Caledonia Corvairs work to do

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia Corvairs work to do

Post by Caledonia Fan »

For the first time this year there's doubts about a 3 peat. Discipline issues a big problem.
Brain Rizzetto saying" We ran into a hot team and we’re not always showing up to play,”
“We went with a short bench because of some of our guys putting themselves first ahead of the team,” said a frustrated Rizzetto.
So I take it this means they sat some guys out.
We had hopes to go into the playoffs strong and ready but it looks like we’re going to have to limp,” says Rizzetto. “The last few games we have not been the team we need to be to win our third Sutherland Cup. We’ve got some work to do.”
Going into the weekend they got St Catharines Fri and Ancaster Sat.
They have to win both games to have a shot at the best team in the GOJHL
Right now Kitchener is the best.All Kitchener got to do is beat Guelph.

https://tworowtimes.com/sports/corvairs ... y-meteors/
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia Corvairs work to do

Post by Port hockey1 »

Rizzetto pretty much summed it up. Take note boys. This team is special, a little self discipline will go a long ways.

Other teams, maybe even some officials will try to get under your skin. When that happens, just remind yourselves that keeping your composure means a Sutherland Cup for you, and an off-season of misery for those who've been trying to rile you up all season.

Discipline boys, discipline! :) :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BRIAN RIZZETTO

Post by BRIAN RIZZETTO »

TO QUOTE MARK TWAIN....REPORTS OF OUR DEATH HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGERATED....AND CALEDONIA FAN I'VE NEVER GONE A DAY IN MY LIFE WITHOUT SOME SORT OF DOUBT...I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL GET OUR ACT TOGETHER,BUT I'M ALSO A REALIST...WE GO INTO ST CATHARINES WITHOUT (9)NINE REGULARS IN OUR LINE UP THIS FRIDAY AGAINST A GREAT TEAM...KITCHENER HAS EARNED TOP HONOURS,BUT I'M VERY PROUD OF OUR BOYS AND I BELIEVE WE'LL BE READY TO GO COME MARCH 3RD TO DEFEND OUR TITLE(BUT IT SURE WON'T BE EASY)-I RESPECT MANY TEAMS IN THE GOJHL CALEDONIA FAN,BUT I ONLY FEAR ONE...AND THAT'S MY OWN TEAM...HOWEVER OUR TEAM WILL BE READY TO GO,TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

If Caledonia looses tonight I hope the suspensions will not be a built in excuse, I agree penalties will cost the Corvairs of a three peat.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

all 3 conference leaders lead the GOJHL in penalties, I bet that hasn't happened before or for a long time.
End of a era in Leamington
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

three dog night wrote:If Caledonia looses tonight I hope the suspensions will not be a built in excuse, I agree penalties will cost the Corvairs of a three peat.
Just remember that works both ways. Caledonia magement have never use suspensions as a excuse. In fact the night St Catharines beat us we 5 or 6 guys out on suspensions. Did you know that.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

flyers2011 wrote:all 3 conference leaders lead the GOJHL in penalties, I bet that hasn't happened before or for a long time.
Port Hockey and myself have mention this on this forum lot's.
I think of the top three Leamington is really getting picked on. I don't know if picked on is the right words. At least Caledonia and Kitchener do get more PP time. Leamington don't even get the PP time.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

three dog night wrote:If Caledonia looses tonight I hope the suspensions will not be a built in excuse, I agree penalties will cost the Corvairs of a three peat.
Of course it wont be an excuse. That's the Falcons line anyways. :P

Seriously though, this team can absorb the suspensions with a solid 60 minutes of work. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Well, 9 guys out on suspension and still Caledonia is barely edged out by the second-place Falcons. Guess that says a lot about depth of Corvairs. If only they had a few more 20-yr-old OHLers, they may have won. I guess half the roster is not enough. Management better get back to work.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Heard from a reliable source that there is a bonafide conspiracy afoot within the GO where officials are promised one dozen Timbits and a large double-double following any game in which they call bad penalties only against the top teams, but especially Leamington, and to really pick on them by never giving them pp opportunities. The problem is so serious the OPP has been conducting an investigation. Only a matter of time before this case gets busted wide open.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:Well, 9 guys out on suspension and still Caledonia is barely edged out by the second-place Falcons. Guess that says a lot about depth of Corvairs. If only they had a few more 20-yr-old OHLers, they may have won. I guess half the roster is not enough. Management better get back to work.
It says a lot about their commitment and work ethic. Nice try though. :lol: :smt117 :smt064
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:Heard from a reliable source that there is a bonafide conspiracy afoot within the GO where officials are promised one dozen Timbits and a large double-double following any game in which they call bad penalties only against the top teams, but especially Leamington, and to really pick on them by never giving them pp opportunities. The problem is so serious the OPP has been conducting an investigation. Only a matter of time before this case gets busted wide open.
So you have your opinions, others have theirs. :smt117 :smt023
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Caledonia got two goals in the second half of the third period too make it a close loss but were behind 4 to 1 most of the third I though the net came off before Caledonia third goal but it does not matter now.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Qwerty wrote:Heard from a reliable source that there is a bonafide conspiracy afoot within the GO where officials are promised one dozen Timbits and a large double-double following any game in which they call bad penalties only against the top teams, but especially Leamington, and to really pick on them by never giving them pp opportunities. The problem is so serious the OPP has been conducting an investigation. Only a matter of time before this case gets busted wide open.
It's funny but you forgot to mention the 20-vr-old OHLers like all your other posts. I'm keeping track.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Thanks for the chuckle. :wink:
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic