2015-2016 Award Winners

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

GOJHLfan1

2015-2016 Award Winners

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

List of award winners announced tonight at the Golden Horseshoe Conference Awards Banquet

Cecil Jones Memorial Trophy for Most Gentlemanly Player: Nicholas Dozzi (St. Catharines)
J.P Thomas Memorial Trophy for Most Improved Player: Holden Garlent (Fort Erie)
Brent Rubel Trophy for Rookie of the year: Danial Singer (Fort Erie)
Dave Dunham Trophy for Most Valuable Defenseman: Sean Farquharson (Niagara Falls)
Tom Kelly Memorial Trophy for Coach of the year: Frank Pietrangelo (Niagara Falls)
Russell Masterson Memorial Trophy for MVP: Ben Hughes (Ancaster)
Corporal Tyler Crooks Trophy for Player of the year: Sean Farquharson (Niagara Falls)

Congratulations to the winners
Port hockey1

Re: 2015-2016 Award Winners

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hubbert was robbed. He was coach of the year, hands down. 8)

MVP- Anthony Passero or Corey Pawley, IMO. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Bullard is not to happy about it either.

@Bully1961 - I say big joke at the awards tonight my team was shut out.I am pissed off for my players.

Yvan Charrois replied - @Bully1961 no offense but maybe the attitude and respect towards others in the league had something to do with it!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Bullard is not to happy about it either.

@Bully1961 - I say big joke at the awards tonight my team was shut out.I am pissed off for my players.

Yvan Charrois replied - @Bully1961 no offense but maybe the attitude and respect towards others in the league had something to do with it!
Charrois? The guy who was banned by the league in the past. That's rich! :lol: :lol:

His reply only proves Bullard's point. The league has a vendetta, so they take it out on the kids. How mature of those involved with selecting the awards. :roll:

That's alright, let's set a GOJHL record with 20+ goals in each of the first 4 playoff games. Seriously, take out that anger on the ice. Light the lamp as many times possible!

Nobody can take away the records this special group is about to set. :) :wink:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Its not the league though, every other team in the conference votes. Thats how they determine the winners not someone from the league picks. Which other ones could you give them? You cant give anyone on their rookie of the year. Too many players could be MVP.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Its not the league though, every other team in the conference votes. Thats how they determine the winners not someone from the league picks. To be honest I think Charrois comment is pretty accurate.
It was accurate. But that proves a point too. This isn't the kindness league. Bullard does more than enough for his players. Personal feelings from the other team's shouldn't take away from great seasons kids had. Just because they play for Caledonia... It's asinine!

I believe those same hypocrites were more than happy to make deals with Caledonia over the last couple of years to get their leftovers.

I know full well the teams vote. That was what I was saying, those people who cast their votes, ignorance doesn't even begin to describe it. Taking personal vendettas out on a group of kids. Sickening.

This just shows what a pathetic joke the voting system is. Time to get with the times and have the fans cast ballots online.

I'm glad those involved feel good about themselves. They just stuck it to a group of kids. They must have put their big-boy pants on before voting. :oops:

These are the kind of people involved in this development league? People with large ego's and people with vendettas towards kids?

Bravo GHL, Bravo. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt074 :smt074
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:Its not the league though, every other team in the conference votes. Thats how they determine the winners not someone from the league picks. To be honest I think Charrois comment is pretty accurate.
It was accurate. But that proves a point too. This isn't the kindness league. Bullard does more than enough for his players. Personal feelings from the other team's shouldn't take away from great seasons kids had. Just because they play for Caledonia... It's asinine!

I believe those same hypocrites were more than happy to make deals with Caledonia over the last couple of years to get their leftovers.

I know full well the teams vote. That was what I was saying, those people who cast their votes, ignorance doesn't even begin to describe it. Taking personal vendettas out on a group of kids. Sickening.

This just shows what a pathetic joke the voting system is. Time to get with the times and have the fans cast ballots online.

I'm glad those involved feel good about themselves. They just stuck it to a group of kids. They must have put their big-boy pants on before voting. :oops:

These are the kind of people involved in this development league? People with large ego's and people with vendettas towards kids?

