Caledonia and St CATHARINES OFF SEASON

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia and St CATHARINES OFF SEASON

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Looks like another year of the St Catharines, Caledonia rivalry.
Caledonia pick up Guy and Christian Polillio from Brantford 99ers
But St Catharines went out and pick up Lucas Smilsky and John Dilorenzo from Orangeville.
A great move by the Falcons. There so much better with these two guys. Smilsky should be a force in the GOJHL.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2016/0 ... -prospects

http://stcatharinesfalcons.pointstreaks ... ews_448534
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia and St CATHARINES OFF SEASON

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Looks like another year of the St Catharines, Caledonia rivalry.
Caledonia pick up Guy and Christian Polillio from Brantford 99ers
But St Catharines went out and pick up Lucas Smilsky and John Dilorenzo from Orangeville.
A great move by the Falcons. There so much better with these two guys. Smilsky should be a force in the GOJHL.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2016/0 ... -prospects

http://stcatharinesfalcons.pointstreaks ... ews_448534
Nice moves, but Dilorenzo is overrated. There's a reason why he's coming back to Jr.B. Just my opinion.

The other kid... Isn't that what everyone was angry at Caledonia for this past season??? For loading up on players that should've been playing in the OJHL?!

Funny how fast everyone wants to move forward. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Not to get into a big argument, but Caledonia had more to do with how many. If St. Catharine's goes overboard, I certainly hope that the other teams say something just like they did with Caledonia. There shouldn't be a target on one team. Everyone needs to fall in line.

I'm sure we'll see OJHL guys (whether 98, 97 or 96s) move to some GOJHL teams. 1-3 is no big issue - it's usually to do with a kid moving to go to school in a local area - London, Waterloo, Niagara area, etc.

Regarding the Polilo bros... curious if there dad is joining the Corvair organization?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/stcath ... ews_448875

St. Catharine's signs five from their prospect camp - 1 98, 3 99s and 1 00.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:Not to get into a big argument, but Caledonia had more to do with how many. If St. Catharine's goes overboard, I certainly hope that the other teams say something just like they did with Caledonia. There shouldn't be a target on one team. Everyone needs to fall in line.

I'm sure we'll see OJHL guys (whether 98, 97 or 96s) move to some GOJHL teams. 1-3 is no big issue - it's usually to do with a kid moving to go to school in a local area - London, Waterloo, Niagara area, etc.
Agree with you 100%
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Tyler Hildebrandt signs with Oakville Blades.
Another GOJHL vet signs with a OJHL team
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Tyler Hildebrandt signs with Oakville Blades.
Another GOJHL vet signs with a OJHL team
That's going to hurt the Falcons. I don't think he was happy with the coaching staff. That, and I've been told he was unimpressed with several teammates efforts last season. Guess he decided it was best to move on...
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

ILuvHackey wrote:Not to get into a big argument, but Caledonia had more to do with how many. If St. Catharine's goes overboard, I certainly hope that the other teams say something just like they did with Caledonia. There shouldn't be a target on one team. Everyone needs to fall in line.

Regarding the Polilo bros... curious if there dad is joining the Corvair organization?
Regarding the Polillo bros this is interesting because Hagersville Hawks are looking for a head coach. Could one of Caledonia asst. go to Hagersville to be head coach. And Polillo dad join the Caledonia organization. I don't see this happening but you never know.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

X Caledonia player Nathan Gomes has left Burlington Cougars to play for the London Nationals.
Good player lots of speed and on that big ice a good pick up. Always has a smile.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:X Caledonia player Nathan Gomes has left Burlington Cougars to play for the London Nationals.
Good player lots of speed and on that big ice a good pick up. Always has a smile.
He'll be a top 4 scorer for them next season at the least.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

You are correct.. the issue was not with having over-agers but how many... Caledonia just took it to the extreme. If St Catharines had tried the same route under the old rules then they deserved the same scorn heaped on Caledonia but there is no way St Catharines had the resources to do that.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Caledonia has traded Jake Brown to Elmira.
bluenose

Post by bluenose »

He asked to be traded
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

bluenose wrote:He asked to be traded
Makes sense, nothing left to win... Probably moving out that way, so why not play for the local team & shoot for another ring.

Best of luck Jake! :smt080