Caledonia(1) vs Waterloo(4), Sutherland Cup Semifinals Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

three dog night

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Waterloo(4), Sutherland Cup Semifinals Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Post by three dog night »

Rocketgirl your posts make me sick, I'm really not surprised that you had to bring up that rule change again I mean you had to find some way of bashing the corvairs because you really wouldn't know good hockey if it was right in front of you... Can't blame you though for having to watch that god awful team in Strathroy year after year. But you're right about one thing. You're not wanted or welcome in the HCCC.

For a team that does not draw that well can you afford to turn people away everyone has an opioion right or wrong
Cali vairs!

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Waterloo(4), Sutherland Cup Semifinals Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Post by Cali vairs! »

Three dog night. Maybe you should start worrying about what's on the ice and not in the stands. Maybe that will help your team get closer to winning
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Slegers has been playing forward for Waterloo since November. He's not a Dman.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

three dog night wrote:Rocketgirl your posts make me sick, I'm really not surprised that you had to bring up that rule change again I mean you had to find some way of bashing the corvairs because you really wouldn't know good hockey if it was right in front of you... Can't blame you though for having to watch that god awful team in Strathroy year after year. But you're right about one thing. You're not wanted or welcome in the HCCC.

For a team that does not draw that well can you afford to turn people away everyone has an opioion right or wrong

Lol she doesn't pay to get in anyway. If she did I'd pay the 10 bucks just to not have her there. She's an embarrassment to the GOJHL and I don't know why they even let here write for the magazine.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That's just your opinion, Chuck doesn't feel the same way. But since you don't want me there Sunny, I'll go watch some terrible hockey between Stratford and London.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

RG, we all know that the real Sutherland Cup champions will be crowned when Stratford and London sort themselves out. Gonna be a great series between two evenly matched, well managed, well coached teams who made their way into the final four through the front door and without the stink of controversy.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

ILuvHackey wrote:Slegers has been playing forward for Waterloo since November. He's not a Dman.
He was signed as a Dman but he's a lot better as a forward

It's also nice reading a post on this thread that isn't complaining about Caledonia's roster
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Jesus some of you people make me sick... That western thing is absolutely outrageous lol... Hell even some of our own Caledonia posters don't have a clue (still appreciate the backing). Qwerty / Rocketgirl, you both literally have 0 clue about the game of hockey (it's played on the ice, 20 year olds or 16 year olds ITS JUNIOR HOCKEY 16-21).. Stop analyzing useless information. So they made a new rule about 20 year olds... BIG DEAL, I guarantee we (the Caledonia Corvairs) will still have a contender of a team next year.

Best of luck to the siskins, really like and respect the organization!

Brendan Painter
EQ manager Caledonia Corvairs
CIBauman55

Post by CIBauman55 »

Thanks Payner for taking a stand for our boys. Sick of the jealousy of the Corvairs.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

jfvoll wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:Slegers has been playing forward for Waterloo since November. He's not a Dman.
He was signed as a Dman but he's a lot better as a forward

It's also nice reading a post on this thread that isn't complaining about Caledonia's roster
Be nice to read any post where theres no shots taken at people or teams. That doesnt happen on here though.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

three dog night wrote:Rocketgirl your posts make me sick, I'm really not surprised that you had to bring up that rule change again I mean you had to find some way of bashing the corvairs because you really wouldn't know good hockey if it was right in front of you... Can't blame you though for having to watch that god awful team in Strathroy year after year. But you're right about one thing. You're not wanted or welcome in the HCCC.

Three Dog Night didn't your son play for Simcoe Storm? I have a strong feeling as to who you are!! And correct me if I am wrong, Simcoe didn't have a great turnout either! I don't understand why the Caledonia fan base gets smashed! They are some really nice people and very committed. Had a chance to meet a few when I went to Falcon games and they don't go looking for fights, just their to watch good hockey! As for Waterloo they work hard, they beat Listowel( Who were suppose to be the dark knights) and Kitchener who was expected to win it all. Hard work beats talents when talent doesn't work hard enough!! Caledonia on point streak attendance keep moving up the ranks so numbers don't lie!
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

And if Rocket Girl if what you said about Chuck WIlliams taking a jab at the Corvairs attendance don't you find that odd? I really hope your buddy Chuck wouldn't be picking on other teams in this league because they should all be equal and not picked on due to success and non success!
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Jesus some of you people make me sick... That western thing is absolutely outrageous lol... Hell even some of our own Caledonia posters don't have a clue (still appreciate the backing). Qwerty / Rocketgirl, you both literally have 0 clue about the game of hockey (it's played on the ice, 20 year olds or 16 year olds ITS JUNIOR HOCKEY 16-21).. Stop analyzing useless information. So they made a new rule about 20 year olds... BIG DEAL, I guarantee we (the Caledonia Corvairs) will still have a contender of a team next year.

