Another new head coach in Pelham

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

GOJHLfan1

Another new head coach in Pelham

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Pelham Panthers ‏@Panthers_Pelham 1m1 minute ago
Just heard that the Pelham Panthers have hired a new head coach. Just waiting for confirmation from Tim.

Confirmation
Pelham Panthers ‏@Panthers_Pelham 12m12 minutes ago
Just got confirmation. Scott Barnes is the new head coach

GOJHL Insiders ‏@GOJHLRumors2 1h1 hour ago
@Panthers_Pelham new coach Scott Bares played semi pro in Belgium and USA before finishing his career with Brantford Blast.

Also

Pelham Panthers ‏@Panthers_Pelham Mar 18
Pelham Panthers Jr Hockey Club will be holding a press conference next Wed at 5 Pm at the Pelham arena with some major announcements
Caledonia Fan

Re: Another new head coach in Pelham

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Anyone know anything about Scott Barnes.
Anyone here anything about a new arena in Fonthill yet.
Maybe Pelham going to affiliate with a team.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Scott Barnes played Semi Pro in Belgium for 2 years, played in Youngstown after which was also semi pro and then played in the allen cup league. From dunnville.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

And the circus continues.

This league makes me sick! It's all about the money, not the players!!!

Shut that circus of an organization down!!!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Pelham Panthers ‏@Panthers_Pelham 1m1 minute ago
Just heard that the Pelham Panthers have hired a new head coach. Just waiting for confirmation from Tim.

Confirmation

@Panthers_Pelham new coach Scott Bares played semi pro in Belgium and USA before finishing his career with Brantford Blast.

Also

Pelham Panthers Jr Hockey Club will be holding a press conference next Wed at 5 Pm at the Pelham arena with some major announcements
Nobody remembers? Really? This guy coached the team for a year in Port Colborne then bolted on Toffolo. I don't know how he got him to come back... But it won't last the season.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:Pelham Panthers ‏@Panthers_Pelham 1m1 minute ago

Confirmation

Also

Nobody remembers? Really? This guy coached the team for a year in Port Colborne then bolted on Toffolo. I don't know how he got him to come back... But it won't last the season.
Thought it sounded familiar
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Actually it was his brother who was the Head Coach in Port Colborne. His brother let to become the Assistant Coach with the Peterborough Petes. Scott has been coaching with the Southern Tier Admirals as various levels and has produced some very good teams and players. He has also done some coaching at Ridley College. Why he is lowering himself to go work with Pelham and their owner is beyond me. Maybe he has plans to buy the team since he does run hockey training and spring teams with his brother.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

It's amazing how these guys sell their soul to work for the Devil. Barnes has just put his coaching career in jeopardy! He will be ruined just like every other coach that has worked for that organization. I thought he was smarter that. Mr. Barnes, I know you have a big ego, but to think you can turn around the worst junior organization in Canada, then you live in a "dream land" and you will lose any creditability that you had in the hockey world. If they had any balls, the OHA should have terminated this organizations' charter and suspended their owner for life for all his violations and lies against former hockey staff, players and volunteers.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I guess they are not going to Junior C then
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

not good enough
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Canuckalhead wrote:It's amazing how these guys sell their soul to work for the Devil. Barnes has just put his coaching career in jeopardy! He will be ruined just like every other coach that has worked for that organization. I thought he was smarter that. Mr. Barnes, I know you have a big ego, but to think you can turn around the worst junior organization in Canada, then you live in a "dream land" and you will lose any creditability that you had in the hockey world. If they had any balls, the OHA should have terminated this organizations' charter and suspended their owner for life for all his violations and lies against former hockey staff, players and volunteers.
If he has a say in player recruitment, I bet he could have an ability to make them at least competent. Tim just doesn't know hockey scouting worth sh**, so he thinks he's putting together competent teams while most know otherwise.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The Midget team that he coached this year went 12-24-4 this season, so they weren't very good. If he brings those players with him, they won't be able to compete. Who knows, Wes Wolfe didn't win a game with his Midget teams and Toffolo gave him a Head Coaching job (which didn't last long), so maybe he has a chance!! I just feel sorry for any player or coach that goes there! Anyone that ends up in Pelham is at the bottom of the hockey world.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I can't believe how many people are desperate for a coaching job... :lol:
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

would be better off coaching at the house league level then coaching for that owner in Pelham
End of a era in Leamington
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I read in today Standard they are getting close to a new arena in Pelham.