Conference Finals: Caledonia(1) vs St.Catharines(2), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

bluenose

Re: Conference Finals: Caledonia(1) vs St.Catharines(2), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Post by bluenose »

sweep.png
sweep.png (119.23 KiB) Viewed 22433 times
how sweep it will be
Port hockey1

Re: Conference Finals: Caledonia(1) vs St.Catharines(2), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like this series is over. 3-1 Caledonia after the 2nd period. Caledonia is heavily out-shooting them. The advantages some thought the Falcons would have in their home rink haven't been a factor. Caledonia adjusted in the 3rd period of game 2, and they haven't looked back. I didn't think the Falcons rink would pose any big challenges, Caledonia's too deep for that.

At times the Falcons are just going through the motions, realizing that their season is about to come to an end. But then there's time's where they are giving it everything they have out there. Wes Wolfe has done a fantastic job keeping his club motivated. He had a nice little speech after game 3. Was a great team player when he played for the Falcons too.

Evans has been ejected for abuse of officials. I'm going to go tune into the Leamington at London game, late start tonight. :)
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Tuned in for the 3rd period, Falcons season is over, 4-1 is the final.

As good of a goalie as the Falcons goalie is... He's also quite the drama-queen. :lol: I don't know how he manages to make those saves without suffering a career ending injury... Every time a Caledonia jersey so much as brushes him, he drops and lays on the ice like he was just run over by an 18 wheeler. :roll: :P :lol:

The kid has zero sportsmanship, other than that great series. :smt003 :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Sweep ... surprise surprise
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote:Tuned in for the 3rd period, Falcons season is over, 4-1 is the final.

As good of a goalie as the Falcons goalie is... He's also quite the drama-queen. :lol: I don't know how he manages to make those saves without suffering a career ending injury... Every time a Caledonia jersey so much as brushes him, he drops and lays on the ice like he was just run over by an 18 wheeler. :roll: :P :lol:

Are you really a Corvairs fan or do you just hate St Catharines that much ? Seriously .. zero sportmanship ... really ?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

oldtymer wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Tuned in for the 3rd period, Falcons season is over, 4-1 is the final.

Are you really a Corvairs fan or do you just hate St Catharines that much ? Seriously .. zero sportmanship ... really ?
Jumped on the Caledonia bandwagon like halfway through the season if that. Annoying I know.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

oldtymer wrote:

The kid played dead in game 2 as well. He acted like his season was over, as soon as Caledonia got the 5 minute major he was fine!

Then he's barely touched tonight and does it again, sorry... But there's no sportsmanship there. Faking being seriously hurt to cost the opponent a suspension, yeah that's classy. :roll:
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey has been a good Caledonia supported for as long as I have been on this forum. But his number one team is Welland.
Good win tonight. Best to luck too all the graduating Falcons.Big shout out to Kelly, Jackson and Cercone for the last 3 years I have watched Caledonia and St Catharines.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:

Jumped on the Caledonia bandwagon like halfway through the season if that. Annoying I know.
I've been cheering for them since they came to the Shoe. It's been in my 'signature' since last season!!

Annoying... Annoying is people like you not having your facts straight. Nice try though. :lol: :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Port hockey has been a good Caledonia supported for as long as I have been on this forum. But his number one team is Welland.
Good win tonight. Best to luck too all the graduating Falcons.Big shout out to Kelly, Jackson and Cercone for the last 3 years I have watched Caledonia and St Catharines.
I sure have been. :D A Welland fan first... But I love good hockey, and Caledonia is run like a well oiled machine. Gotta support an organization that puts that much effort into winning and developing their players. :)
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I was surprises it was sweep I wonder if the Falcons had Hilderbrant in this series it might have gone bit differently ,
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Congrats to the Corvairs. They are deserving champs. :smt041 :smt041

Port you never seem to amaze me. You are the most misinformed, miss guided hockey fan I've ever seen :smt119 :smt119 . Joel was outstanding throughout the series. He's the reason the Corvairs were unable to run the score up like they did in other series, yet you can't help yourself from letting your poison pen show your total ignorance. You are not a Corvair fan, you are not a Welland fan, you are not a Chatham fan, you are a disgrace to every hockey fan in the world who loves this game and admires the effort thats put forward by each and every player who plays this game. Why do you always have to act the fool, you sicken me and probably a lot more on this forum with your back stabbing uneducated comments . I've tried to overlook may of you attacks on people you don't know and have probably have never seen live, but not this time. You make me sick. :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

Go Corvairs, You can now see the light at the end of the tunnel..
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Congrats to the Corvairs. They are deserving champs. :smt041 :smt041

Port you never seem to amaze me. You are the most misinformed, miss guided hockey fan I've ever seen :smt119 :smt119 . Joel was outstanding throughout the series. He's the reason the Corvairs were unable to run the score up like they did in other series, yet you can't help yourself from letting your poison pen show your total ignorance. You are not a Corvair fan, you are not a Welland fan, you are not a Chatham fan, you are a disgrace to every hockey fan in the world who loves this game and admires the effort thats put forward by each and every player who plays this game. Why do you always have to act the fool, you sicken me and probably a lot more on this forum with your back stabbing uneducated comments . I've tried to overlook may of you attacks on people you don't know and have probably have never seen live, but not this time. You make me sick. :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

Go Corvairs, You can now see the light at the end of the tunnel..
We've been over this garbage before. I post my opinions, not censored opinion!!! This isn't the don't hurt anyone's feelings forum. It's a hockey discussion!!!

