Falcons coaching staff, hypocrisy

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Falcons coaching staff, hypocrisy

Post by Port hockey1 »

I found it funny how the Falcons assistant coach makes a point of mentioning the Falcons were missing several key players when they lost those recent games to Caledonia. But he doesn't say a word about Caledonia being down several key players last night. :lol: :lol:

The hypocrisy is too much! The only mention of the missing Caledonia players was by the author of the article. And he says they sat several players. Um no, several key players were suspended. :roll:

But that's Bill.P, always writing half truths and being careful not to offend anyone in from the Falcons. :smt004

The Falcons earned that win. They played hard and held things together the last several minutes of the game. They have a great team. Just pointing out the obvious. :smt006 :)

Edit: Ok, he said "even with the guys they were missing that's a good hockey team".
IMO, he's acting like it's two different situations, when it isn't.

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2016/02/26 ... e-corvairs
Falcons edge Corvairs

By Bill Potrecz, The Standard
Friday, February 26, 2016 9:40:27 EST PM

Tanner Allen’s value to the St. Catharines Falcons goes well beyond goals and assists.

The 20-year-old forward is at his best when he is crashing and banging, something he did to great effect Friday.

Allen was a key contributor with his physical play — he even dropped the gloves early in the third — as the Falcons edged the Caledonia Corvairs 4-3 in a Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League, Golden Horseshoe Conference game at Jack Gatecliff Arena.

The win improved St. Catharines’ record to 33-11-2-3 while the Corvairs dropped to 42-4-1-2. Two of Caledonia’s losses have been to the Falcons. Fort Erie and Niagara Falls have also defeated the Corvairs in regulation time.

“I like it a lot, it’s part of my game,” Allen said when asked about the physical nature of his game. “That’s why I’m here. St. Catharines wanted me to bring a lot of energy to the team. That’s what I’m trying to do and I thought I did a pretty good job at that tonight.”

Allen was picked up from Niagara Falls for Phillip Chadder at the trade deadline and has provided the Falcons with some much needed grit.

“I sparked the bench with a few good hits and a pretty good fight (versus Ryan Punkari) at the end,” Allen said. “That what they want from me so I’m going to keep doing it.”

Falcons coach Wes Wolfe appreciates what Allen brings to the table.

“He knows his role and plays hard for our team,” Wolfe said. “He brings energy and plays physical. That fight really sparked our bench. That’s why he’s here.

“What he brings to the table really showed tonight.”

Davis Brown gave the Covairs a 1-0 lead 12 minutes in before Tyler Jackson tied it on an nice individual effort two minutes later. The Corvairs held a 12-7 edge in shots.

Broderick Kelly gave the Falcons their first lead early in the second with a power-play marker. Nichols Dozzi then padded the lead with his 29th of the season with under a minute to play before Jackson scored again to increase the lead to 4-1.

The Corvairs then added a pair of late goals to make things interesting.

The game meant nothing to either team in the standings — Caledonia sat several key regulars — but Wolfe will take the win.

“When we went and played there and they beat us we were really short in our lineup,” Wolfe said. “You have to play the game regardless. Even with the guys they were missing, that’s a really good hockey team.

“Momentum is really important at this time of year heading into the playoffs. We’ll take the two points and it doesn’t matter to me who was playing for them.”

The Falcons lost forward Tyler Hildebrandt (upper body) after he was shaken up following a big hit on the first shift of the game.

Falcon facts: Jackson Parker, Romaeo D’Intino, Jack Webb and Connor Hill did not dress for the Falcons.... Blake Luscombe, Austin Brown, Mitch Fitzmorris, Nick Zotti, Matt McCartney, Tyler Hill, Jonathan Schaefer and Jake Brown were scratched for the Corvairs.... Service Dog Archer, named in memory of Hamilton police officer Daryl Archer, dropped the puck at centre ice. Daryl Archer, son of Falcons president Brent Archer and long-time volunteer Pam Archer, took his life to post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) suicide last April. The Falcons hosted the United by Trauma group, which names service dogs in memory of First Responders that have taken their life to PTSD suicide.

BPotrecz@Postmedia.com

twitter @BillPStandard

SCOOP

Standard Star of the Game: Falcons forward Tyler Jackson with a pair of goals.

For the St. Catharines Falcons: Jackson 2 (19, 20); Nicholas Dozzi (29); Broderick Kelly (10).

For the Caledonia Corvairs: Matthew Hore (43); Jordan Brown (3); Davis Brown.

Game stats: Shots on goal: By St. Catharines on Liam Conway (32); by Caledonia on Cam Gray (24); Power plays: St. Catharines 2-for-4, Caledonia 2-for-6; Penalty minutes: St. Catharines 35, Caledonia 19.

Attendance: 656.

