A look ahead to next season, Direction teams are heading towards

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

A look ahead to next season, Direction teams are heading towards

Post by Port hockey1 »

Here's a look at each Golden Horseshoe team. I broke down who's gone due to age, and notable players that are eligible to return. I realize most teams will lose some of their eligible players to other leagues, but here's a general look.

Caledonia

Players gone due to age: (17) Forwards- C.Pawley, M.Fitzmorris, M.Hore, T.Hill, B.Luscombe, M.McCartney, D.Volpe, T.Seguin, M.Graham & D.Brown. Defensemen- J.Brown, C.Bauman, A.Brown, R.Moran, T.Ratchford & N.Zottl. Goalie- L.Conway

Notable returns: Forward- 40 goal scorer Jake Brown, Q.Maksimovich, R.Punkari, M.Rimac & B.Fletcher. Defensemen- J.Schaefer & J.Bianchi. All-Star goalie M.Sinclair is also eligible to return.

Outlook: Despite losing 17 players to age, the Corvairs look to be in great shape heading into next season. Half of this seasons team was made of first year Corvairs, so replacing those lost to graduation shouldn't be a big problem. Schaefer is likely gone to the OHL next season, so the Corvairs will be looking for 5 defensemen. With 5 solid forwards eligible to return, the Corvairs shouldn't have much of a problem finding several solid 18-20 year olds to help carry the load. If Sinclair comes back, they are already set in net. They will once again challenge for top spot next season.

St.Catharines

Players gone due to age: (10) Forwards- N.Dozzi, A.Postiglione, T.Jackson, J.Evans & T.Allen. Defensemen- B.Cercone, B.Kelly, C.Langan & J.Parker. Goalie- J.Horodziejczyk.

Notable returns: Forward- T.Hildebrandt, M.Webb, J.Webb, O.Green, R.D'Intino, T.Learn, N.Perlic & A.McMaster. Defensemen- J.Guest & J.Felker. Goalie C.Gray is also eligible to return.

Outlook: The Falcons have a very deep pool of forwards coming back, 8 of them to be exact. But they will really need to shore up their defense. Guest will be a top defensemen in this league next season, but after that... Felker's a top 4... But that's it. They will also be in the hunt for a #1 goalie. If they can rebuild their defense, they should challenge for top spot next season.

Ancaster

Players gone due to age: (3) Forwards- M.Mannella, M.Pollice & C.Nagy are the only players that are too old to return.

Notable returns: Leading scorer B.Hughes, O.Burnell, J.Hilton, L.Pozzobon, J.Pace & Z.Lawrence will be probably the best group of returning forwards in the Golden Horseshoe. With Defensemen M.Balinson, R.Knill, F.Gordeev, O.Norton, R.Webb & N.Gauvin all eligible to return, Ancaster probably has the best returning group of defensemen too. Both goalies can come back as well.(M.Calas, C.Ceci)

Outlook: Ancaster has a tremendous amount of talent eligible to return. It will be very interesting to see if anyone leaves for Jr.A. They should have a club capable of battling for top spot next season.

Niagara Falls

Players gone due to age: (7) Forwards- M.Marsden, Z.Lansfield & S.Grieve. Defensemen- S.Farquharson, M.Baldinelli, T.Ledyard & C.DiFonzo.

Notable returns: Forwards F.Pucci, T.Flack, P.Falivena, L.Laurin, A.Bottrell, P.Chadder & C.Edwardson. Defensemen- A.Barbeau & D.Hill. Both goalies are also eligible to return.(A.Dentico, T.Lauziere)

Outlook: Losing 2 of their top 3 forwards will hurt them. League most valuable defensemen S.Farquharson will be next to impossible to replace. Losing the other three leaves them with 4 openings on the back end. Niagara Falls is a team that counts on developing players, and getting their young kids back. I can't see them being any better than 5th-6th next season.

Fort Erie

Players gone due to age: (4) Forwards- Leading scorer A.Passero, A.Hurren & T.Drescher. Defensemen- P.Sivilotti.

Notable returns: Forwards- H.Garlent, B.Evans, D.Singer, D.Miskolczi, C.Petawabano, C.Schmalz, M.Passero & C.Cameron. Defensemen- B.Martin, D.Kielb, T.Henley & G.Jennings. Both goalies are also back.(B.Lachance, R.Daniels)

Outlook: Fort Erie is in its best shape in well over 10 years. It's great to see their future so bright. Youngsters B.Evans, D.Singer, D.Kielb & B.Lachance are going to be dynamite. H.Garlent will give them that natural scoring veteran they'll need. I've heard several more good young players are expected next season, so gotta figure Fort Erie finishes 4th at the lowest next season.

Thorold

Players gone due to age: (6) Forwards- A.Merante, F.Plamondon, R.Eberhart & N.Dosa. Defensemen- G.Christmas & Q.Geddes.