Brendan Painter
For everybody out there that rips the corvairs it's a joke it really is I can guarantee you ask any kid in the league if there GM called them they would be there in a heart beat... There a first class organization from top to bottom. They treat there players like there in the show. If you think next year they won't make a run at the suthie bc of this new rule coming in then give your head a shake here ppl. They will go out and get who ever they want and those kids will go there. In some ways they have put this league on the map not saying it never was but more ppl are talking about it now hell a couple years ago or last year they were mentioned in sportsnet were they not? Don't quote me on that.... They move players along to there's no doubt about that I'm not going to sit here and list them all but they do weather or not there 20 or 16 a lot of players have come threw there CIS major Jr pro and Europe. I am in now way associated with the team just a guy who loves hockey. For all you ppl coming on here running your mouth about them admit it your jealous of what they do and will continue to do. To the owner the GM the coaches and everybody affiliated with the corvairs congrats on such an amazing program you guys run I look forward to seeing more games when I can. If it wasn't for the this forum wouldn't be as fun to read either. Somebody else wrote on here a while ago other teams go out and get CHL players also but the corvairs no how to get the most out of there CHL guys it seems. By no means are the un beatable either but it's going to take one of these last 3 teams left to play 4 great hockey games against them that's for sure
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BillyTheKid wrote:
GojhlFan74 wrote:Jesus some of you people make me sick... That western thing is absolutely outrageous lol... Hell even some of our own Caledonia posters don't have a clue (still appreciate the backing). Qwerty / Rocketgirl, you both literally have 0 clue about the game of hockey (it's played on the ice, 20 year olds or 16 year olds ITS JUNIOR HOCKEY 16-21).. Stop analyzing useless information. So they made a new rule about 20 year olds... BIG DEAL, I guarantee we (the Caledonia Corvairs) will still have a contender of a team next year.

Brendan Painter
For everybody out there that rips the corvairs it's a joke it really is I can guarantee you ask any kid in the league if there GM called them they would be there in a heart beat... There a first class organization from top to bottom. They treat there players like there in the show. If you think next year they won't make a run at the suthie bc of this new rule coming in then give your head a shake here ppl. They will go out and get who ever they want and those kids will go there. In some ways they have put this league on the map not saying it never was but more ppl are talking about it now hell a couple years ago or last year they were mentioned in sportsnet were they not? Don't quote me on that.... They move players along to there's no doubt about that I'm not going to sit here and list them all but they do weather or not there 20 or 16 a lot of players have come threw there CIS major Jr pro and Europe. I am in now way associated with the team just a guy who loves hockey. For all you ppl coming on here running your mouth about them admit it your jealous of what they do and will continue to do. To the owner the GM the coaches and everybody affiliated with the corvairs congrats on such an amazing program you guys run I look forward to seeing more games when I can. If it wasn't for the this forum wouldn't be as fun to read either. Somebody else wrote on here a while ago other teams go out and get CHL players also but the corvairs no how to get the most out of there CHL guys it seems. By no means are the un beatable either but it's going to take one of these last 3 teams left to play 4 great hockey games against them that's for sure

I don't think the issue here is that the Corvairs are not a great team (they are) or that they have a poor organization ( which they don't) or that under the new rules that they won't be successful ( which they will). The biggest issue is that they have tremendous resources to attract the best talent that other teams don't have. They have used this to their advantage since coming to Caledonia and have maximized that advantage to the full effect this year putting together a powerhouse that most teams cannot compete with. Even with the rule changes Caledonia will be great next year as well as they can offer the best players more than other teams can. This is not the first time this has been done before as Niagara Falls had similar resources to offer back in the mid 90's when they almost won three straight. Elmira managed to squeeze out a cup in the middle but lo and behold their best player happened to land in Niagara Falls the next year. Surprise surprise !
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:

Brendan Painter
Very well written.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:

