Jake Evans the turtle

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

HockeyTalk21

Jake Evans the turtle

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Well it was about time until someone took a Fighting Major, Instagator and Aggresor against Jake Evans. OFCOURSE he turtled! Not surprised but proud of Wellands Matt Martin for taking action, worth the suspension. Evans always looks for a fight but backs off!
three dog night

Re: Jake Evans the turtle

Post by three dog night »

Well it was about time until someone took a Fighting Major, Instagator and Aggresor against Jake Evans. OFCOURSE he turtled! Not surprised but proud of Wellands Matt Martin for taking action, worth the suspension. Evans always looks for a fight but backs off!

You pick your battles sounds like a smart move by Evens and a bad one for Martin.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

three dog night wrote:Well it was about time until someone took a Fighting Major, Instagator and Aggresor against Jake Evans. OFCOURSE he turtled! Not surprised but proud of Wellands Matt Martin for taking action, worth the suspension. Evans always looks for a fight but backs off!

You pick your battles sounds like a smart move by Evans and a bad one for Martin.
Here's the issue....everyone knows he's not going to fight. And if he sucked Martin in to taking a stupid penalty, then good on Evans. Hate him or not, every team has at least one guy like that on their team. If Evans was able to suck Martin in, then great for Evans. It's play off hockey. Evans wouldn't fight in regular season, think he's gonna fight in the playoffs?

Ya, good on Martin. Way to make your team kill off 9 minutes, when Welland could have tried to seal the game with an extra goal or two.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Well it was about time until someone took a Fighting Major, Instagator and Aggresor against Jake Evans. OFCOURSE he turtled! Not surprised but proud of Wellands Matt Martin for taking action, worth the suspension. Evans always looks for a fight but backs off!
Yup! Keep knocking on the devils door... Sooner or later the devils going to come knocking back. :smt077 :smt077 :smt045
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Mrs.Henley

Post by Mrs.Henley »

Administrator should be deleting this thread! It's slanderous and a violation not only of this forums rules and regulations but a violation of law as well. Not a smart idea!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Mrs.Henley wrote:Administrator should be deleting this thread! It's slanderous and a violation not only of this forums rules and regulations but a violation of law as well. Not a smart idea!
What an odd and very incorrect statement to post.
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

Thanks for the post Admin. In a forum full of opinion we can't all win a popularity contest.
Mrs.Henley

Post by Mrs.Henley »

On the contrary, I'm quite correct Mr/Mrs Administrator.. Re read your own bylaws upon registration for this forum! Unfortunately, you are incorrect. And if you need attorney clarification, ID be more than happy to make that happen!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Mrs.Henley wrote:On the contrary, I'm quite correct Mr/Mrs Administrator.. Re read your own bylaws upon registration for this forum! Unfortunately, you are incorrect. And if you need attorney clarification, ID be more than happy to make that happen!
Please do what you must. I would never want to be accused of censoring you. :)
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

Absolutely, no doubt Martin lost that game for Welland. Unable to control his temper and anger, cost them big time. Changed the entire momentum and paly in favour of the Falcons. Killing off a 9 min penalty not only tired down the Welland players, but could not recover from the dominate play St. Catharines gained by that penalty. Not only lost the game, but now being up 3 games to 1, probably cost them the series as well!!
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

And to add insult to injury, Martin is done for the year and Jake plays on. :smt034
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Mrs.Henley wrote:Administrator should be deleting this thread! It's slanderous and a violation not only of this forums rules and regulations but a violation of law as well. Not a smart idea!
I'm sure your boy can take the heat. :lol: :roll: :smt082
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Mrs.Henley wrote:On the contrary, I'm quite correct Mr/Mrs Administrator.. Re read your own bylaws upon registration for this forum! Unfortunately, you are incorrect. And if you need attorney clarification, ID be more than happy to make that happen!
Bahahahaha. He's not a little boy. He runs around chirping the whole game, not to mention the stick work... But how dare somebody call a spade a spade on here. :roll:

This has been a good laugh. :lol:
CC1

Post by CC1 »

Good for Jake, he is the one playing smart hockey.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

CC1 wrote:Good for Jake, he is the one playing smart hockey.
Yep surprising actually.
jax

Post by jax »

Smart hockey? Sure it is! But also you really think if he in gauged in the fight it would really affect the outcome of the series? Would he hurt his hands? Hurt st Kitts run deep into the playoffs? The way they are playing they won't make it past ancaster.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

The way they are playing they won't make it past ancaster. The Falcons played good hockey against Welland and during the season they had few problems against Ancaster who had a little luck in their sweep of Thorold.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

jax wrote:Smart hockey? Sure it is! But also you really think if he in gauged in the fight it would really affect the outcome of the series? Would he hurt his hands? Hurt st Kitts run deep into the playoffs? The way they are playing they won't make it past ancaster.
Smart hockey is staying out of the box and not giving the other team power play opportunities.

Falcons really didn't have a tough time with Ancaster this season, so I don't think the playoffs will be much different. Avalanche may take a game or two, but I don't think they have the depth to win the series.