Officials ruining Finals!!!

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Officials ruining Finals!!!

Post by Port hockey1 »

Game 2 was butchered, now tonight there's a good solid hit, the Falcons start a big brawl... And Volpe ends up with a 5 minute head-check major!

Where does the league find these clowns? People are paying to see the teams battle things out, not the officials call 5 minute majors that shouldn't be called!!!

Wake up GOJHL! Chuck Williams, how about a level playing field! What is this guy getting paid for?

This series is going to get very violent, nobody to blame but the officials! :smt021 :smt030 :smt031 :smt078

And if you don't like this thread, don't read it. Thanks. :D
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Officials ruining Finals!!!

Post by Port hockey1 »

These DONKEY'S are unbelievable!!!

These clowns are manipulating this game! Every time the Falcons start something, there's no calls. When it's the Corvairs they end up short-handed.

And some of the calls make absolutely no sense!!!

The first game was called great. Games 2 and 3 have been rigged!

The GOJHL has ZERO integrity for the game. Disgusting!!!
:smt023 :smt076 :smt097 :smt100 :smt103 :smt104
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I would like to know why Langdon didn't get a 5 minute major???? He dumped M.Hore from behind into the boards. Hore was laying on the ice in pain for a good 5 minutes... They call 2 minutes for hitting from behind.

How's that not a major??? This is asinine! There's an agenda out there, that's for sure. This league is a joke. These two donkey's that are dressed as zebras shouldn't be calling these games.

This is beyond embarrassing!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

You are right about the two clowns tonight but calling Langon's hit on Hore a major is kind of stretching it. Hore has been folding like a cheap suit every time he gets hit hard all year. I think the refs are on to him just as they are on to Evans. :smt064
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

If it was rigged the Corvairs will be losing the series
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Losing the series? Nah the refs have been calling penalties out of their A**es all series long. Corvairs find ways to win. That's what a good. Team does. Most teams can keep up with us for 1 or 2 periods. Difference is in the third. That's where it shows what team has more depth. Even bolibruck tried his best to beat the vairs in Niagra falls this year and couldn't do it.
refquestions

Post by refquestions »

Both officials on the ice last night are Level 6 Hockey Canada Officials. Those two represented 2 out of only 70 in the COUNTRY. They were more than likely, at that level, supervised by a Level 6 Hockey Canada Official as assigned by the OHA office. Below is an outline of what it takes to be a Level 6 official, also with a link outlining what it takes to achieve the 5 subsequent levels before that. Whether you agree with their calls on not ... from the stands ... the calls and the game was managed by the highest caliber of Hockey Canada Officials. You will see both of these two in the Sutherland finals... if they don't get selected for a National Championship somewhere.

The calls on the ice are dictated by the actions of the players and not the imagination of the officials or personal/OHA agenda.

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/hockey-canada ... _file6.pdf

Level VI
Registration/
Certification
Branch nominations are submitted to the Hockey Canada National Office and are reviewed by an established selection committee
Must be fully certified at Level V (including fitness tests) and referee one year at that level
Must attend and participate in all sessions of a Level VI clinic
Must obtain a minimum of 90% on a written national examination
Must pass a practical on-ice evaluation, performed by a national supervisor
Must complete a written assignment as signed by the Hockey Canada Referee-in-Chief

Level VI clinics are held based on national need for Level VIs. The Hockey Canada Manager, Officiating is responsible for the organization of the site and program, establishing criteria and review of the candidates qualifications Minimum of four (4) days of instruction Attempts are made to stage the clinic in conjunction with a major training program or early in the season, requesting cooperation from local leagues so officials are able to work scrimmages or games
Note
1. All officials reaching Level VI are
required to pass an annual written national
examination and fitness test to qualify for Inter-Branch, National and
International assignments
2. There are over 70 Level VI officials registered annually.
Hattrick73

Post by Hattrick73 »

REFQUESTIONS
I get these guys are deemed to be top officials, they have put in their 'miles' and time. So why do they make such terrible calls and are so inconsistent? In the Caledonia-St. Catharines series, how can game 1 be so well managed and game 3 not be if the game 3 guys are the elite level referees? I get it that it was 2 diff sets of officials, but really?
I get the Caledonia fans are complaining but am surprised there hasnt been more St kitts fans bithcin about it cuz its worked both ways for the most part in game 2 and 3. Like i said in my other post....we all just hope for a well called game 4 so we can all see some good hockey and not waste time on bitching about the officiating :lol:
refquestions

Post by refquestions »

Hattrick73
I will just touch on some aspects of officiating and not compare officiating crews or games.

Consistency is a very big challenge for any official at any level especially the higher caliber leagues. However there was a very large misconception when the new penalty standard came out a while ago and that was that a penalty is a penalty is a penalty regardless of score, time of game or circumstances. Everyone, even officials perceived this as black and white and getting rid of the grey area officials call game management. I can tell you from experience that game management, with the new standard in place is even more prevalent and challenging in today's game. The new standard made the hockey even faster and therefore harder to officiate in the "black and white" area making the grey area even large and harder to decipher. You can even see this migration away from the "black and white" standard in the NHL and can see more and more game management calls.

So as to comment on what you perceive to be brutal calls... it may have been a call at the precise moment to control one aspect or even future aspects of the game. From a fan point of view... more often than not a bias point of view, calls may seem brutal and unfair and didn't get called the same 2 minutes before but the call may have been for more of a purpose unknown to a fan in the stands.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like a lot of excuses to me. There's no excuse for last night's game. They completely butchered it.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

Falcons fans don't have to complain, the OP does enough bitching about it for both sides 8)

Besides, not a thing we can do about it. I seriously doubt that changes will be made from posts on a discussion board.

BTW, port as far as Volpe's being the scapegoat in a brawl started by the Falcons...the kid is out and so is Volpe for the next 2 games. Oh yeah he is pure as the driven snow. :roll:
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

You're right cc1. Volpe did the same thing in the last game against niagara. Came running into a scrum...Barbeau fed him a couple of rights. He was the aggressor and got away with a 2 min penalty. So no matter what you perceive port, refs aren't out to get caledonia
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

CC1 wrote:Falcons fans don't have to complain, the OP does enough bitching about it for both sides 8)

Besides, not a thing we can do about it. I seriously doubt that changes will be made from posts on a discussion board.

BTW, port as far as Volpe's being the scapegoat in a brawl started by the Falcons...the kid is out and so is Volpe for the next 2 games. Oh yeah he is pure as the driven snow. :roll:
Funny how no call was made until the brawl started. If the brawl didn't happen, there's no call.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

No matter the call you can kill of the penalties the refs do not score the goals too.