#3 Ancaster vs #6 Thorold playoff thread

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

#3 Ancaster vs #6 Thorold playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

I don't know how to take Thorold. They've really turned it on since that trade. This might turn into a great series. :)

Ancaster has issues in their own end. So Thorold's two solid goalies are capable of taking games in this series.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: #3 Ancaster vs #6 Thorold playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

From Bill Potrecz, Standard;
Ancaster vs. Thorold

The Avalanche finished in third at 28-15-4-3.

The Blackhawks placed sixth at 17-25-4-4.

The Avalanche won the season series 5-2.

The Hawks have been playing better of late, which gives head coach Bryan Kelly hope for the post-season.

“The last four or five weeks we’ve turned the corner and started to play some pretty good hockey,” he said. “We moved some big pieces (at the trade deadline) and our guys decided we have the guys who want to be here and want to play and they bought into what we’re doing. Credit to them. They are working hard. We’re not making those stupid mistakes that were killing us. Our puck management has been much better.

“The last month we have turned in around to give ourselves a chance. Maybe six weeks ago, we didn’t have that chance.”

Thorold goaltender Josh Astorino could be the difference.

“He’s one of better goalies in the league. If we can play good defence and score a few goals, it gives us a chance,” Kelly said.

“We have our work cut out for us but we match up well and we play them tough.”

Prediction: The Avs can score and are tough at home. Ancaster in six.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Ancaster hangs on for 4-3 win

Thorold looks to have skated with them well tonight. Down 2-1 after the 2nd period, they tied it up early in the 3rd on a power play goal. Ancaster scored back to back goals a few minutes later. Thorold got back to within one with about 5 minutes left in the game. Ancaster out-shot Thorold 25-20.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Ancaster up 3-0

A heart breaking 3-2 OT loss tonight in Ancaster. They might lose a top player for several games though...
PENALTIES
Period 1
Ancaster - Jesse Hilton - (Head-Butting) (Match) (MP47), 0 MIN, 14:38
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Ancaster up 3-0

A heart breaking 3-2 OT loss tonight in Ancaster. They might lose a top player for several games though...
PENALTIES
Period 1
Ancaster - Jesse Hilton - (Head-Butting) (Match) (MP47), 0 MIN, 14:38
4 games. Looks like this ones over probably next game anyway.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
But that will be a huge blow to them in the 2nd round.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
But that will be a huge blow to them in the 2nd round.
I think they are in tough no matter what. Most likely playing St Catharines.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Ancaster sweeps Thorold with 3-2 win

Here's the article from the paper;
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... of-thorold