Welland loses top defensemen from last year

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Welland loses top defensemen from last year

Post by Port hockey1 »

Wellington 06/01/16 ADD MacDuff, Nathan (D) added to team

Looks like it's going to be another long season in Welland.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Welland loses top defensemen from last year

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Osborne is good at developing defencemen. MacDuff, Allan, Thivierge and Ferris to name a few.It's his defense first team.
D man Adam Barron look good in last years playoffs. Hope he's back this year.
Welland always puts together a very competitive team at the start of the season.
But it's during the season they don't keep up with the other top teams.
The other teams are bringing in guys to improve there teams.
But Welland rarely makes moves. Same thing at trade deadline.
I think of all the miss opportunity's this team has had over the years.
How much better if they would have added a scorer or two a d man to help the PP.
It's got to be frustrating for there fans.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Welland's Owner is Cheap. He was Cheap when he was in Thorold and he has done nothing in Welland but run the franchise into the ground. He should have got out of the game a long time ago.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:Welland's Owner is Cheap. He was Cheap when he was in Thorold and he has done nothing in Welland but run the franchise into the ground. He should have got out of the game a long time ago.
He's far from being one of the worst owners in the league. Cheap, really? A lot of team's have cheap ownership in this league.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

You guys say that the owners are "cheap" but you guys don't understand the behind the scenes of how much money they spend on the players they get every year. School/gas/equipment/transportation/billets. You can only spend so much money when your not making any money from it. Not to mention a lacrosse team that has expenses in the hockey off season to (in Welland atleast). You guys just see oh there not competitive they must not be buying good players well how is that the owners fault? Sounds like a scouting problem to me the owner normally doesnt know how good players are they listen to scouts.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:You guys say that the owners are "cheap" but you guys don't understand the behind the scenes of how much money they spend on the players they get every year. School/gas/equipment/transportation/billets. You can only spend so much money when your not making any money from it. Not to mention a lacrosse team that has expenses in the hockey off season to (in Welland atleast). You guys just see oh there not competitive they must not be buying good players well how is that the owners fault? Sounds like a scouting problem to me the owner normally doesnt know how good players are they listen to scouts.
First of all, I defended him. Second, every team deals with the expenses you mentioned, so that's just a cop-out. He is in fact very careful with his money, but calling him cheap is kind of insulting, as he's done more for his team than several other owners ever have for theirs.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:You guys say that the owners are "cheap" but you guys don't understand the behind the scenes of how much money they spend on the players they get every year. School/gas/equipment/transportation/billets. You can only spend so much money when your not making any money from it. Not to mention a lacrosse team that has expenses in the hockey off season to (in Welland atleast). You guys just see oh there not competitive they must not be buying good players well how is that the owners fault? Sounds like a scouting problem to me the owner normally doesnt know how good players are they listen to scouts.
First of all, I defended him. Second, every team deals with the expenses you mentioned, so that's just a cop-out. He is in fact very careful with his money, but calling him cheap is kind of insulting, as he's done more for his team than several other owners ever have for theirs.
Was not really towards you it was just in general. I mean your right that the other teams do as well but theres a few that have more resources then the others as well. This is not the NHL the owners are not millionaires.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Has Welland won a Championship with Louie as the Owner?? Did Thorold win a Championship with Louie as the Owner??? The fact is he has put himself as the GM of the hockey club. It's up to the GM to bring in players along with his coaching and scouting staff. What does Louis Savona know about the game of hockey?? His Lacrosse teams are also a joke. He is cheap and always has been and that's not up for discussion, that's a fact!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:Has Welland won a Championship with Louie as the Owner?? Did Thorold win a Championship with Louie as the Owner??? The fact is he has put himself as the GM of the hockey club. It's up to the GM to bring in players along with his coaching and scouting staff. What does Louis Savona know about the game of hockey?? His Lacrosse teams are also a joke. He is cheap and always has been and that's not up for discussion, that's a fact!
Signed: A former disgruntled player. :P
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:Has Welland won a Championship with Louie as the Owner?? Did Thorold win a Championship with Louie as the Owner??? The fact is he has put himself as the GM of the hockey club. It's up to the GM to bring in players along with his coaching and scouting staff. What does Louis Savona know about the game of hockey?? His Lacrosse teams are also a joke. He is cheap and always has been and that's not up for discussion, that's a fact!
No they havent but they have had there chances. Were 1 fluke goal by Jimmy Sheehan off the back boards away from the Sutherland Cup 3 years ago.