#1 Caledonia vs #8 Pelham playoff thread

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

#1 Caledonia vs #8 Pelham playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

Here's an article about the Caledonia Corvairs from a local paper.
Corvairs seek three-peat

The Caledonia Corvairs came up one point short in their quest to finish on top of the three-conference Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League.

However, that isn't the prize the team is seeking.

With the playoffs set to begin this week, Caledonia will look to become the first team to win three straight Sutherland Cup provincial junior B championships.

Despite finishing second in the 26-team GOJHL to the Mid-Western Conference champion Kitchener Dutchmen, the Corvairs were the top team in the Golden Horseshoe Conference.

To finish the regular season, Caledonia lost 4-3 to St. Catharines before edging Ancaster 2-1.

Trailing St. Catharines 4-1 early in the third, Caledonia battled back but came up one goal short.

Davis Brown, Jordan Brown and Matthew Hore scored the goals as Daniel Volpe and Corey Pawley got two assists apiece.

Both teams scored a pair of power-play goals.

Trailing Ancaster 1-0 after one period, the Corvairs got goals from Jacob Bianchi in the second and Volpe in the third to grab the win. Mark Sinclair made 16 saves for the win.

Caledonia finishes the season as the GOJHL's best offensive team (294 goals), most penalized team (1,857 minutes) and second-best defensive team (98 goals against).

The Corvairs also had the third-best power-play percentage 22.71 and second-best penalty killing percentage (89.20).

Pawley (30G, 81A, 111 points) won the league's scoring race while Hore (43G, 57A, 100 points) was second.

Sinclair had the second-best goals against average (1.49) and third-best save percentage (.924). He also had the most wins (33).

Mounties in tough

The Paris Mounties were hoping to stave off elimination late Monday in Mid-Western Junior C Hockey League playoff action.

Paris was in New Hamburg on Monday with their backs against the wall, trailing the best-of-seven semifinal series 3-1.

The teams split the opening two games of the series, with New Hamburg winning Game 1 by a score of 6-1 and Paris taking Game 2 by doubling the Firebirds 4-2.

New Hamburg then took the next two games, 6-3 and 3-1.

The Mounties got goals from four different players - Richard Brooks, Brodie Smith, Ryan Stephenson and affiliated player Hunter Dubecki - in the win as Davis McLean made 27 saves in goal.

Dubecki scored once again in the 6-3 loss, with Graham Evans and Brayden Lane also notching markers.

In the 3-1 loss, Evans scored on the power play.

Hawks ousted

The Hagersville Hawks gave the Glanbrook Rangers a run in their Niagara and District Junior C Hockey League playoff series, coming up one win short.

With the two teams tied 3-3 in the best-of-seven semifinal, Glanbrook sealed its spot in the final with an 8-2 win in Game 7.

Heading into last week, the Hawks trailed the series 2-1 before falling behind even further with a 4-3 loss in Game 4.

The Hawks actually led that game 3-1 early in the third period before the Rangers stormed back.

Cole Martin scored two goals in the loss with Derek Friesen scoring the other, on the power play.

Facing elimination, the Hawks easily won Game 5, 5-1.

Mitch Green scored twice with singles to Aaron Panter, Domenic Evangelista and Martin.

Hagersville then forced Game 7 by edging Glanbrook 2-1 as Clayton Millard and Martin scored. Stephen Tierney earned the win in goal from both games.

In the deciding game, the Hawks trailed 1-0 after the first period but then fell behind 4-0 after 40 minutes. Despite outshooting Glanbrook 17-11 in the game's final period, Hagersville couldn't finish the Rangers off.

Dan Mederios and Matt Rimac got a goal and an assist each with Derek Friesen chipping in with two helpers.
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2016/0 ... three-peat
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: #1 Caledonia vs #8 Pelham playoff thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

Anyone want to predict the score of this series? :smt081 :smt073 :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

From Bill Potrecz, Standard;
Caledonia vs. Pelham

The Corvairs finished first at 43-4-1-2.

The Panthers finished eighth at 1-45-0-4.

The Covrairs won the season series 8-0, outscoring the Panthers 80-13 in the process and registering over 100 shots in one game.

This is going to be quick and ugly.

Prediction: Corvairs in four.
No interviews with Toffolo? :lol: 8) :smt044 :smt083
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia skated past Pelham 9-1 tonight. They out-shot Pelham 33-1 in the 2nd, and 28-3 in the 3rd.(61-4)

The final shots were 79-9. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is beyond pathetic, if not for the spectacular play of goalie Stephen Harvey, the score would've been much worse. Harvey stopped 70 of 79 shots, the kid has a lot of courage. He should've been named MVP for battling all season long like he has.

I hope Caledonia scores 30 goals in at least one of these games. It's the only way to get the OHA to take notice of the pathetic situation in Pelham.

