Caledonia(1) vs Niagara Falls(4), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Cali vairs!

Re: Caledonia(1) vs Niagara Falls(4), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Post by Cali vairs! »

He didn't dive. I was right their his feet just came out. It wasn't a hit from behind. Boarding at most but from where the red was standing on the other side of the ice he saw a hit from behind. Was volpe a little light on his feet.. Likely. But he did make contact with him and pushed him to the boards trying for a pin. Wasn't a dive
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Does P.McCabe have a concussion or something? :lol:

Waving his arms up and down after a 2 second fight. :lol: Then continues to celebrate at the bench, pumping his arms up and down, and pointing at the fans at least twice.

What was the celebration again? Getting demolished in the 2nd round... :P :smt083

Funniest thing I've seen all year in this league. I wonder if his teammates share his excitement... :lol: :lol: :roll: 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

No different than celebrating an 8th goal like it was on ot winner. Maybe the caledonia team has a concussion
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I see Caledonia won again tonight which to me was no surprise to me. I couldn't make it tonight because of working commitment. For anyone who was there , how did thew Volpe/McCabe fight go. :smt062
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Volpe/McCabe wasn't even a fight. McCabe got his only punch in when volpe barely had his gloves off than volpe fell and then McCabe did then volpe got a shot in. McCabe didn't win a fight because it wasn't a fight. Game was a absolute joke tonight. Cali showed why their number 1. We skated around them like they were statues in the second and third. I'm assuming we celebrated after the 8th goal because niagra falls was just losing it on the players. Barbeau went nuts ( he did almost get half his face cut off by volpes stick after a hit), McCabe went stupid. And what about marsden cely after the first goal. How long did that last. So ur asking y we celebrated after the 8th goal? Maybe u should watch the game and see how stupid it was. Not saying Cali is saints either but this was a pretty disciplined game by Cali standards.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Sadly Patrick McCabe is not liked by any team or his own teammates. My nephew plays for the Canucks and he didn't have much good things to say about McCabe. Nobody will forget McCabe celebrating the way he did and may have his head on a platter Tuesday! That doesn't go unnoticed! He runs around all the time and he finally did something.too bad he didn't let Volpe square up. I think I like Jake Evans more then Patrick McCabe!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

gojhlrules wrote:No different than celebrating an 8th goal like it was on ot winner. Maybe the caledonia team has a concussion
They didn't over due it. With all the trash talking, there's a lot of passion involved. If you like robots, maybe hockey isn't for you. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:I see Caledonia won again tonight which to me was no surprise to me. I couldn't make it tonight because of working commitment. For anyone who was there , how did thew Volpe/McCabe fight go. :smt062
Volpe started it, McCabe landed probably the only punch. It lasted about two seconds and McCabe took Volpe down.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Just a recap of game 3 from are local paper . Great coverage of the Corvairs this playoffs so far Mr. Shawn Smith good job.

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/63998 ... ghc-final/
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Just a recap of game 3 from are local paper . Great coverage of the Corvairs this playoffs so far Mr. Shawn Smith good job.

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/63998 ... ghc-final/
Thanks for sharing. Is Brown back after one more game? It has to have been at least 9 games now... What's going on with Austin Brown? Is he concussed? That's a big loss on the blueline.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sweep dreams!

13-2 late in the game. This series wan't even close. Great job boys!

I guess the Canuck's won't be destroying anymore dressing rooms! 8)
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

13-2 at home in an elimination game for the Canucks! So much for the rest of the teams other than Pelham being competitive against the Corvairs. Non the less I guess that they must learn how to lose gracefully. Perhaps Caledonia are the ones that should go to the OPHL instead.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I thought Niagara Falls would have given Caledonia a better battle.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

What a statement game that was for Caledonia! 4 power play goals & 4 short-handed goals! What a night!

The other series doesn't even matter, Caledonia will sweep Ancaster or St.Catharines. Remember, I called it! :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:13-2 at home in an elimination game for the Canucks! So much for the rest of the teams other than Pelham being competitive against the Corvairs. Non the less I guess that they must learn how to lose gracefully. Perhaps Caledonia are the ones that should go to the OPHL instead.
The other teams were competitive against them. Just because Niagara Falls melted down after game 2... We'll see how the Sutherland Cup rounds go.

Better send Kitchener, Stratford, St.Catharines, & Leamington to the OJHL then too!

btw: Pretty sure Kitchener had a better record than Caledonia did this season... But Caledonia should've wen't undefeated by the way some talk about them on here. :lol: :P 8)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Fitzmorris has been money every game in these playoffs. He's really stepped his game up.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Corvairs 13 Canucks 1

The Caledonia Corvairs put the finishing touches on a four-game semifinal sweep of the Niagara Falls Canucks Tuesday night at the Gale Centre with a decisive 13-1 victory.

The two-time defending Sutherland Cup champions dominated from the opening whistle, outshooting the Canucks 24-4 in the first period and building a 5-0 lead.

“They got a seven-minute power play in the first period and scored three goals to make it 5-0,” Canucks head coach Frank Pietrangelo said. “That was it and the game and the series was over. We unfortunately mailed it in after that.”

Matthew Hore, Blake Luscombe, Tyler Hill, Quentin Maksimovich and Mitchell Fitzmorris each scored twice for the Corvairs while singles were netted by Davis Brown, Jordan Brown and Bailey Fletcher.

Scott Grieve scored the lone goal for the Canucks, who were outshot 50-34 in the game.

Be very, very afraid would likely be Pietrangelo’s message to the teams hoping to meet Caledonia in the finals.

“They are a very good hockey club with a lot of depth and no weaknesses,” he said. “I can’t see anyone beating them. Let’s be realistic. They’ve lost four games out of 60 this year and for them to lose a seven-game series, the only way they lose is if they beat themselves.”
http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2016/03/22 ... ead-to-2-1

So I guess Frank forgot Caledonia finished with the 2nd Best record in the GOJHL. :lol:

I love how people act like Caledonia wen't undefeated or something, and forget about Kitchener finishing with the most points in the GOJHL. :mrgreen: :smt006
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

2 different conferences. GHL has more depth than Midwest. A lot of teams in that division are weaker. I haven't seen Stratford or Waterloo but other so called top teams like listowel, Elmira aren't very good. And what Ive seen from Kitchener their not any better than Ancaster or St Catherine's. Their goalie is good. Defence are ok at getting the puck out of their own end, forwards are good passers but have weak shots. Them vs Cali I would say Cali in 5 maybe 6
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

I went to watch my nephew plays his final GOJHL game tonight and I'm surprised Patrick McCabe didn't get his head bashed in! Dirty head check to #95 with no call and got real tough when his team came in. Had a 1 man fight too. Lucky to be leaving that rink tonight in one piece :roll: however Purnell was a joke as usual and Atkinson seemed to be laughing at a injured Corvair player. :?:
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

The hit on ratch (95) was clean. Another player yelled that McCabe was coming and he turned the wrong way and just got decked. Sucks because it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. Ratch is assuming he has a minor concussion right now from it. Reason McCabe wasn't getting his head taken off I'd because their really is no point In being suspended for a game that your up by 8 or 9 at that point. Can't lose players for the St kitts or Ancaster final series.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Like I stated in an earlier post, any team can be competitive on any given night but I was referring to a playoff series....you know....the exciting kinds that are supposed to be one goal games and last at least six or seven games to keep fans on the edge of their seats. I am sure that many fans in the Falls were heading for the exit halfway through the first period last night. There is little doubt in my mind that the same fate awaits either St. Catharines or Ancaster in the next round unless a couple of playoff gates are needed.
In looking at the West and Midwest loops their series are very competitive indeed which is what playoff hockey should be about and not a foregone conclusion with some juggernaut crushing everyone in their path! I know that this post is likely to rile a few Caledonia fans but as a paying customer I like to get my money's worth when I attend a game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:Like I stated in an earlier post, any team can be competitive on any given night but I was referring to a playoff series....you know....the exciting kinds that are supposed to be one goal games and last at least six or seven games to keep fans on the edge of their seats. I am sure that many fans in the Falls were heading for the exit halfway through the first period last night. There is little doubt in my mind that the same fate awaits either St. Catharines or Ancaster in the next round unless a couple of playoff gates are needed.
In looking at the West and Midwest loops their series are very competitive indeed which is what playoff hockey should be about and not a foregone conclusion with some juggernaut crushing everyone in their path! I know that this post is likely to rile a few Caledonia fans but as a paying customer I like to get my money's worth when I attend a game.
You don't call seeing the caliber of hockey Caledonia plays your moneys worth? Ouch.

