates.

But I guess this could also go the other way, maybe one of these bottom teams takes the other one out by 6 or 7 goals.(an indication the team has improved) :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Wouldn't you rather see their improvement against a team that's more their caliber than throwing them to the wolves?

Buffalo is a team that's been gone for 2 seasons and are doing a complete re-build vs. Lambton Shores who has finished no higher than 8th in their franchise history. In all honesty, how much do you think either team has improved?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

The showcase is for the NCAA scouts. They're going to pick and choose games based on names they've been told about, as well as who they hear are the teams to watch. Putting teams against eachother who should be similar caliber makes sense, so the scouts aren't having to try judging based on blowouts.

Watching a player from the Dutchmen go put up 3 goals and 4 assists in some route against Buffalo or Pelham really doesn't do much for them. Watching the same player go play St. Catharine's or London and put up a goal and an assist and work his ass off for it, likely does.