#4 Niagara Falls vs #5 Fort Erie playoff thread

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

#4 Niagara Falls vs #5 Fort Erie playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

A lot of people saying this will go the distance. I think Fort Erie will end it fast. The Welland series might turn out to be the closest.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: #4 Niagara Falls vs #5 Fort Erie playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

From Bill Potrecz, Standard;
Niagara Falls vs. Fort Erie

The Canucks finished in fourth spot at 26-20-2-2.

The Meteors placed fifth at 25-21-1-3.

Niagara Falls won the season series 4-3.

This one is easily the best matchup of the first round.

“It’s a four-five series which is always a good matchup,” Canucks coach Frank Pietrangelo said. “I think it’s two pretty evenly matched teams. It’s going to come down to performance and paying attention to detail and doing the little things.”

The Meteors enter the playoffs on a roll having won 10 of their last 11 games.

“We’re aware of what they’ve being doing recently but we can’t worry about Fort Erie, we have to worry about what Niagara Falls can to do to be successful,” Pietrangelo said.

Fort Erie coach Rob Hubbert is stoked to get the series started.

“This series is going to be dynamite,” he said.

“I think it’s going to come down to speciality teams and goaltending. Whoever has that is going to win this series.”

Hubbert is pleased the way the Meteors finished up, but also realizes the playoffs are a whole new challenge.

“We just want to be playing good hockey and don’t want to overreact and keep our emotions in check,” he said. “We’ve been playing pretty good hockey.”

The Meteors feature several good young players — Anthony Passero, Ben Evans, Danial Singer, Holden Garlent — who are coming off sensational seasons, but are short on playoff experience.

“Go play like you have been all year,” Hubbert said, when asked what his message to his team will be. “We’re going to go about our business as usual. Evans and Singer seem to have ice in their veins. Singer has six game winners, two in overtime.”

Prediction: This one could easily go the distance. Going with experience and giving the nod to the Canucks in six.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Niagara Falls uses fast start to win game one

Niagara Falls dominated the 1st period and found themselves up 2-0 after one. They looked to be outplayed in the 2nd period, but seemed to control the flow of the 3rd period. The 6-3 score was a little surprising.

But full credit to the Falls, they came to play and stuck to their game plan. Fort Erie had many players getting their first taste of playoff hockey. So I'm sure they've quickly realized it takes 60 minutes of playing every shift with an edge to win in these playoffs. Staying out of the box will be important too.
This series might go the distance.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Looks like special tem were the difference Fort Erie zero for nine on the power play and N.Falls went three for nine.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

Lachance was fighting the puck badly and the first nf goal. The whistle had already gone and still allowed the goal. Some nasty 2 handers later in the game.
Last edited by 15timechamps on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Hate to say I called it but not looking good for Fort Erie. Might be in even less games then I said in prediction. Still time but basically must win Tuesday.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Hate to say I called it but not looking good for Fort Erie. Might be in even less games then I said in prediction. Still time but basically must win Tuesday.
Looking like you made a good call. Niagara Falls is coming prepared from the net out. The Met's just haven't gotten things done.

Full credit to Niagara Falls. Lansfield is on fire! :smt067
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

It seems that the real "Coach of Year" is taking the "Blogger's Choice" for Coach of the Year to School. The neutral zone play of the Canucks has Fort Erie making mistake after mistake. Fort Erie's best players were horrible tonight.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

Gojhlfan1 where were you sitting last night I was right behind the nf bench and had to listen to the annoying hubbert chants all night
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

15timechamps wrote:Gojhlfan1 where were you sitting last night I was right behind the nf bench and had to listen to the annoying hubbert chants all night
I was behind the Niagara Falls net
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Fort Erie jumps back into this series with 4-2 win

Huge game 3 win last night. Right back in this series.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2016/0 ... le-canucks
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

3-1 series lead for Niagara Falls after tonight's win. Two major's called on Falls players though, including a slashing major on their top forward.

Might be a couple of small suspensions?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Singer's 4 goal game not enough as Fort Erie's eliminated

What a game from the rookie(Singer). Niagara Falls hung on to win 7-5, and won the series in 5 games.

Fort Erie is a young team and has gained some playoff experience for next season. Niagara Falls really took care of business though. Full credit to them. I didn't think they had that kind of intensity in them.

I still think Hubbert should've won coach of the year. But clearly Niagara Falls coach was more than deserving of the award. :)
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I think Niagara falls will give Caledonia a good battle.