Bravo GHL, Bravo. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt074 :smt074
There is always going to be someone upset of the outcome whichever way it is done.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

True enough. But there should be effort made to get the awards where they belong. I could understand Caledonia only getting one award to even things out. But this is just asinine.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

2015-2016 Golden Horseshoe Conference Awards
Awards
Recipients
Rob Judge Memorial Award (Most Regular Season Goals)
Matthew Hore – Caledonia Pro-Fit Corvairs
Russell Masterson Memorial Award (Most Valuable Player)
Ben Hughes – Ancaster Avalanche
Pat Murphy Award (Most Regular Season Points)
Corey Pawley – Caledonia Pro-Fit Corvairs
GOJHL League Award (Most Regular Season Points in the GOJHL)
Cecil Jones Memorial Award (Most Gentlemanly Player)
Nicholas Dozzi – St. Catharines Falcons
J.P. Thomas Memorial Award (Most Improved Player)
Holden Garlent – Fort Erie Meteors
Tony Bloomfield Award (Lowest Goals Against)
Caledonia Pro-Fit Corvairs
Mark Sinclair & Liam Conway
Brent Rebel Award (Rookie of the Year)
Danial Singer – Fort Erie Meteors
Golden Horseshoe 1st Place Award
Dave Dunham Award (Most Value Defenseman)
Sean Farquharson – Niagara Falls Canucks
Volunteers of the Year
Nike Simpson – Ancaster Avalanche
Ray (Razor) McCollan – Caledonia Pro-Fit Corvairs
Anne Marie Martin – Fort Erie Meteors
Scott Stenhouse – Niagara Falls Canucks
Simon Belanger – Pelham Panthers
Sydney Mines – St. Catharines Falcons
Jennifer Wedlake – Thorold Blackhawks
Moen Richard – Welland Canadians
Tom Kelly Memorial Award (Coach of the Year)
Frank Pietrangelo – Niagara Falls Canucks
Corporal Tyler Crooks Memorial Award (Golden Horseshoe Player of the Year)

Hubbert should be coach of the year
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

caledonia's fault they didn't win awards. how was Pawley not nominated for MVP? He'd probably win if nominated same with Most Improved it should have been Brown or Luscombe not sinclair. not like Bianchi was going to beat Singer who had 31 goals for rookies. what awards did they deserve besides that? I think its good they spread the wealth around. good for fort erie winning some awards
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I am not sure how you can give 1 guy on Caledonia MVP because really they are all MVPs so giving it to someone on another team is good. How can you give a 20 year old rookie of the year? I guess you could consider Shaefer or Bianchi but over Singer? No way.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:2015-2016 Golden Horseshoe Conference Awards
Awards
Recipients
Rob Judge Memorial Award (Most Regular Season Goals)
Matthew Hore – Caledonia Pro-Fit Corvairs
Russell Masterson Memorial Award (Most Valuable Player)
Ben Hughes – Ancaster Avalanche
Pat Murphy Award (Most Regular Season Points)
GOJHL League Award (Most Regular Season Points in the GOJHL)
Cecil Jones Memorial Award (Most Gentlemanly Player)
Nicholas Dozzi – St. Catharines Falcons
J.P. Thomas Memorial Award (Most Improved Player)
Holden Garlent – Fort Erie Meteors
Tony Bloomfield Award (Lowest Goals Against)
Mark Sinclair & Liam Conway
Brent Rebel Award (Rookie of the Year)
Danial Singer – Fort Erie Meteors
Golden Horseshoe 1st Place Award
Dave Dunham Award (Most Value Defenseman)
Volunteers of the Year
Nike Simpson – Ancaster Avalanche
Ray (Razor) McCollan – Caledonia Pro-Fit Corvairs
Anne Marie Martin – Fort Erie Meteors
Scott Stenhouse – Niagara Falls Canucks
Simon Belanger – Pelham Panthers
Sydney Mines – St. Catharines Falcons
Jennifer Wedlake – Thorold Blackhawks
Moen Richard – Welland Canadians
Tom Kelly Memorial Award (Coach of the Year)
Frank Pietrangelo – Niagara Falls Canucks
Corporal Tyler Crooks Memorial Award (Golden Horseshoe Player of the Year)

