Caledonia 17 Pelham 1

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Guylafleur

Caledonia 17 Pelham 1

Post by Guylafleur »

Caledonia pumps 103 shots on goal......Pelham only dresses 12 skaters. What an embarrassment for that league and especially the kids who had the balls to even show up for this slaughter. I am not sure what satisfaction you get to continue to pound a team into submission.......Caledonia must reward players on a points basis. Makes the league look bad IMO
Qwerty

Re: Caledonia 17 Pelham 1

Post by Qwerty »

Embarrassing for everyone involved. Speaks volumes about the class-act show Bullard is running in Caledonia. Good game, coach. You really showed 'em what a powerhouse you've built. You must feel proud.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Out of all that the only new additions to the record book are the most goals in one period - 10. Plus the saves by a goaltender (Pelham) Stephen Harvey goes in as the most (86).
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

lets be honest here if it was your team you would want to run up the score. I know if my son had the chance his team Would run it up too. It's not your fault when a team can't keep up with the others!
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

It's a poor reflection on the coach and a poor reflection on the league. You rein it in. You play your youngsters and 4th line more. Oops, forgot... Corvairs don't have any youngsters. Hell, the Corvairs don't even have any non ex-OHLers. Then they go out and spank a Jr C cal really team with a short bench? When there's such a glaring lack of parity between teams, there's obviously a problem that needs some attention.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

They were shirt benched too.
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

One of the highest Jr. B games occurred when Leamington thumped the Windsor Bulldogs 30-3 (Jan. 1995); Windsor came with 11 players including only one goalie. That goalie was injured eight minutes into the game and after two frames it was out of control with the Flyers having scored 14 times. Coach Vern Stenlund told his crew not to try to score. Some of the Leamington players even helped let the defenseman turned goalie practice before the third started (it was allowed back then.) But it seemed like everything just went in. It wasn't a case like Caledonia vs Pelham. In that Leamington-Windsor game both teams got together post-game and had pizza and soft drinks. Stenlund even apologized for having such an outrageous score. Caledonia wouldn't have done anything like that and they have thumped Pelham pretty hard all year long. Not any wonder their players have many of the top scoring spots. Looks like it's all about ego and personal stats. Class act? Hardly.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

When you show up with 12 skaters against the top team what do you expect? This isn't house league you play to win.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

RecKing wrote:One of the highest Jr. B games occurred when Leamington thumped the Windsor Bulldogs 30-3 (Jan. 1995); Windsor came with 11 players including only one goalie. That goalie was injured eight minutes into the game and after two frames it was out of control with the Flyers having scored 14 times. Coach Vern Stenlund told his crew not to try to score. Some of the Leamington players even helped let the defenseman turned goalie practice before the third started (it was allowed back then.) But it seemed like everything just went in. It wasn't a case like Caledonia vs Pelham. In that Leamington-Windsor game both teams got together post-game and had pizza and soft drinks. Stenlund even apologized for having such an outrageous score. Caledonia wouldn't have done anything like that and they have thumped Pelham pretty hard all year long. Not any wonder their players have many of the top scoring spots. Looks like it's all about ego and personal stats. Class act? Hardly.
I don't think the stubborn Tim Toffalo of the Panthers would want to have pizza when he despises the Corvairs!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Guylafleur wrote:Caledonia pumps 103 shots on goal......Pelham only dresses 12 skaters. What an embarrassment for that league and especially the kids who had the balls to even show up for this slaughter. I am not sure what satisfaction you get to continue to pound a team into submission.......Caledonia must reward players on a points basis. Makes the league look bad IMO
Caledonia did nothing wrong, the fact is Leamington, Chatham, Stratford, Kitchener, etc. They would all embarrass Pelam too.

Look at their past! They can't even find Jr.B talent! That's their fault, not anyone else 's. St.Catharines scored 16 and 17 goals on Pelham a few times the last couple of years too.

How many times has Pelham surrendered 10+ goals this season? Caledonia has played close games against all of their opponents lately. It isn't their fault that Pelham's owner wants to embarrass his players and the GOJHL.

Pelham's lack of a team has made a joke out of the GOJHL scoring title. Players from all teams have career nights against them.