Brendan Painter

I don't think the issue here is that the Corvairs are not a great team (they are) or that they have a poor organization ( which they don't) or that under the new rules that they won't be successful ( which they will). The biggest issue is that they have tremendous resources to attract the best talent that other teams don't have. They have used this to their advantage since coming to Caledonia and have maximized that advantage to the full effect this year putting together a powerhouse that most teams cannot compete with. Even with the rule changes Caledonia will be great next year as well as they can offer the best players more than other teams can. This is not the first time this has been done before as Niagara Falls had similar resources to offer back in the mid 90's when they almost won three straight. Elmira managed to squeeze out a cup in the middle but lo and behold their best player happened to land in Niagara Falls the next year. Surprise surprise !
Niagara Falls still attracts great players. They're known as the Vegas of Canada. That catches teens attention. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6 ... ht-suthie/

It's down to eight 20 year olds. What a joke this is becoming for the league.
Can't believe Siskins coach saying
" We should be able to carry as many 16-year-olds as we want providing they can play."
He should know better, and that will never happen.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The officiating in this game was gawd awful.

Waterloo gets away with interference on Pawley & Fitzmorris all night long... As soon as a stick takes down a Waterloo player the OHA's finest's arm's go straight up!
:smt009 :smt023

B.Frede & P.Rawn.... You two were disgusting tonight. How hard is it to call a good, even game? When you see a trip or interference that negates a scoring chance, make the call!!! It seams that only happened when the home team did the above tonight. Waterloo was called for a few infractions here and there. But that doesn't make calling a tilted game alright! :oops:

Anyone who watched that game and say's both teams were officiated evenly needs their eye's examined. There were two different sets of calls. Caledonia wasn't allowed to touch a Waterloo kid without the puck being there. But Waterloo wasn't held to that same standard, not even close.

Something's up here with the league, and it stinks to high heaven. We now have a commissioner making money that's payed by the leagues members, making rules that target specific teams. And either he's instructing these refs to call the games this way, or someone down at the OHA is responsible for this.

Because when the same duo of refs call a terrible, disgraceful game one night, then look like role models the next night... It's easy to see that something isn't right here. And people complaining about me bringing this subject up only makes me wonder if someone down there at the league is trying to have me muzzled.
:lol:

Maybe the OJHL will give this league the time of day if the league rids itself of this very big problem. Fans of Jr.C to the ECHL are tuning in for this series. They can see plain as day what's going on. It would be nice if a league official would come on here anonymously and say what's really going on here. :smt031 :smt030
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia wins shootout, up 2-0

M.Hore scored at 14:20 of the 3rd period to give the Caledonia Corvairs a 6-5 win over Waterloo, and a 2-0 series lead in the best of seven, Sutherland Cup Semifinal series.

Hore also picked up an assist, while scoring champion Corey Pawley was held to a pair of assists. Jake Brown & M.Fitzmorris led Caledonia with 2 goals & an assist each, while Blake Luscombe had another big night with 3 assists. D.Volpe scored Caledonia's other goal. It was his first game back from a two game suspension. There was some debate as to who would sit, Graham or Punkari... Turns out it was neither. Both would've been hard to sit, so they sat D, Bianchi instead.(who's also played great)

A.Lane paced Waterloo with 4 assists, C.Jean had a 3 point game.(1 goal, 2 assists) O.Kipke & N.Schnarr each had a goal & assist, while A.Bentley rounded out the scoring for Waterloo.

I thought Waterloo played a great game tonight. But Caledonia isn't rolling along at 100%. A few players still showing rust from long injuries, and still missing the league's most offensive defensemen. I think they're just playing well enough to win in this series. They turn it up and down when needed. That's a very smart strategy as the winner of the Stratford vs London series will likely be tired and banged up pretty bad. This way Caledonia can save their legs a bit and go all out in the finals. That's what you get with a team that features the best coach & GM in the GOJHL. :)

Waterloo played really well in the 3rd period, they scored back to back goals to erase a two goal deficit. Waterloo also outshot Caledonia 36-27. So much for Caledonia building this so-called untouchable hockey team. Boy do some look silly. :wink: :smt038 :smt039 :smt033

Also a shout out to C.Bauman! The kid played great, as he has all season. I really liked the way he jumped to his goalies defense when the Waterloo player was jabbing at him after the whistle. The kid's a total team player, great job!
Same to the rest of the boys, great job, 14-0!!! :D 8) :smt023 :smt051
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