You're the fool who can't handle others posting their opinions. These are 17-21 year olds, not 5-10 year olds, they can take a little heat... Get over yourself already. You're a disgrace, go move to North Korea if you wan't to read censored news and opinions!

I've received a lot of comments from arrogant people like yourself over the years. I didn't reply to you, you jumped down my throat for posting my opinion. I'm sick of reading about this person or that person not liking my opinions, don't read a forum that's here for opinion then! :roll: 8)

I post my thoughts on the games and players, management, officials, etc. And that's what this forum is for. So go puke and stop replying with your little hurt feelings reply's. :smt005 :smt005 :smt006 :smt006

Like seriously, get a clue!

My opinion, don't like it... Too bad!!! :smt089 :smt089 :smt023
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
oldtymer wrote:
I've been cheering for them since they came to the Shoe. It's been in my 'signature' since last season!!

Annoying... Annoying is people like you not having your facts straight. Nice try though. :lol: :smt006
There are no facts to get right. You are not a Caledonia fan. You can be a fan of good hockey I am not knocking you for that because who isnt? Pretty sure we all would rather watch a great game of hockey over a 17-2 Caledonia win over Pelham. You can like the way they are run all you want but your not a Caledonia fan like you have made it sound like.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Not the same old 17-2 Caledonia over Pelham story. This is getting so old. We have heard this over and over.
You always make it sound like it's Caledonia's fault. Like it's a new thing in JR-B hockey.
Pelham has to improve we all know that. Everyone wants to drag the other teams down to Pelham standards.
We got Buffalo coming next year. How competitive will Buffalo be.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Not the same old 17-2 Caledonia over Pelham story. This is getting so old. We have heard this over and over.
You always make it sound like it's Caledonia's fault. Like it's a new thing in JR-B hockey.
Pelham has to improve we all know that. Everyone wants to drag the other teams down to Pelham standards.
We got Buffalo coming next year. How competitive will Buffalo be.
Did you even read what I was saying or just saw the score I typed and jumped to the conclusion I was chirping your team when I wasnt? It was the example OF WHAT NOBODY WANTS TO SEE. Never said it was anybodys fault READ before you comment.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:

There are no facts to get right. You are not a Caledonia fan. You can be a fan of good hockey I am not knocking you for that because who isnt? Pretty sure we all would rather watch a great game of hockey over a 17-2 Caledonia win over Pelham. You can like the way they are run all you want but your not a Caledonia fan like you have made it sound like.
When you follow a team, watch as many games as possible... That makes you a fan... So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. :?:
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

Porthockey1. So when you follow a team watch there games you become a fan. You are so full of sh**. I bet you haven't watched more then welland 5 games all year. You are a bandwagon jumper. I believe you tag should be. Fan of Leamington and Caledonia. Your not kidding anyone.
three dog night

I wonder how many band wagon fans stay with Caledonia next season or two when they are an average team winning has not helped there crowds at home this season.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

Three dog nite. Don't kid yourself they will still be the team to beat next year. Unless they switch divisions like they would like. They have too many resources
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

15timechamps wrote:Porthockey1. So when you follow a team watch there games you become a fan. You are so full of sh**. I bet you haven't watched more then welland 5 games all year. You are a bandwagon jumper. I believe you tag should be. Fan of Leamington and Caledonia. Your not kidding anyone.
I don't have to prove anything to any of you ignorant people. I don't follow hockey to please those on this forum, I come here and state my opinions.

Don't quit your day job buddy. :roll: :smt006
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

three dog night wrote:I wonder how many band wagon fans stay with Caledonia next season or two when they are an average team winning has not helped there crowds at home this season.
Hahahah! You should go to a game! Because Caledonia's crowds have been growing this year buddy! And let's be realistic here. Do you really think the Corvairs will be average next year? Give your head a shake!! They have a top staff who will still find stronger talent then Other clubs!!
three dog night

391 average for Caledonia in the playoffs some growing
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

The attendance on the game sheet is only the total of paid people. Kids get in free + passes. It's always at least 100-200ish more than posted. But yes this season we've gotten a better loyal fan base! Usually get a solid 100ish even on the road! It's awesome!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Same old same old pick on Caledonia's attendance again. We already went through this before.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:
three dog night wrote:I wonder how many band wagon fans stay with Caledonia next season or two when they are an average team winning has not helped there crowds at home this season.
Hahahah! You should go to a game! Because Caledonia's crowds have been growing this year buddy! And let's be realistic here. Do you really think the Corvairs will be average next year? Give your head a shake!! They have a top staff who will still find stronger talent then Other clubs!!
Well said HockeyTalk21
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Same old same old pick on Caledonia's attendance again. We already went through this before.
Gone through a whole ton of things but theres still a new thread created to talk about it again everyday. IE Refs suck, Pelham sucks, Caledonia always innocent and everybody is against them. Why stop now?
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

three dog night wrote:391 average for Caledonia in the playoffs some growing
Maybe if you pull the beer bottle from your face you would see that Caledonia is the smallest centre in the Gojhl. You show your lack of intelligence every time you post and I'm not even a Corvair fan! When I was there last year compared to this year it's much better.
three dog night

The town it self maybe small about 10,000 but they can draw from Hamilton Brantford and other smaller centre near by