Penalties costly as Fort Erie defeats St.Catharines.

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Penalties costly as Fort Erie defeats St.Catharines.

Post by Port hockey1 »

Fort Erie defeated St.Catharines 7-5 tonight. I pity the team that draws Fort Erie in the 1st round of the playoffs. Because I doubt they're going home early this season.

One thing that continues to stand out is the goals being scored on the Falcons number 1 goaltender. The first couple of months he looked like a MVP candidate. But lately he's really been struggling a lot of nights. This is a major concern for the Falcons at this point in the season.

The dagger tonight was three straight power play goals in the third period by Fort Erie. It broke a 4-4 game wide open. But the Falcons took a lot of penalties in the 3rd period. Was it a fairly called period?

Looking at the boxscore sure makes you wonder...
Period 3
Fort Erie - Alex Hurren - (Hooking) (HKG), 2 MIN, 4:19
St. Catharines - Anthony Postiglione - (Tripping) (TR), 2 MIN, 9:15
St. Catharines - Jake Evans - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 10:04
St. Catharines - Broderick Kelly - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 14:12
St. Catharines - Tyler Jackson - (Goalie Interference) (INTGT), 2 MIN, 16:01
St. Catharines - Anthony Postiglione - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) (USC), 2 MIN, 17:04
St. Catharines - Anthony Postiglione - (Abuse of Officials) (Misconduct) (M21), 10 MIN, 17:04
St. Catharines - Chris Johnstone - (Abuse of Officials) (Game Misconduct) (GM21), 0 MIN, 17:04
St. Catharines - Chris Johnstone - (Travesty of Game) (Gross Misconduct) (GRM60), 0 MIN, 17:04
St. Catharines - Tyler Jackson - (Abuse of Officials) (Misconduct) (M21), 10 MIN, 17:49
Fort Erie - Paolo Sivilotti - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 18:20
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
three dog night

Re: Penalties costly as Fort Erie defeats St.Catharines.

Post by three dog night »

Was not at the game but I see Mike Bolibruck was the ref enough said . Has for the Falcon goaltender back to back games he still plays like an MVP against Caledonia esp at the Jack. See Caledonia lost today did they use all their offense up against Pelham .
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Right now Niagara Falls and Fort Erie will meet in round one with the winner likely playing Caledonia in round two if there are no upsets.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

three dog night wrote:Was not at the game but I see Mike Bolibruck was the ref enough said . Has for the Falcon goaltender back to back games he still plays like an MVP against Caledonia esp at the Jack. See Caledonia lost today did they use all their offense up against Pelham .
lol, No, other teams can compete with them...Only Pelham's AAA team can't.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102