Caledonia(1) vs Niagara Falls(4), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Niagara Falls(4), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:The way they have been playing as of late it's quite possible they do.
They have so much talent and are way to deep for other teams. Niagra falls hadn't been that bad of a team this year.
Beat St kitts even after losing 2 of their best players. And Caledonia made them look worse than they actually played. Last night it could of been a lot worse of a score. They let up in the third and still came out with more goals in the third then niagra did in the whole game. Cali could destroy Kitchener the Way I saw each team play lately. Idk about the west but it could end short
Can't really compare to the regular season. Caledonia played some close games, and lost to Niagara Falls this season. So it's very possible that both St.Catharines & Ancaster would've swept them(NF) too.

Niagara Falls collapsed. After having a fairly easy series against Fort Erie they just weren't ready for Caledonia. I've followed this league for a longtime and just can't see Caledonia going undefeated.

I see them playing St.Catharines next and sweeping them. But the scores should be close. I'll be surprised if there's any games decided by more than 3 goals.

Then I figure Stratford & Leamington will be left. I don't see Caledonia sweeping either one of them. They would probably need 5-6 games for either one of those teams.

But we've all made some bold predictions, only time will tell. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Niagara Falls(4), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

Postby Beehive » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:08 pm

That Sutherland final from 2 years ago was some of the best hockey that I have ever watched. Last year's final against LaSalle was not too shabby either. Who knows.......if it did not take LaSalle seven games to dispose of Elmira in the previous round it would have been an even more tense final. This is what I like to see but unfortunately it does not look like things will unfold this way this season.
That's fair enough. But this is a one-off. The last few years they had a nice battle with St.Catharines and were beatable with a solid 60 minutes. I believe they loaded up this season looking to set the record with a 3rd straight Cup.

But I get what you're saying. It must be frustrating to feel like you don't have a chance.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102