Up next: The Falcons wrap up the regular season Saturday in Fort Erie. They open the first round of the playoffs at home next Friday versus Welland.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Falcons coaching staff, hypocrisy

Post by Port hockey1 »

Scoring & penalty summery;
SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
Caledonia - Davis Brown (power play) (Corey Pawley, Matthew Hore) 11:41
St. Catharines - Tyler Jackson (power play) (Mitchell Webb, James Guest) 13:43
Period 2
St. Catharines - Broderick Kelly (power play) (Brandon Cercone, Jake Evans) 1:47
St. Catharines - Nicholas Dozzi (Jake Evans, Owen Green) 18:51
Period 3
St. Catharines - Tyler Jackson (Mitchell Webb) 5:51
Caledonia - Jordan Brown (power play) (Daniel Volpe, Corey Pawley) 9:48
Caledonia - Matthew Hore (Daniel Volpe, Jordan Brown) 16:14

PENALTIES
Period 1
St. Catharines - Jamie Bennett - (Kneeing) (KNE), 2 MIN, 3:06
St. Catharines - Anthony Postiglione - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 10:32
Caledonia - Domenic Evangelista - (Tripping) (TR), 2 MIN, 12:47
Period 2
Caledonia - Matt Rimac - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 1:11
St. Catharines - Brandon Vuic - (Roughing) (Double Minor) (RO), 4 MIN, 3:05
Caledonia - Ryan Moran - (Roughing) (RO), 2 MIN, 3:05
Caledonia - Jordan Brown - (Roughing) (RO), 2 MIN, 4:36
St. Catharines - Brandon Vuic - (Roughing) (RO), 2 MIN, 8:44
St. Catharines - Brandon Vuic - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 8:44
Caledonia - Chadd Bauman - (Roughing) (Double Minor) (RO), 4 MIN, 8:44
Period 3
St. Catharines - Tanner Allen - (Fighting) (Major) (FI), 5 MIN, 4:54
St. Catharines - Tanner Allen - (Fighting) (Game Misconduct) (GM30), 0 MIN, 4:54
Caledonia - Ryan Punkari - (Fighting) (Major) (FI), 5 MIN, 4:54
Caledonia - Ryan Punkari - (Fighting) (Game Misconduct) (GM30), 0 MIN, 4:54
St. Catharines - Ty Learn - (Holding) (HO), 2 MIN, 6:26
St. Catharines - Jake Evans - (Roughing) (Double Minor) (RO), 4 MIN, 10:16
Caledonia - Michael Arch - (Roughing) (RO), 2 MIN, 10:16
St. Catharines - Anthony Postiglione - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 14:07
St. Catharines - Jamie Bennett - (Interference) (INT), 2 MIN, 17:45
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
CC1

Post by CC1 »

What are you whining about, he is giving credit to Caledonia by saying even without the suspended players, they are still a good hockey team, as in well-rounded. :roll:

Interesting that when Vuic was in the box, saying nothing, the same ref (who he called a slur and was rightfully suspended for) was chirping him and even opened the penalty box door asking if he wanted more. Vuic said nothing but smiled and the ref told him he was gone. When did it start being okay for refs to instigate like that? I know you were complaining about some refs last weekend but these clowns were ridiculous. The refs were calling the scoreboard, not the game.

Both teams played their back up goalies too, maybe saving the # 1's for playoffs? Good strong game by both teams and kudos to the Falcons for the win.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Was at the game last night and enjoyed what was a hard fought, well played, hard hitting and fairly clean fast paced hockey game.For the Corvairs, considering the people they had out,(7, I believe) the guys player their hearts out. They battled throughout the whole game. The Falcons are well structured and also played a sound fast pace game. They were also missing 3 players from their starting line up. :smt001

Why was it not ok for the St. Catharines coach to mention that his team was short handed when the Corvairs handed them their asses on a plate but it was ok for the Corvairs GM to mention he was going into St.Catharines against a great team, 9 men short ? Hockey is also a game where mind games are played and both teams do it well. After all these are the best two teams in the Horseshoe and will do what ever is necessary to get into each others head. :smt064

Corvairs coach, if you don't show control how do you expect your players to react. You've BEEN THERE and DONE That, give them the leadership you displayed when you played in the NHL
St.Catharines goalie threw up all over the ice with 18 seconds left in the game. :smt078
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

CC1 wrote:What are you whining about, he is giving credit to Caledonia by saying even without the suspended players, they are still a good hockey team, as in well-rounded. :roll:

Interesting that when Vuic was in the box, saying nothing, the same ref (who he called a slur and was rightfully suspended for) was chirping him and even opened the penalty box door asking if he wanted more. Vuic said nothing but smiled and the ref told him he was gone. When did it start being okay for refs to instigate like that? I know you were complaining about some refs last weekend but these clowns were ridiculous. The refs were calling the scoreboard, not the game.