Most league's have a dominate team or two. All league's get a team that's just that good once in a while. This is the only time I've seen Caledonia this good. It's not like it's every season. The Sutherland Cup rounds will be competitive. I believe the Golden Horseshoe was the easiest division this season too.

If Caledonia was in the Mid-West or West, they probably lose 7-9 games this season. :)
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Nothing to disagree with about on that beehive. Yea it's nice to win but it's better to be have a competitive series. U see the suthy final 2 years ago against St kitts and it was an amazing series. This year I doubt we'll see that. Last night I was talking to some niagra falls fans and they new coming into the series they had no chance it was just about the scores of the games. They certainly didn't expect anything like what happened. It's nice to sweep teams but at some point it does get old to see. Hopefully St kitts or Ancaster can be more competitive. And I doubt in any conference that they would lose 7-9 games. They are built this year to win it all. The mid west division is a lot weaker caliber hockey. I think they would have a even better record in that division. The other division looks pretty deep though. They have a solid 5 or 6 teams who compete all with each other. Only seen them at the start of the year in the cross conference games but most of the teams would be like Ancaster with a couple a tough better than St kitts
BeenThereDoneThat

Caledonia lose 7-9 games in the Mid-West ???? I don't think so. :smt043 :smt101
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Caledonia lose 7-9 games in the Mid-West ???? I don't think so. :smt043 :smt101
I guess we disagree. :smt039
BeenThereDoneThat

Yes, I guess we do but I think we are on the same page when it come to evaluating competition for the Corvairs. Their stiffest competition will come from their own conference. Caledonia will eliminate the winner of the Ancaster/St.Kitts series in 5 games. I predict they will go undefeated throughout the Sutherland Cup semi finals and finals. :smt034
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Yes, I guess we do but I think we are on the same page when it come to evaluating competition for the Corvairs. Their stiffest competition will come from their own conference. Caledonia will eliminate the winner of the Ancaster/St.Kitts series in 5 games. I predict they will go undefeated throughout the Sutherland Cup semi finals and finals. :smt034
That's a big prediction to make. I say they'll win the Cup... But I'll be surprised to see sweeps in those rounds. :)
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

The way they have been playing as of late it's quite possible they do.
They have so much talent and are way to deep for other teams. Niagra falls hadn't been that bad of a team this year.
Beat St kitts even after losing 2 of their best players. And Caledonia made them look worse than they actually played. Last night it could of been a lot worse of a score. They let up in the third and still came out with more goals in the third then niagra did in the whole game. Cali could destroy Kitchener the Way I saw each team play lately. Idk about the west but it could end short
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

That Sutherland final from 2 years ago was some of the best hockey that I have ever watched. Last year's final against LaSalle was not too shabby either. Who knows.......if it did not take LaSalle seven games to dispose of Elmira in the previous round it would have been an even more tense final. This is what I like to see but unfortunately it does not look like things will unfold this way this season.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Beehive wrote:Like I stated in an earlier post, any team can be competitive on any given night but I was referring to a playoff series....you know....the exciting kinds that are supposed to be one goal games and last at least six or seven games to keep fans on the edge of their seats. I am sure that many fans in the Falls were heading for the exit halfway through the first period last night. There is little doubt in my mind that the same fate awaits either St. Catharines or Ancaster in the next round unless a couple of playoff gates are needed.
You don't call seeing the caliber of hockey Caledonia plays your moneys worth? Ouch.

Most league's have a dominate team or two. All league's get a team that's just that good once in a while. This is the only time I've seen Caledonia this good. It's not like it's every season. The Sutherland Cup rounds will be competitive. I believe the Golden Horseshoe was the easiest division this season too.

If Caledonia was in the Mid-West or West, they probably lose 7-9 games this season. :)
The caliber of hockey played by the Corvairs is second to none. That was never in question. When I attend a game it is to see both teams play well and that is not possible when one team is too dominant. When the only question is what the final score will be then that is a little much for me.