Blame Caledonia, yup...Lemmings! 8)
Qwerty » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am

Embarrassing for everyone involved. Speaks volumes about the class-act show Bullard is running in Caledonia. Good game, coach. You really showed 'em what a powerhouse you've built. You must feel proud.
Nope, show's what a pathetic joke Pelham is. Why should Bullard mess up his kids swag because Pelham can't skate with anyone in this league???

Other teams have lit Pelham up with 17 goals the last few years too! They've surrendered 10+ goals countless times this season. That's on their owner, not everyone else, just stop... :oops:
Postby HockeyTalk21 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:54 am

lets be honest here if it was your team you would want to run up the score. I know if my son had the chance his team Would run it up too. It's not your fault when a team can't keep up with the others!
Exactly! Every team fires over 60 shots on goal when they play Pelham. Easing up on them only hurts a teams swag. Why should everyone else need to spare Pelham's feelings, they shouldn't!
Postby Qwerty » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:08 am

It's a poor reflection on the coach and a poor reflection on the league. You rein it in. You play your youngsters and 4th line more. Oops, forgot... Corvairs don't have any youngsters. Hell, the Corvairs don't even have any non ex-OHLers. Then they go out and spank a Jr C cal really team with a short bench? When there's such a glaring lack of parity between teams, there's obviously a problem that needs some attention.
The problem is Pelham!!! Like you said, a Jr.C team. They're a black eye on the league. Blame Caledonia, better gang up on Leamington, St.Catharines, London, Kitchener, Stratford, etc, too. Bacause they'd all destroy Pelham.

Everyone dominates them. Stop shoving the blame where it doesn't belong. Even a member of the Falcons coaching staff said it wasn't Caledonia's fault.

y RecKing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:28 pm

One of the highest Jr. B games occurred when Leamington thumped the Windsor Bulldogs 30-3 (Jan. 1995); Windsor came with 11 players including only one goalie. That goalie was injured eight minutes into the game and after two frames it was out of control with the Flyers having scored 14 times. Coach Vern Stenlund told his crew not to try to score. Some of the Leamington players even helped let the defenseman turned goalie practice before the third started (it was allowed back then.) But it seemed like everything just went in. It wasn't a case like Caledonia vs Pelham. In that Leamington-Windsor game both teams got together post-game and had pizza and soft drinks. Stenlund even apologized for having such an outrageous score. Caledonia wouldn't have done anything like that and they have thumped Pelham pretty hard all year long. Not any wonder their players have many of the top scoring spots. Looks like it's all about ego and personal stats. Class act? Hardly.
Pelham is blown out by everyone. St.Catharines fired 16, and 17 goals in on them a few times over the last few years as well.

Pelham can't even skate with the team that sits one spot ahead of them in the standings. But let's blame all that on Caledonia. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
by Sunnydays » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:42 pm

When you show up with 12 skaters against the top team what do you expect? This isn't house league you play to win.
Exactly! A lot of sour grapes on here. Looking at the Pelham boxscores from the last three years tells the real story here. Guess it's just easier to look for reasons to be mad at Caledonia. :lol: 8) :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

This is Jr B hockey, not house league. The problem here is with the non competitive Pelham team. They are an absolute embarrassment to the OHA. I feel for the players, but they have no business playing at this level. I hope the OHA steps in and does not allow them to compete in the playoffs. It's not fair on the players (both teams), the fans, the officials,and the league. If I am not mistaken, two yrs ago this organization had to get special permission to use players from Jr C teams that had be elimated to finish the season. There is a serious problem with this organization that is a black eye on the GOJHL. I was at the game and trust me the Corvairs did hold back. They could of played 5 on 3 all night and still come away with the win. Coach Mike Bullard was not at the game, so you can stop blaming him for this.
Blades

Post by Blades »

So why are we talking about a team in the West Forum who doesn't compete in the West? Think it's time this topic got moved to the conference in which these teams play.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I had the same thought when I saw this topic, but wasn't home and able to move it.

Now regarding the actual topic, I see both arguments. 103 shots on net? That's a bit ridiculous. Once upon a time, we beat Leamington like 11-0 with 66 shots on net and the question was, did you really need to fire 66 shots?

