Caledonia Corvairs Win 3rd Straight Golden Horseshoe Championship!

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia Corvairs Win 3rd Straight Golden Horseshoe Championship!

Post by Port hockey1 »

Congrats to the Caledonia Corvairs on capturing their 3rd straight league title. :D :smt023 :smt026 :smt028 :smt033 :smt029

A perfect 12-0! Despite what the haters say, this didn't come easy. Many nights they were forced to defeat both their opponent, and the officials. They played with great discipline too. Well done boys!

Take some time to celebrate and rest, then it's off to play the real hockey! :smt004

Go Corvairs, Set GOJHL History!!! :-D :smt020 :smt068 :smt071 :smt051 :smt109
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
three dog night

Re: Caledonia Corvairs Win 3rd Straight Golden Horseshoe Championship!

Post by three dog night »

Congrats to Caledonia on their third championship . I thought the Falcons might have stolen a game or two should have won last Friday by all accounts.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:Congrats to the Caledonia Corvairs on capturing their 3rd straight league title. :D :smt023 :smt026 :smt028 :smt033 :smt029

A perfect 12-0! Despite what the haters say, this didn't come easy. Many nights they were forced to defeat both their opponent, and the officials. They played with great discipline too. Well done boys!

Take some time to celebrate and rest, then it's off to play the real hockey! :smt004

12-0 and it wasn't easy ... really ? How could it have been easier

Pawley and Fitzmorris combined scored more (25) than they allowed their opponents (19) in the playoffs

This was a foregone conclusion from the start of the year when they loaded up. The regular season and playoffs were mere formalities. I think the GOJHL trophy might have been engraved back in October to save time

Nonetheless congratulations to Caledonia. While I dislike how they did it, they won it fair and square under the current rules. Good luck the rest of the way
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

oldtymer wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Congrats to the Caledonia Corvairs on capturing their 3rd straight league title. :D :smt023 :smt026 :smt028 :smt033 :smt029

Pawley and Fitzmorris combined scored more (25) than they allowed their opponents (19) in the playoffs

This was a foregone conclusion from the start of the year when they loaded up. The regular season and playoffs were mere formalities. I think the GOJHL trophy might have been engraved back in October to save time

Nonetheless congratulations to Caledonia. While I dislike how they did it, they won it fair and square under the current rules. Good luck the rest of the way
Have to see how the round-robin plays out. If these games get out of hand there won't be much use watching the final.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Beehive wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

Have to see how the round-robin plays out. If these games get out of hand there won't be much use watching the final.
Are you talking JR-C or JR-B
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I was referring to the Sutherland Cup final.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

We hope to be watching history here in Caledonia, could care less if you or others are not interested. Well done Corvairs, keep up the great effort!!
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Vairs61 wrote:We hope to be watching history here in Caledonia, could care less if you or others are not interested. Well done Corvairs, keep up the great effort!!
Nice comment Vairs61. I"ll try not to lose too much sleep over it!
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

First off stop crying about reffs, you act like caledonia are inocent of anything that happens. Second, what do you mean about "off to play some real hockey" hope you're not disrespecting the rest of the Golden horseshoe.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:

I watched every game of the last two rounds, nothing came easy. The finals could've easily been 2-1 for the Falcons after game 3. Yes Caledonia is built to win, but they still have to play the games, and they weren't as easily won as some expected them to be.

To those who think they'll sweep through the next two rounds... You will be in for an awakening... Because this team can be defeated. As a longtime fan of this league, I can see how to defeat them. It will take an effort similar to what Leamington is capable of giving every night.

Leamington likely won't beat them in the series, but they'll take a few games. I don't know what people expect me to say here... I like Caledonia, obviously I'm going to support them on here. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

There will be some great, close hockey games. Trust me, Caledonia's being scouted heavily... Their opponents will give them a good run for their money.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

gojhlrules wrote:

First off stop crying about reffs, you act like caledonia are inocent of anything that happens. Second, what do you mean about "off to play some real hockey" hope you're not disrespecting the rest of the Golden horseshoe.
When I have a problem with the refs I have every right to say so. It isn't the refs I'm upset with, it's the league telling these guys how to call these games. That much is easy to see when you compare the game a few guys called and compare it to their regular season track-records.

No not disrespecting the Golden Horseshoe. Anyone who makes it out of our league gets to go play the real hockey, in my opinion. The divisional playoffs are great, but I think we all look forward to the league finals every year. Those games are a lot more intense. No disrespect to any divisions was meant by that post. :)