Both teams played their back up goalies too, maybe saving the # 1's for playoffs? Good strong game by both teams and kudos to the Falcons for the win.
I think every time Caledonia and St Catharines play there short guys. It's part of the game.
Your wrong it was RabJohn who called the slur on Vuic in Caledonia.
But I thought the ref did a good job by giving him a 10 min misconduct and sending him to the dressing room.
With a double minor for roughing and another roughing penalty it was time to get him off.
In his defense I think he was trying to get at Bauman for the hit (clean) on Hildebrandt least I hope so.
Good to see both teams play there backups. The Standard is wrong Caledonia outshot St Catharines 32 to 24
The young Hagerville callups played good. The Hagersville line of Arch, Fletcher and Evangelista.
What a thrill for them to start the game and the start of every period. Fletcher had a great game on the draw.
They didn't look out of place at all.Felt sorry for young defenceman Aaron Painter on Tyler Jackson goals.
When you got one of the best scorer in the GOJHL coming down your side in full flight must be scary.
It was a good game Caledonia had there changes.
I don't think Allen will want to fight Punkari again. Punkari won that fight.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

CC1 wrote:What are you whining about, he is giving credit to Caledonia by saying even without the suspended players, they are still a good hockey team, as in well-rounded. :roll:

Those were all OHL guys who called a great game. Ya I'm sure vuic didn't say a word. Guy is a knob. Gave him a 10 because he was running around like the idiot he is. And as for the missing guys.... when St. Catharines was missing all of their players I believe the score was 9-1,.... Caledonia had 8 regulars out last night and skated with the Falcons the whole time. cpuld have even tied it but Hore missed a wide open net with about 2 minutes to play.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Let's not forget that Vuic in the QMJHL was there to be an "idiot". The kid has had troubles in the pass with DUIs and some drug issues which is why Halifax didn't want him this year, you know he is just going to be running around out there.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Were all the Caledonia players that did not play last night were on suspensions plus early in the game one of the better Falcons players was hurt and did not paly the rest of the game. I think it was the first time the Corvairs lost two games in a row. It looks like Kitchener will now have the best over all record.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

Caledonia Fan, you are right about Rabjohn, I just repeated what Vuic said to someone I know who was in the box with him and he didn't say a thing to the ref. The point is, I've never seen a ref open the door to jaw with a player before

Sunnydays, were you AT the game? :roll: Right about the Caledonia team but totally off base about the reffing.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Was at the game last night and enjoyed what was a hard fought, well played, hard hitting and fairly clean fast paced hockey game.For the Corvairs, considering the people they had out,(7, I believe) the guys player their hearts out. They battled throughout the whole game. The Falcons are well structured and also played a sound fast pace game. They were also missing 3 players from their starting line up. :smt001

Why was it not ok for the St. Catharines coach to mention that his team was short handed when the Corvairs handed them their asses on a plate but it was ok for the Corvairs GM to mention he was going into St.Catharines against a great team, 9 men short ? Hockey is also a game where mind games are played and both teams do it well. After all these are the best two teams in the Horseshoe and will do what ever is necessary to get into each others head. :smt064

Corvairs coach, if you don't show control how do you expect your players to react. You've BEEN THERE and DONE That, give them the leadership you displayed when you played in the NHL
St.Catharines goalie threw up all over the ice with 18 seconds left in the game. :smt078
Great post! :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:
BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Was at the game last night and enjoyed what was a hard fought, well played, hard hitting and fairly clean fast paced hockey game.For the Corvairs, considering the people they had out,(7, I believe) the guys player their hearts out. They battled throughout the whole game. The Falcons are well structured and also played a sound fast pace game. They were also missing 3 players from their starting line up. :smt001

Great post! :)
I agree GREAT POST
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

CC1 wrote:Caledonia Fan, you are right about Rabjohn, I just repeated what Vuic said to someone I know who was in the box with him and he didn't say a thing to the ref. The point is, I've never seen a ref open the door to jaw with a player before

Sunnydays, were you AT the game? :roll: Right about the Caledonia team but totally off base about the reffing.
yes I was thanks, why do you think the Reffing was so bad? Because they didn't call every single thing on Caledonia like every other ref in the league?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sunnydays wrote:
Those were all OHL guys who called a great game. Ya I'm sure vuic didn't say a word. Guy is a knob. Gave him a 10 because he was running around like the idiot he is. And as for the missing guys.... when St. Catharines was missing all of their players I believe the score was 9-1,.... Caledonia had 8 regulars out last night and skated with the Falcons the whole time. cpuld have even tied it but Hore missed a wide open net with about 2 minutes to play.
Another great post! :)