Regular Season Overtime Format

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Regular Season Overtime Format

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Never heard to much talk this year on the new overtime format. The 5 min 4 on 4 and 5 min 3-3.
I never seen to many games go into overtime myself. Just wondering how some of the fans of teams like Strathroy and Guelph felt. They seem to played a lot of overtime games. The games I did see I liked it. Not a big fan of the shootout.
What made me think of this is this article on 3 on 3 in the NHL.

http://www.hamiltonnews.com/sports-stor ... shootouts/
RocketGirl

Re: Regular Season Overtime Format

Post by RocketGirl »

Anything is better than a shoot out. My team didn't fair too well when it came to 3-on-3, but I still like it better than a shoot out.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I like the new format sure makes things more exciting especially in the 3 on 3. While shootouts are fun to watch to they shouldn't decide a game.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

I think the league, being a development league, should adapt what the OHL uses
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I love the 3 on 3 format because you have to have a String team to be able to win those tight games and prevail. Only thing I didn't like was ties. I'm their to watch a hockey game and see a team win. I don't want to go to a game and it be a great game, than nobody wins. Very disappointing in my mind and it ruins the game. I they could take that out of it and maybe follow the NHL a little bit and have a shoot out if 4on4 or 3on3 can solve it. I know shootouts aren't the best way but it is a quick solution to ending the game other than having a longer OT that can go on forever
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I agree when the Falcons tied Welland earlier this season it felt weird been a while since ties were part of the game maybe they should start 3 and 3 in overtime.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

three dog night wrote:I agree when the Falcons tied Welland earlier this season it felt weird been a while since ties were part of the game maybe they should start 3 and 3 in overtime.
Have the whole 10 mins of O/T 3 on 3. Your right that should cut down on some of the ties, interesting.