Fort Erie

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Fort Erie

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Fort Erie is the hottest team in the GHC,on a seven game winning streak.
Winning the last three games against teams ahead of them in the standings.
But I can't find nothing in the sports news about this.
There going to meet Niagara Falls in the first round.
These two teams were close all year Niagara Falls winning 4 out of 7
Two went to OT. Niagara Falls talking about Caledonia but they better not forget about Fort Erie.
Port hockey1

Re: Fort Erie

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Fort Erie is the hottest team in the GHC,on a seven game winning streak.
Winning the last three games against teams ahead of them in the standings.
But I can't find nothing in the sports news about this.
There going to meet Niagara Falls in the first round.
These two teams were close all year Niagara Falls winning 4 out of 7
Two went to OT. Niagara Falls talking about Caledonia but they better not forget about Fort Erie.
They have blown my mind this season. Hubbs is a great coach, also got to give management full credit for finding the talent to compete.

But their win over Ancaster wasn't as surprising as the score was. Ancaster looks to be in a rut. They surrendered 7 goals to Pelham the game before losing 6-2 to Fort Erie.

But Fort Erie deserves a ton of credit, those boys work their butts off. Similar compete level to Caledonia most of the time, just not as much skill.

Fort Erie's power play has been lethal too. :)

BTW: Check the Fort Erie Review. They cover the Met's more than the other papers... Sometimes.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Here's a story on Ancaster.

http://www.hamiltonnews.com/sports-stor ... mine-stan/
Ancaster has a big loss loseing Calas for the rest of the season
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:Here's a story on Ancaster.

http://www.hamiltonnews.com/sports-stor ... mine-stan/
Ancaster has a big loss loseing Calas for the rest of the season
That's a huge blow. They have a great offense and underrated defense though. Hopefully the new goalie settles in.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hubbert said this team reminds him of one of his best squads from his first tenure in Port Colborne.

“I think it was a switch. It just turned,” he said. “I had a Port Colborne team that turned the switch one time and anything can happen. This team reminds me of when I had (Andrew) Burkholder, (Josh) Wall, (Scott) Barnes, (Scott) Corbett, Jeff (Kapitanchuk). They remind me of those guys.”

That Port Colborne team was loaded with talent but also had a reputation for doing whatever it took to win — be it fight, block a shot, or score a goal.
I remember those days well. I still remember them jumping up and down as a group by the net after taking a 3-1 series lead over Niagara Falls. Port went on to win that series in 7 games on an overtime goal by Chris Huneault.

Niagara Falls finished in 1st place that season, Port Colborne finished in 4th or 5th place. That was the 2nd round.

Port lost the finals to Thorold in 6 games. Game 6 ended with tempers flaring. Thorold was leading 1-0 late in the third period. Josh Wall scored with 30 seconds left on the clock, but the goal was waived off, they claimed the net was off its moorings.

I remember Wall smashing his stick on the boards in frustration. The game ended 1-0, and I believe Thorold went on to win the Sutherland Cup!

After all these years, I'll bet even currant ref and former Port Colborne Sailor Josh Wall will say that feels like the season that should've been...

Those were the good old days... Shortly after that year the team was sold, the 'Sailors' franchise was bankrupted, and the team was moved to Pelham!

Hubbs brought back some great memories!!! :D :D :D

But how did he forget to mention Mike Hominuck? He was a great player!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hubbert, who certainly deserves coach of the year consideration, then couldn’t resist gloating a bit.

“There was a coach in the league when we were close to being tied in points who said we wouldn’t win another game in the league and we kind of ran with that,” he said. “I put that on the wall and our guys took that to heart. The last time I looked we were ahead of them.”
Big mistake, Hubbert knows how pump up his players... So the last thing you want to do is give him a quote. He used to post that stuff in Port too. And it works!
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

They had a great regular season but playoffs a different animal esp playing a team in a best of seven they can pick up your traits I see Niagara Falls still wining the series in six games,
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

three dog night wrote:They had a great regular season but playoffs a different animal esp playing a team in a best of seven they can pick up your traits I see Niagara Falls still wining the series in six games,
I agree. I might even go with 5 games.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Fort Erie shocks Caledonia 5 to 2 I think the last tow goals were empty netters but a win a win.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

three dog night wrote:Fort Erie shocks Caledonia 5 to 2 I think the last tow goals were empty netters but a win a win.
Yep 2 empty netters but goals are goals. What do you know another 7 game suspension coming for a Caledonia player to. Jake Brown match for threatening one of the officials