Terrible reffing

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Terrible reffing

Post by Port hockey1 »

The officiating has been brutal once again tonight during the Caledonia and Niagara Falls game. Consistently inconsistent.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Re: Terrible reffing

Post by Cali vairs! »

Almost getting used to it. Theirs been quite a few either brutal calls or blatanty missed. These are supposed to be some of the better ones
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

Look no further than in Stratford last Night. ESK got their back sides handed to them in the first, down 4-0 after one. Come out in the second and get an early one to make it 4-1. My old eyes saw another one go in a couple of minutes later...unfortunately no one in strips did. The net bulging is the dead give away. 4-2, back from 4-0 early in the second is a huge boost. But not to be. I heard the one ref said it went off the tenders mask???

Don't get me wrong, the better team on the night won, but you never know what that momentum swing could have done.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Reinhart is the king of pushing the net off
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Hockeyhead1 wrote:Look no further than in Stratford last Night. ESK got their back sides handed to them in the first, down 4-0 after one. Come out in the second and get an early one to make it 4-1. My old eyes saw another one go in a couple of minutes later...unfortunately no one in strips did. The net bulging is the dead give away. 4-2, back from 4-0 early in the second is a huge boost. But not to be. I heard the one ref said it went off the tenders mask???

Don't get me wrong, the better team on the night won, but you never know what that momentum swing could have done.
I think I saw the same thing in Caledonia Sat. I think it was in the second period, look to be N.F. scored. But no call, I saw there captain talking to the rif but that was about it. But your right momentum is everything.
Another thing some of these late calls in the third when the teams are tie. EX Kitchener and Waterloo, Waterloo won 2-1. And these call's all the same team in a row like St Catharines in that one game. Look at last night 4 in a row against LaSalle and London scored the winner on the PP.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I got a message from a MOD saying there was a complaint about me being critical of the refs. :lol: :roll:

To whoever this coward is: You could simply send me a Private Message instead of running to a MOD. You could also leave a reply on the thread you take issue with explaining why you're upset.

I take this as a cowardly move. I have every right to be critical of the refs. I also point out when I feel the game was called good.

My reports on the officiating will continue in my post-game reports. Considering this is a forum for news & opinion, trying have my opinion censored is kinda odd.

Don't like it, don't read it! I disagree with a lot of what a lot of people say on here. But life goes on! :lol: :smt005 :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

It wasn't me. But I would love for you to shut the f*** up about the reffing for once. You friggin complain every single day about it and it has gotten old. And try actually going to the games instead of sitting on mom us computer and watching on fast hockey. And you won't have a problem finding me. As I'm at almost any game around. Even when it's not my team. if you can better then our refs please get your licence and show us how it's done.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

And that's why I don't say anything to you. I tell you nicely that you need to tone down your posts, to stop bitching about the refs every game because people are tired of reading it, myself included, and then you make that post.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

15timechamps wrote:It wasn't me. But I would love for you to shut the f*** up about the reffing for once. You friggin complain every single day about it and it has gotten old. And try actually going to the games instead of sitting on mom us computer and watching on fast hockey. And you won't have a problem finding me. As I'm at almost any game around. Even when it's not my team. if you can better then our refs please get your licence and show us how it's done.
I can't make it out to many games these days. Not everyone is able to get up and go whenever they please. Paying my money and watching on fast hockey is just as good. I get to see multiple games at multiple buildings.

I have every right to voice my concerns with the officials. This is a public forum for people's take and opinion on games & the league. So I don't really care what you're sick of buttercup!

I get sick of people whining about anything they can think of about me on here. But I'm over it. I post a lot of league updates and opinions on games, etc. Just like everyone else, actually I'm more active on here than most.

If you think the games were called fine, come here and say that. You are free to do so just as I'm free to be critical.

If you don't wan't to read my posts, block me. It's pretty simple. But all I know is I'm sick of hearing people whine about this or that. This is a public forum, not a place for censored news.

I put it out there how I see it. I welcome everyone to chime in and give their takes.

Give your opinion or get a hobby. Because people getting all worked up over my posts is getting ridiculous!

Maybe this forum needs a new set of clearer rules. Maybe a N.Korea shift in the commentary should be implemented. If I'm not violating the rules of posting, I don't care about who's feelings I hurt. I've toned things down and have dropped the insults and reply's to every single thing I disagree with.

So... You get the picture! 8) :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:And that's why I don't say anything to you. I tell you nicely that you need to tone down your posts, to stop bitching about the refs every game because people are tired of reading it, myself included, and then you make that post.
I gave my opinion. Am I supposed to just say sorry and stop being critical? I replied with respect to you. So you need stop with the whining about me defending myself on here. I didn't say it was you who sent the Private message either.

If me giving my reasoning and response irritates you... You are in the wrong business and should stop being a MOD on here. Sorting out complaints is your job. I see that you'd rather I kept quiet... Well last time I looked the rules of this forum don't say anything about being critical of the refs.

Perhaps explaining that to whoever complained would've been the appropriate action to take here. Because asking me to tone down my opinion is censorship! I get to post my opinions like everyone else.

Maybe seeking advice from Admin would be a better idea in the future. Because you seem to think it's alright to complain when I'm not even doing anything wrong.

The whole thing with that troll a month ago is a prime example. You called me out only to see people leave posts supporting my stance on the situation.

I don't know what to tell you... Maybe just stop trying to enforce rules that don't exist and things would be fine. I've toned my posts down a lot out of respect to those who read this forum. I also realized everyone else is entitled to their opinions.

And Note: I didn't say you PM'd me, you did!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm the only moderator, the other 2 are Administrators. And I don't need permission to moderate people.

I messaged you because we have received some complaints from people regarding your posts, on various topics, and I thought that if I messaged you, and brought it to your attention, then maybe you would curb your behaviour. Over the years, I've had people bring various things to my attention regarding what I post and how I post and as such, my posting style has changed.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm the only moderator, the other 2 are Administrators. And I don't need permission to moderate people.

I messaged you because we have received some complaints from people regarding your posts, on various topics, and I thought that if I messaged you, and brought it to your attention, then maybe you would curb your behaviour. Over the years, I've had people bring various things to my attention regarding what I post and how I post and as such, my posting style has changed.
I have no problem curbing bad behavior. But being critical of officials isn't bad behavior is what I am saying. As I said, I've toned things down a lot this season. A lot of people post with passion on here. There's nothing wrong with that.

There will always be complainers. We can't satisfy everyone. I have no problem trying to tone things down when I've gone overboard though.

But to whoever complains... Seriously, send me a PM and stop being such a coward. I thought we were all adults here. :D
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Tbh I have to agree with PH sorry RG. This forum was created to discuss the topics concerning the league . When watching the game the biggest impact to the games this year has been the terrible reffing. I get it at some point u can go overboard but their is really no defending them. If you think refs are angels you have something else coming. Their are some decent refs in the league. But ones like bolibru lol destroy the reputation of others. Especially when Cali played in NF and we had almost 100 more penalty minutes in that game then NF. Talking to players bolibruck is a complete ***. He always makes comments to our players about how they should all go back to the O even when it's not relevant to the penalty. It can be a joke for what these refs call sometimes. Volpe a spitting penalty in St kitts especially. Idk of anybody else was at the game but if u noticed their was no penalty on the play and volpe is already skating to the bench and then Evans like the b**** he is complained to the ref and he took his word for it. U can stand up for a few but not many