Charity Exhibition Game

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Beehive

Charity Exhibition Game

Post by Beehive »

I think that once the season ends the Caledonia Corvairs should challenge the Trenton Golden Hawks to an exhibition game with all proceeds going to various charities. This would gauge just how good this Corvair team is and put an end to a lot of trash talk on this board. I remember this same situation occurred in the early 90's when the unbeaten Junior B Barrie Colts played a two-game exhibition with the Wexford Raiders of the old Metro Tier 2 Junior Hockey league. Both games were very tightly contested with the Raiders winning each contest by a single goal. Just a thought!
jfvoll

Re: Charity Exhibition Game

Post by jfvoll »

three dog night

Post by three dog night »

That would be interesting growing up in St.Kitts I remember exhibition games between the Black Hawks and Falcons for charity back in the early 1970's
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:I think that once the season ends the Caledonia Corvairs should challenge the Trenton Golden Hawks to an exhibition game with all proceeds going to various charities. This would gauge just how good this Corvair team is and put an end to a lot of trash talk on this board. I remember this same situation occurred in the early 90's when the unbeaten Junior B Barrie Colts played a two-game exhibition with the Wexford Raiders of the old Metro Tier 2 Junior Hockey league. Both games were very tightly contested with the Raiders winning each contest by a single goal. Just a thought!
I think that would be a great idea. After Trenton beats them 8-3, we can put this to rest. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

three dog night wrote:That would be interesting growing up in St.Kitts I remember exhibition games between the Black Hawks and Falcons for charity back in the early 1970's
Back in those days, the Falcons were somewhat of a farm team for the Hawks . Many of the Hawks came up from the Falcons ( Pay, Scott, Craig). The game used to be a sell out but then again the Falcons used to draw > 1500 fans every Friday night with full houses in the playoffs.

The crowds now are a fraction of the size ( 300?) but then again the whole setup of the league has changed and the Dogs are in town. People would rather go to the Dog games to see 16-19 year olds play with a shot at the NHL versus Junior B which is now mostly older Junior A castoffs playing getting in their last year of hockey.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

oldtymer wrote:
three dog night wrote:That would be interesting growing up in St.Kitts I remember exhibition games between the Black Hawks and Falcons for charity back in the early 1970's
Back in those days, the Falcons were somewhat of a farm team for the Hawks . Many of the Hawks came up from the Falcons ( Pay, Scott, Craig). The game used to be a sell out but then again the Falcons used to draw > 1500 fans every Friday night with full houses in the playoffs.

The crowds now are a fraction of the size ( 300?) but then again the whole setup of the league has changed and the Dogs are in town. People would rather go to the Dog games to see 16-19 year olds play with a shot at the NHL versus Junior B which is now mostly older Junior A castoffs playing getting in their last year of hockey.
I think there is some big changes coming to the Falcons. It's the last year of the Jack as far as I know.The 3 years will be up. After that were will they play. Can't see the Meridan Centre. Maybe the 4 pads (3 pads) off of St Paul st in Western Hill were the Badgers play.
Frank needs to get a full time coach or get back behind the bench.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

I think there is some big changes coming to the Falcons. It's the last year of the Jack as far as I know.The 3 years will be up. After that were will they play. Can't see the Meridan Centre. Maybe the 4 pads (3 pads) off of St Paul st in Western Hill were the Badgers play.
You are right Caledonia Fan. I agree that the Seymour-Hannah complex would be the best new home for the Falcons. It is a little off the beaten path though.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Beehive wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

You are right Caledonia Fan. I agree that the Seymour-Hannah complex would be the best new home for the Falcons. It is a little off the beaten path though.
That might be a good assumption but there are no plans to close the Jack right now especially in light of the problems at Seymour Hannah. While the politicians like to talk about closing the Jack as a political move to offset the costs of the Meridian, they actually have or will have a shortage of ice surfaces.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:I think that once the season ends the Caledonia Corvairs should challenge the Trenton Golden Hawks to an exhibition game with all proceeds going to various charities. This would gauge just how good this Corvair team is and put an end to a lot of trash talk on this board. I remember this same situation occurred in the early 90's when the unbeaten Junior B Barrie Colts played a two-game exhibition with the Wexford Raiders of the old Metro Tier 2 Junior Hockey league. Both games were very tightly contested with the Raiders winning each contest by a single goal. Just a thought!
There's a thread on the OJHL forum asking their fans what they think about it. The thread's a few months old. The OP thinks Caledonia might win...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The winner can play the London Knights... With limited contact.