Caledonia Heading To Sutherland Cup Finals With Perfect 16-0 Record

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia Heading To Sutherland Cup Finals With Perfect 16-0 Record

Post by Port hockey1 »

What a run Caledonia is on, heading to the Sutherland Cup finals with a perfect 16-0 record.

Their biggest hurdle was Waterloo, I thought they played with more desire than St.Catharines. But aside from the Pelham series, nothing came easy. The Pelham series actually set them back, as they weren't facing Jr.B talent for 4 straight games. That makes the sweep of Niagara Falls that much more impressive.

Please folks, only well wishes on this thread. There's many threads between this forum & the West forum taking jabs at Caledonia. Nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to keep this one respectful. The kids in Caledonia gave it everything they had all season, and they have feelings too. Great job boys!

Anyone can put a team loaded with talent together. It takes a special coach, and a whole lot of dedication from the players to find chemistry and get results.

Let's go boys, time to make history!!! :smt026 :smt023 :smt020 :smt067 :smt034 :smt033 :smt029

BTW: I wasn't taking a jab at the Falcons, I really think Waterloo played a stronger series. Considering they are a one line team, I thought they played great...Aside from game 3.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
three dog night

Re: Caledonia Heading To Sutherland Cup Finals With Perfect 16-0 Record

Post by three dog night »

Congrats on the series win over Waterloo but it 15 wins and a overtime win 99% perfect it you want to get tech. The Falcons are still the closest team in beeting Caledonia about 11 min away in game three.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

three dog night wrote:Congrats on the series win over Waterloo but it 15 wins and a overtime win 99% perfect it you want to get tech. The Falcons are still the closest team in beeting Caledonia about 11 min away in game three.
Waterloo's game 2 where it was 5-5 with like 4 minutes left. That was probably the closest.
three dog night

Al tech but the Falcons did take them into overtime .
three dog night

I have a comprise Falcons almost beat them on their home ice . Waterloo came the closest to beating Caledonia in Caledonia. Can Stratford or London beat them in the final.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6 ... ayoff-run/

I was right besides her when she wrote it!

Honestly, I think it was a good series for Waterloo. I'm sure playing against an older and more talented roster will help Waterloo for the next season or two.

Waterloo definately has a moral victory here. Five years ago, they were about to fold. Since that time, they've made it to the Cherrey Cup twice, one it once, won 3 Midwestern Conference rookie of the year awards, 1 MVP, numerous amount of future OHL players (Platzer, Goetz, Lajeunesse, Defarias, Lazerev, Chase Campbell), Kyle Betts who's 149 in NHL scouting NA skaters, numerous amount of future CIS players.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

4-1 London after the 2nd. Looking like they'll be up next.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102