Notable returns: Forwards- A.Trublin, B.D'Agostino, A.Nunes, C.Davis, N.Sacco & C.Farrel. Defensemen- D.D'Agostino, J.Lloyd, G.Roubos, P.Swick, D.Pugliese & Z.Stamates. Both goalies are also back.(F.Kirk, J.Astorino)

Outlook: Thorold has two great goalies back, and a very deep defense. If most of the above return, and Thorold adds a bit of offense... They could be a legit 4th-6th place team next season.

Welland

Players gone due to age: (6) Forwards- J.Fitzgerald, T.Stranges, A.Paul, C.Hamilton & C.Aitken. Defensemen A.Barron is the only defender ineligible to return.

Notable returns: Forwards- M.Martin, B.Crowder, J.Shaw, B.Johnson, S.Farano, C.Maurice, C.Ambrosio & M.Cipriano. Defensemen- N.MacDuff, N.Boehmer, D.Maye, P.Desjardins, D.Low & M.Murphy. Both goalies are back.(C.Janzen, B.McCorriston)

Outlook: Welland lost their only two reliable scorers to age, so they'll really need the returning group to step up. I'm sure they'll find a few good forwards, but they won't be ready to produce right away. So offense will likely be a problem for Welland once again. They do have a very good group of defensemen coming back though. Both goalies are capable number 1's. I see Janzen being dealt to St.Catharines in a blockbuster in the off-season... But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think this team is hard to judge at this point... But anywhere from 6th- 8th seems realistic for next season.

Buffalo

Back after a two year absence from the league. I have no idea of what to expect from them this upcoming season, only that they'll be better than Pelham... They might even make it up to 7th. But I can't see them doing any better after not icing a team for two years.

Pelham

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: They'll finish last... Out of the entire league! That's just about it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hope everyone enjoyed. :) :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLinsider

Re: A look ahead to next season, Direction teams are heading towards

Post by GOJHLinsider »

I don't think Caledonia will be as powerful as this past year due to the rule changes regarding 20year olds.

Falcons are losing a lot of guys that were considered the heart of that franchise for several years (Kelly, Jackson,Cercone, even Evans was an engine for them) They need to shore up defence and find scorers, but Girhny seems to find players all the time.

Ancaster could be very good if everyone returns. Could push Caledonia.

Niagara Falls is losing 5 of their their D, as Grieve is a defenceman. If they don't find some good D they could be in trouble.

Fort Erie is young and talented, should be interesting to see how they develop. Will be a difference maker of Evans/singer return or not.

Thorold is intriguing, but they always seem to lack that top end player to put them over the edge.

Welland is solid defensively but can't rely on defence all game. Need players who can score.

Pelham is a joke.
HockeyTalk21

Re: A look ahead to next season, Direction teams are heading towards

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Here's a look at each Golden Horseshoe team. I broke down who's gone due to age, and notable players that are eligible to return. I realize most teams will lose some of their eligible players to other leagues, but here's a general look.

Caledonia

Players gone due to age: (17) Forwards- C.Pawley, M.Fitzmorris, M.Hore, T.Hill, B.Luscombe, M.McCartney, D.Volpe, T.Seguin, M.Graham & D.Brown. Defensemen- J.Brown, C.Bauman, A.Brown, R.Moran, T.Ratchford & N.Zottl. Goalie- L.Conway

Notable returns: Forward- 40 goal scorer Jake Brown, Q.Maksimovich, R.Punkari, M.Rimac & B.Fletcher. Defensemen- J.Schaefer & J.Bianchi. All-Star goalie M.Sinclair is also eligible to return.

Outlook: Despite losing 17 players to age, the Corvairs look to be in great shape heading into next season. Half of this seasons team was made of first year Corvairs, so replacing those lost to graduation shouldn't be a big problem. Schaefer is likely gone to the OHL next season, so the Corvairs will be looking for 5 defensemen. With 5 solid forwards eligible to return, the Corvairs shouldn't have much of a problem finding several solid 18-20 year olds to help carry the load. If Sinclair comes back, they are already set in net. They will once again challenge for top spot next season.

St.Catharines

Players gone due to age: (10) Forwards- N.Dozzi, A.Postiglione, T.Jackson, J.Evans & T.Allen. Defensemen- B.Cercone, B.Kelly, C.Langan & J.Parker. Goalie- J.Horodziejczyk.

Notable returns: Forward- T.Hildebrandt, M.Webb, J.Webb, O.Green, R.D'Intino, T.Learn, N.Perlic & A.McMaster. Defensemen- J.Guest & J.Felker. Goalie C.Gray is also eligible to return.

Outlook: The Falcons have a very deep pool of forwards coming back, 8 of them to be exact. But they will really need to shore up their defense. Guest will be a top defensemen in this league next season, but after that... Felker's a top 4... But that's it. They will also be in the hunt for a #1 goalie. If they can rebuild their defense, they should challenge for top spot next season.

