Caledonia(1) vs Waterloo(4), Sutherland Cup Semifinals Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

oldtymer

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Waterloo(4), Sutherland Cup Semifinals Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Post by oldtymer »

Caledonia up 3-0 , 15-0 overall.... Surprise surprise
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Waterloo(4), Sutherland Cup Semifinals Playoff Thread, & Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:Caledonia up 3-0 , 15-0 overall.... Surprise surprise
It's been a great run. Instead of making comments about it in a negative way, we should be giving them their dues.

They didn't go undefeated this season. They lost to a few teams, including Fort Erie. They were also in many one goal games in the playoffs. They've earned that record with relentless hard work.

Way to go boys! If you do somehow manage to go 20-0... I'm guessing it would be a league record. Anyone know past Cup winners playoff records?... Anyone ever go undefeated? :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Siskins face vertical climb, down 3-0 to Caledonia in all-Ontario semifinal

Waterloo loses 5-1 to Corvairs in Game 3; Game 4 goes Tuesday night

Waterloo Region Record
By Christine Rivet
WATERLOO — Much too much.

The Caledonia Corvairs have presented too much firepower, too much experience and too much facial hair for the Waterloo Siskins.

The full-bearded, two-time defending Sutherland Cup champs have been too much too handle for the fresh-faced Siskins in their all-Ontario Jr. B hockey semifinal series.

And following Caledonia's breezy 5-1 victory over the young Siskins on Sunday at the Waterloo Memorial Rec Complex, the veteran Corvairs can almost smell an unprecedented third consecutive Suthie.

The Corvairs, undefeated in 15 straight playoff games this season, can orchestrate a series sweep in this best-of-seven set with a victory over the Siskins on Tuesday night in Waterloo.

"Through the playoffs, we've been trying to keep ourselves in the groove, one game after the next," explained Conestogo native and Corvairs defenceman Chadd Bauman, 20. "We have to keep burying (goals) when we can.

"This is a tight group of guys, maybe the closest group I've been with. That's probably why we are doing so well."

Siskins coach, Todd Hoffman, bemoaned his club's uninspired effort on Sunday after posting a promising 6-5 loss to Caledonia the night before.

"We didn't seem to have any motivation whatsoever — right from the drop of the puck. I don't know what it was," said Hoffman after his side was outshot 42-23 Sunday.

"My goal is for our guys to compete every shift on the ice. I don't care if we are competing against a team of 20-year-old players. If you compete, win or lose, I'll be happy."

The visitors stormed to a 3-0 first-period lead before Conner Jean got the Siskins on the scoresheet with five minutes left in the frame.

Mitch Fitzmorris, Ryan Punkari and Tyler Hill scored for Caledonia in the first. Jordan Brown and Matt Hore added second-period markers.

Waterloo forward Connor Bodnar, of New Dundee, said his Siskins will not roll over.

"We are not done yet," Bodnar said. "You've always got to strive for more."

Tuesday's Game 4 is a 7:30 p.m. start at the Waterloo Rec Complex.

In Game 2 on Saturday night in Caledonia, Matthew Hore potted the winner with 5:40 left in the third as Caledonia skated to a 6-5 decision over Waterloo.

Jake Brown and Mitch Fitzmorris both collected a pair of goals and an assist for the winners. Blake Luscombe chipped in with three helpers.

For Waterloo, Andrew Lane recorded four assists. Conner Jean notched a goal and two assists. Nate Schnarr and Owen Kipke each had a goal and an assist.

In the other Sutherland Cup semifinal, the Stratford Cullitons rolled to a 3-1 victory over the London Nationals on Saturday night. Game 2 in that series was Sunday night.

crivet@therecord.com ;

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6 ... semifinal/
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like the dream season has come to an end. Congrats to Caledonia, and Waterloo... They had a remarkable run and should be a contender again next season. :)