Have Pelham play Kitchener & Leamington... Tell their players they get 100 dollars if they score 20 goals in the game... They'll walk away with the money, that's a fact!

Well done Corvairs, don't let up, get a crazy goal differential and expose this guys circus of an organization. 8) :lol: :lol:

Here's a scoring & penalty summary;

SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
Pelham - Dylan Cancilla (power play) (Thomas Young, Hunter Swain) 17:52
Period 2
Caledonia - Tyler Hill (power play) (Blake Luscombe, Corey Pawley) 1:22
Caledonia - Quentin Maksimovich (extra attacker) (Chadd Bauman, Daniel Volpe) 4:11
Period 3
Caledonia - Davis Brown (Ryan Moran) 6:13
Caledonia - Mitch Graham (Matt Rimac, Matthew Hore) 9:04
Caledonia - Matt McCartney (Daniel Volpe, Tait Seguin) 11:15
Caledonia - Tait Seguin (Matt McCartney, Jacob Bianchi) 14:47
Caledonia - Blake Luscombe (power play) (Corey Pawley, Matthew Hore) 16:10
Caledonia - Blake Luscombe (Corey Pawley, Todd Ratchford) 18:21
Caledonia - Tyler Hill (Mitch Graham, Jacob Bianchi) 19:05

PENALTIES
Period 1
Caledonia - Johnathon Schaefer - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 17:36
Pelham - Liam Little - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 19:56
Period 2
Pelham - Alex Gonyou - (Roughing after Whistle) (RAW), 2 MIN, 1:33
Pelham - Bryce Hoggard - (Tripping) (TR), 2 MIN, 5:14
Caledonia - Nick Zottl - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 7:32
Pelham - Stephen Harvey - (Delay of Game) (DG), 2 MIN, 9:08
Pelham - Zachary Plumb - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 13:29
Pelham - Liam Little - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 15:16
Period 3
Caledonia - Jordan Brown - (Holding) (HO), 2 MIN, 0:42
Caledonia - Corey Pawley - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 4:52
Pelham - Thomas Young - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 4:52
Pelham - Hunter Swain - (Ineligible Player) (), 2 MIN, 15:11
Caledonia - Matthew Hore - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 MIN, 16:10
Caledonia - Matthew Hore - (Roughing after Whistle) (RAW), 2 MIN, 16:10
Pelham - Caleb Mussat - (Roughing after Whistle) (RAW), 2 MIN, 16:10
Pelham - Caleb Mussat - (Travesty of Game) (Gross Misconduct) (GRM60), 0 MIN, 16:10
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Travesty of the game? What did he do?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Travesty of the game? What did he do?
Poor kid probably had a breakdown. :smt009
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Another blowout in game 2

Caledonia wins this one 14-0. They out-shot Pelham 81-9, including 57-3 over the last two periods. :oops: :oops: :oops:

C'mon OHA, what do you say? 8)
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

If I played for Pelham id probably get a few Travesty of Game penalties. Feel sorry for the kids to have to deal with being on a team like that with ownership like that. Get them out of the league.
End of a era in Leamington
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Horrible. League has to do something.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:If I played for Pelham id probably get a few Travesty of Game penalties. Feel sorry for the kids to have to deal with being on a team like that with ownership like that. Get them out of the league.
For sure. I really have to credit their goalie though. The kids been hung out to dry repeatedly this season, giving up 10+ goals a lot of nights. He has a ton of courage.

If not for him, Pelham would've surrendered 20+ goals a few times.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Cannnot see Pelham in the league next season.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Another game featuring men vs children

9-0 tonight, shots on goal were 80-10. Caledonia out-shot them 34-0 in the 3rd period, scoring 7 goals. :lol: :lol:

Congrats to Pelham. For the first time this series they managed to register 10 shots on goal. :lol: :smt004 :smt117

One more game and they're out of their misery. Fire 15 goals in the next game and they can rest their top players for the conference finals.(after the 2nd round of course) Because Pelham pretty much gives them the wildcard. :lol: :D

Thanks OHA, I guess that's one benefit in having Pelham around. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the OHA will have this circus back next season, with a team goal of winning 2 games. As long as they pay, they play... Quite the way to run a hockey league. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

When you guys say pay you mean just the OHA fees right?

These kids aren't paying to play for Pelham are they? Fees over and above those for the league?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

arcprohd wrote:When you guys say pay you mean just the OHA fees right?

These kids aren't paying to play for Pelham are they? Fees over and above those for the league?
Not sure but yes talking about OHA fees
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The Mayor and Town Council of Pelham are the people to blame for signing a 7 year deal with the Devil (TT). He has embarrassed your Town and will continue to make a joke of all the people who live there. I'm sure the people in Port Colborne were happy they were able to watch a team that had some "compete" in them. If they want to make this league stronger, they should get rid of Pelham, don't let Buffalo in and bring in Grimsby as the eighth team. Time for the OHA to grow some nuts!