Ancaster

Players gone due to age: (3) Forwards- M.Mannella, M.Pollice & C.Nagy are the only players that are too old to return.

Notable returns: Leading scorer B.Hughes, O.Burnell, J.Hilton, L.Pozzobon, J.Pace & Z.Lawrence will be probably the best group of returning forwards in the Golden Horseshoe. With Defensemen M.Balinson, R.Knill, F.Gordeev, O.Norton, R.Webb & N.Gauvin all eligible to return, Ancaster probably has the best returning group of defensemen too. Both goalies can come back as well.(M.Calas, C.Ceci)

Outlook: Ancaster has a tremendous amount of talent eligible to return. It will be very interesting to see if anyone leaves for Jr.A. They should have a club capable of battling for top spot next season.

Niagara Falls

Players gone due to age: (7) Forwards- M.Marsden, Z.Lansfield & S.Grieve. Defensemen- S.Farquharson, M.Baldinelli, T.Ledyard & C.DiFonzo.

Notable returns: Forwards F.Pucci, T.Flack, P.Falivena, L.Laurin, A.Bottrell, P.Chadder & C.Edwardson. Defensemen- A.Barbeau & D.Hill. Both goalies are also eligible to return.(A.Dentico, T.Lauziere)

Outlook: Losing 2 of their top 3 forwards will hurt them. League most valuable defensemen S.Farquharson will be next to impossible to replace. Losing the other three leaves them with 4 openings on the back end. Niagara Falls is a team that counts on developing players, and getting their young kids back. I can't see them being any better than 5th-6th next season.

Fort Erie

Players gone due to age: (4) Forwards- Leading scorer A.Passero, A.Hurren & T.Drescher. Defensemen- P.Sivilotti.

Notable returns: Forwards- H.Garlent, B.Evans, D.Singer, D.Miskolczi, C.Petawabano, C.Schmalz, M.Passero & C.Cameron. Defensemen- B.Martin, D.Kielb, T.Henley & G.Jennings. Both goalies are also back.(B.Lachance, R.Daniels)

Outlook: Fort Erie is in its best shape in well over 10 years. It's great to see their future so bright. Youngsters B.Evans, D.Singer, D.Kielb & B.Lachance are going to be dynamite. H.Garlent will give them that natural scoring veteran they'll need. I've heard several more good young players are expected next season, so gotta figure Fort Erie finishes 4th at the lowest next season.

Thorold

Players gone due to age: (6) Forwards- A.Merante, F.Plamondon, R.Eberhart & N.Dosa. Defensemen- G.Christmas & Q.Geddes.

Notable returns: Forwards- A.Trublin, B.D'Agostino, A.Nunes, C.Davis, N.Sacco & C.Farrel. Defensemen- D.D'Agostino, J.Lloyd, G.Roubos, P.Swick, D.Pugliese & Z.Stamates. Both goalies are also back.(F.Kirk, J.Astorino)

Outlook: Thorold has two great goalies back, and a very deep defense. If most of the above return, and Thorold adds a bit of offense... They could be a legit 4th-6th place team next season.

Welland

Players gone due to age: (6) Forwards- J.Fitzgerald, T.Stranges, A.Paul, C.Hamilton & C.Aitken. Defensemen A.Barron is the only defender ineligible to return.

Notable returns: Forwards- M.Martin, B.Crowder, J.Shaw, B.Johnson, S.Farano, C.Maurice, C.Ambrosio & M.Cipriano. Defensemen- N.MacDuff, N.Boehmer, D.Maye, P.Desjardins, D.Low & M.Murphy. Both goalies are back.(C.Janzen, B.McCorriston)

Outlook: Welland lost their only two reliable scorers to age, so they'll really need the returning group to step up. I'm sure they'll find a few good forwards, but they won't be ready to produce right away. So offense will likely be a problem for Welland once again. They do have a very good group of defensemen coming back though. Both goalies are capable number 1's. I see Janzen being dealt to St.Catharines in a blockbuster in the off-season... But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think this team is hard to judge at this point... But anywhere from 6th- 8th seems realistic for next season.

Buffalo

Back after a two year absence from the league. I have no idea of what to expect from them this upcoming season, only that they'll be better than Pelham... They might even make it up to 7th. But I can't see them doing any better after not icing a team for two years.

Pelham

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: They'll finish last... Out of the entire league! That's just about it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hope everyone enjoyed. :) :smt006
I think the Corvairs will be fine, when you enjoy the success they've had your only going to attract top players from Midget, Jr.C, Jr.B, Jr.A and even the GMHL. I think the Corvairs management will ice another solid team. St.Catharines has a good core returning but need to bring in a few guys who can be top players! Ancaster will likely get a few bulldog prospects so that helps ! Niagara should be okay pending who they grab in off season. Fort Erie will lose a few key prospects but never know! Thorold has a top goalie but that's it. I agree with Welland needing a scorer. Pelham coach has some connections so you never know!! Buffalo will be interesting..