Hubbert should be coach of the year
Thank you for posting the rest, I only posted the ones that were voted on.
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

Only 1 award matters to me (and probably most of the players in the league) and it's not handed out until the beginning of May....
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

Hubert and pietranglo Did both deserve coach of the year as for mvp. Cally stills wins without pawley. Although pawley should be player of the year I believe everything else was pretty goodo
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Coach of the year should have been Rob Hubbert, look what he has done this year.
Player of the year should have been Corey Pawley. I don't think there has been a better player this year.
The MVP Ben Hughes I like, he's a horse out there. Ancaster plays their top 6 guys a lot.
But the thing I don't like about Hughes is he's a diver. If he gets hit, forget about the MVP Award this guy could win an Academy Award.
I like M. Hore and A. Passero better. Another good pick would have been J. Horodzyejczyki.
But I guess Ancaster needed to win an award.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

arcprohd wrote:Only 1 award matters to me (and probably most of the players in the league) and it's not handed out until the beginning of May....
Yep that should be the only thing Caledonia should be worrying about not these other awards
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Coach of the year should have been Rob Hubbert, look what he has done this year.
Player of the year should have been Corey Pawley. I don't think there has been a better player this year.
The MVP Ben Hughes I like, he's a horse out there. Ancaster plays their top 6 guys a lot.
But the thing I don't like about Hughes is he's a diver. If he gets hit, forget about the MVP Award this guy could win an Academy Award.
I like M. Hore and A. Passero better. Another good pick would have been J. Horodzyejczyki.
But I guess Ancaster needed to win an award.
I agree on Hubbert they had 16 more points this year but again its an award that is voted upon by every other team and not to many other teams are fans of him.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Check the nominees list before you post. Corey Pawley was not nominated for MVP.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Check the nominees list before you post. Corey Pawley was not nominated for MVP.
He should've been.
bluenose

Post by bluenose »

The only thing Pawley should have been nominated for was most time with the puck.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

bluenose wrote:The only thing Pawley should have been nominated for was most time with the puck.
The kid looked like he was on another level most nights that I saw him. He and Brown really stood out on Caledonia. :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

bluenose wrote:The only thing Pawley should have been nominated for was most time with the puck.
Yeah the puck seems to follow all the good players
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:Hubbert was robbed. He was coach of the year, hands down. 8)

I wouldn't say robbed. But, good argument for Hubbert. If It wasn't Hubbert, then Pietrangelo was a great pick. Had little to work with. Lost his number 1 goalie, and got the team to finish top four with a strong finish as well (except against fort erie ha).
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I'm glad Charrois said what he said. He's exactly right. Caledonia doesn't have the respect from management of any team in the league, because of their shenanigans.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

The only award Ben Hughes deserves is Most Succesful Dives in a year...or most consecutive dives in a year. Either or!
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

StCathFalcons wrote:

I'm glad Charrois said what he said. He's exactly right. Caledonia doesn't have the respect from management of any team in the league, because of their shenanigans.
Yvan Charrios is a goof! And I can't say I agree with this statement because many GM's and coaches I know seem to buddies with everybody, except for Toffolo!
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote:This just shows what a pathetic joke the voting system is. Time to get with the times and have the fans cast ballots online.
The perfect way to make voting not a joke - online voting?

L O L :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Mike Bullard "The Bull pen radio talk show starts today at 2-3 pm,I will take all your feedback about the awards n my thoughts"

Bully1961 has his own talk show on Jukasa Radio 93.5 on Wednesday's from 2-3pm. Listen online at http://www.jukasaradio.ca @ProFitCorvairs
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Hubbert was robbed. He was coach of the year, hands down. 8)

I wouldn't say robbed. But, good argument for Hubbert. If It wasn't Hubbert, then Pietrangelo was a great pick. Had little to work with. Lost his number 1 goalie, and got the team to finish top four with a strong finish as well (except against fort erie ha).
I used 'Robbed' as a pun... Rob Hubbert. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:
StCathFalcons wrote:

Yvan Charrios is a goof! And I can't say I agree with this statement because many GM's and coaches I know seem to buddies with everybody, except for Toffolo!
Well stated. :)