Will Fort Erie be able to retain their young talent?

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Will Fort Erie be able to retain their young talent?

Post by Port hockey1 »

Aurora 06/01/16 ADD Lachance, Brayden (G) added to team
Cobourg 06/01/16 ADD Martin, Bryce (D) added to team

Two gone so far, if they get most of their core back they should be in good shape though. I've heard that they've committed to a couple of young kids already for next season.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Will Fort Erie be able to retain their young talent?

Post by Caledonia Fan »

What can you say about Fort Erie . Most Golden Horseshoe fans have a soft spot for Fort Erie.
But every year for years Fort Erie always finishes near the bottom.
They do a Great job of finding young talent. But keeping young talent is the problem.
I know people on this forum will say this is good . We are a development league.
But is the Ontario Junior A League that much better. Something to talk about at a later date.
The other problem they have is keeping there older skilled players. They trade them away for cash and 16 year old cards.
Or they want out like Delcan Conway last year (Chatham). They traded for Manny Manns and he ends up jumping to the GMHL(Whalers).
This is just a few examples there's lots through the years. It's just one big circle year after year for years. There's one way to change this.
That's is to win more games and more of winning commitment.
But they seem to be happy with being a farm team.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

It's all about development in Fort Erie.
Ben Evans signs with Ottawa 67s.
Fort Erie Meteors ‏@FEMeteors Jun 12
BREAKING NEWS: Meteors star rookie forward @benevans917 has signed with @Ottawa67sHockey of the OHL.
Kyle and Jared Marino good story.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2016/0 ... -for-title

Fort Erie sign four.

Fort Erie Meteors ‏@FEMeteors 19h19 hours ago
Last signing of the day, dman Jake Broughton from Port Colborne. Jake is a big rugged D that is not afraid of the tough areas. Welcome Jake
Third signing of the day was Fort Erie native Alex McAteer. Alex is a power forward from STA Major Midgets. Welcome aboard Alex
We have also signed Fort Erie native Cail Cirillo. Cail played last season for the STA Major Midgets. Cail's dad Ryan was a Meteor.
Meteors have signed dman Andrew Somerville from Niagara Falls. Last season Andrew led the Niagara District Jr C Hockey League in D scoring
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Mets are looking good so far.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102