St.Catharines(2) vs Ancaster(3), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

three dog night

Re: St.Catharines(2) vs Ancaster(3), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Post by three dog night »

Big game tonight at the Mountain Arena can not make because of Easter hope the Falcons wrap it up also big game six in Elmira and Chatham.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Falcons hang on to win series in 6

With their 3-1 win tonight, the Falcons advance to the Conference finals against the Caledonia Corvairs. Good luck with that. 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Ancaster played terrible tonight. Giveaway after giveaway. That's the only way St kitts scored. Hughes and burnell were dead tired still after the 80 mins they played in the 4OT game. St kitts goalie played great. St kitts deserved to win tonight
GOJHLfollower

Post by GOJHLfollower »

Cali,l don't that Ancaster played terrible. Maybe think its an oversimplication, as you are correct that it was giveaways/failing to clear the zone that gave st.kitts all three of their goals. That said I'd give the first period play edge to Ancaster (which was typically their best period each game) and they played the way they needed to in the third, giving them chances to win.
They had no less than a dozen scoring chances in the third but couldn't finish.
Overall it was a great series and fantastic hockey to watch.
Hats off to St.Kitts on the win. And best of luck against Caledonia.

Also, I have to give proper due to the st Kitts coach, as I called him out as a gong show on the bench after game 4. He was well composed in games 5 and 6. St.kitts proved to me they can win with class. Hats off to them.