Erie Otters are a Joke!

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Canuckalhead

Erie Otters are a Joke!

Post by Canuckalhead »

Why would the Erie Otters hire Wes Wolfe as an Assistant Coach? Is Dave Brown out of his mind?? The kid couldn't win a game when he coached Midget hockey in the Falls. He couldn't win as the Head Coach of Pelham and then he goes into St. Catharines and they didn't trust him to take over when Frank wasn't there so they had to bring in Johnstone. it was brutal that the Falcons hired him and now this. What a joke!
GOJHLfan1

Re: Erie Otters are a Joke!

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

To be fair I do not think any coach could win with that Pelham team
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

You got to give Frank Girhiny credit for this one. He got rid of Wes Wolfe. He some how talked Erie into hiring him.
He than went and hired Johnstone who he wanted to make head coach all along.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... -all-began

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... -challenge
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:You got to give Frank Girhiny credit for this one. He got rid of Wes Wolfe. He some how talked Erie into hiring him.
He than went and hired Johnstone who he wanted to make head coach all along.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... -all-began

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... -challenge
Bringing in Brad Jackson was a big surprise to me. I remember him and know him through mutual friends, great hockey guy.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caged

Post by Caged »

LOL
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

A lot of haters. Pretty sure Wes had a subpar team of under achievers in Niagara Falls. Not many of those kids moved on to bigger and better things.

Pelham, really? We're going to judge any coach based on their record coaching Pelham?

Girhiny knew exactly what he was getting in Wes. As did the Otters. He may never be a head coach in the OHL. Time will tell. But his intangibles, breaking down game video and systems was exactly what Girhiny, and the Otters wanted. It's 2017 hockey, not 1970 goon hockey of skating up and down the ice, shoot hard, hit hard.

If Johnstone was everything Girhiny wanted, and vise versa....why have they parted ways this year?

OHL hockey is a business. Especially when coaching. You either do your job, or you're gone. The Otters didn't have any reason to fire Wolfe, because he did what they expected of him.

Don't hate on a guy who chased dreams, and reached them. Good on Wes for never giving up.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Did you really scroll back to a year ago just to comment on this OLD thread?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just wanted to point out that Wes Wolfe knows the game really well. He was a great player, not a big time scorer, but he did whatever was asked of him out there. And he did with nothing short of 110% effort. He was the kind of role player any team would've loved to have had back then. So I'd imagine that he know's the different aspects of the game well.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102