It looked like Waterloo gave Caledonia fits tonight hey Port Hockey you are not calling the refs out to give Waterloo a victory like the refs did a couple seasons ago against the Raptors.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Nothing bad to say about Waterloo, they played above expectations but the Corvairs have under achieved in their last two games. Bullard was going absolutely nuts because of the players selfish play last night. Maybe all of the former OHL'ers are reading how good you all think they are and that they don't really have to work hard to beat Waterloo. The exception to this is Fitzmorris. In my mind he is the best player on the team, this kid never stops working. .Are we now beginning to see how good Sinclair really is now that he's getting more than 15 to 20 shots a game ??

Don't blame the refs, as bad as they were last night, blame the guys wearing the white and blue for not playing up to trheir potential. By the way, they still won 6-5 and are still undeafeated. :) :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Nothing bad to say about Waterloo, they played above expectations but the Corvairs have under achieved in their last two games. Bullard was going absolutely nuts because of the players selfish play last night. Maybe all of the former OHL'ers are reading how good you all think they are and that they don't really have to work hard to beat Waterloo. The exception to this is Fitzmorris. In my mind he is the best player on the team, this kid never stops working. .Are we now beginning to see how good Sinclair really is now that he's getting more than 15 to 20 shots a game ??

Don't blame the refs, as bad as they were last night, blame the guys wearing the white and blue for not playing up to trheir potential. By the way, they still won 6-5 and are still undeafeated. :) :)
Good post of the game. Your right selfish is a good word. Waterloo played great. Caledonia got to start getting production from there other lines.
So far they have been out worked. They have to put Bianchi back in on defense. But like you said they won 6-5 and are still undefeated.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I also believe that bianchi should he Put back on D. Punkari is more valuable at forward. But idk who to take out him or graham. Anybody else think that zottl should be sat. All playoffs he's been trying his best to let us lose a damn game. Absolutely awful giveaways and then takes a penalty to get back into the play.

On the injury front. Ratch is looking to return next series. I heard it was a seperated shoulder but don't quote me on it. Austin brown is also likely done for the season. His concussion just won't seem to go away.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:I also believe that bianchi should he Put back on D. Punkari is more valuable at forward. But idk who to take out him or graham. Anybody else think that zottl should be sat. All playoffs he's been trying his best to let us lose a damn game. Absolutely awful giveaways and then takes a penalty to get back into the play.

On the injury front. Ratch is looking to return next series. I heard it was a seperated shoulder but don't quote me on it. Austin brown is also likely done for the season. His concussion just won't seem to go away.
Zottl has had his moments out there. But he's looked good in some situations too. He looks to be battling the play at times, maybe he's playing with a nagging injury...?

Too bad about A.Brown, kid had a great season.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It looks like Caledonia is finally plying their style of hockey again, They have the league's top defensemen back in their lineup for the first time in these playoffs. No M.Graham, Davis Brown, or Todd Ratchford.

5-1 Caledonia in the 3rd period. Waterloo's still playing feisty out there, but they're wearing down. Caledonia just uses their depth and ability to cycle the puck too well.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea it was great. Austin must have felt really well this morning compared to when I talked to him last night. Hope he stays healthy. Both teams were really tired today. Neither team played their best hockey. Cali dominated the play though
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Cali vairs! wrote:I also believe that bianchi should he Put back on D. Punkari is more valuable at forward. But idk who to take out him or graham. Anybody else think that zottl should be sat. All playoffs he's been trying his best to let us lose a damn game. Absolutely awful giveaways and then takes a penalty to get back into the play.

Starting to think your facts are irrelevant :smt006 I thought Austin Brown was done...just shows you don't know much so how do we know the things your saying are true?? Seems your stirring the pot and starting rumours!!
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Hockeytalk21 I asked him last night. He told me he didn't think he would be ready for awhile. Didn't think awhile meant overnight. If that's the same definition for u then call it irrelevant.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Playing Saturday night at 7:30 and then Sunday at 1:30? You could tell. Both teams looks absolutely gassed. Was not the kind of hockey you expect at this time of year.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

ILuvHackey wrote:Playing Saturday night at 7:30 and then Sunday at 1:30? You could tell. Both teams looks absolutely gassed. Was not the kind of hockey you expect at this time of year.
It was a dull game to watch.