In their later years, we beat up on Petrolia scoring 10+ goals a game quite frequently. In games like that, it gets to a point where the boys aren't really trying, they just throw the puck on net and it goes in.

As a fan, you always question, why did they have to beat up on my team like that? Or, man, they need to do something about that team. And I get the argument of not pulling back and slowing down because that can screw you over for the next game. It's the same as lowering your game to match that of your competition.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

because theres probably people that don't go on the other forum. Don't see the big deal about it being on here. If u look at Pelham earlier in the season they had some OT losses and some very close games but I think they finally just gave up and who can blame them. People down here even know the Pelham owner and say hes the worst in Junior Hockey.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:because theres probably people that don't go on the other forum. Don't see the big deal about it being on here. If u look at Pelham earlier in the season they had some OT losses and some very close games but I think they finally just gave up and who can blame them. People down here even know the Pelham owner and say hes the worst in Junior Hockey.
I agree about it being here. It's GOJHL news, Pelham's inability to ice a competitive team is messing up the scoring race, that affects the West as well.

Plus, comparisons are being made between Caledonia and West, and Mid-West teams. No reason that this can't be here, imo :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Vairs61 wrote:This is Jr B hockey, not house league. The problem here is with the non competitive Pelham team. They are an absolute embarrassment to the OHA. I feel for the players, but they have no business playing at this level. I hope the OHA steps in and does not allow them to compete in the playoffs. It's not fair on the players (both teams), the fans, the officials,and the league. If I am not mistaken, two yrs ago this organization had to get special permission to use players from Jr C teams that had be elimated to finish the season. There is a serious problem with this organization that is a black eye on the GOJHL. I was at the game and trust me the Corvairs did hold back. They could of played 5 on 3 all night and still come away with the win. Coach Mike Bullard was not at the game, so you can stop blaming him for this.
Well said.

Too many people who don't even have a clue about what's going on chiming in here. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:So why are we talking about a team in the West Forum who doesn't compete in the West? Think it's time this topic got moved to the conference in which these teams play.
1. Pelham's inability to ice a Jr.B team is GOJHL news.
2. Pelham's house league roster is making our league scoring race into a joke.
3. People are unfairly blaming Caledonia when the top teams from the West would do the same to Pelham.

Since the above involves the West, why does it need to be moved? :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:

Now regarding the actual topic, I see both arguments. 103 shots on net? That's a bit ridiculous. Once upon a time, we beat Leamington like 11-0 with 66 shots on net and the question was, did you really need to fire 66 shots?

In their later years, we beat up on Petrolia scoring 10+ goals a game quite frequently. In games like that, it gets to a point where the boys aren't really trying, they just throw the puck on net and it goes in.

As a fan, you always question, why did they have to beat up on my team like that? Or, man, they need to do something about that team. And I get the argument of not pulling back and slowing down because that can screw you over for the next game. It's the same as lowering your game to match that of your competition.
Well stated.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You do know that Kawalec from Kitchener is only 6 points behind Pawley?

If they didn't have those games with Pelham, Pawley would be 6th in scoring, Hore 9th and Brown 24th.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You do know that Kawalec from Kitchener is only 6 points behind Pawley?

If they didn't have those games with Pelham, Pawley would be 6th in scoring, Hore 9th and Brown 24th.
That's pretty much my point when I say that Pelham is screwing up the scoring title.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:You do know that Kawalec from Kitchener is only 6 points behind Pawley?

That's pretty much my point when I say that Pelham is screwing up the scoring title.
It's hard to say where Pawley would be if Pelham was more competitive. But that's all players in the GHL not just Calendonia. Everyone beats up on Pelham. It effects the scoring leaders and all the other stats for the GHL. Every other stat is effective by this GF, GA, WINS, special teams. The only stat that it doesn't affect is Goalie Leaders. Most teams play there back ups when they play Pelham.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Every stat in the league (on pointstreak anyway) is most likely inaccurate because nobody cares or looks after it (Which really would be hard you would need a bunch of people going over film and such). Points are added anywhere and everywhere. Power play and PK numbers are off because of the 10 minute issue. Only things that are right are the records, goals for/against etc in the standings. Heck even goalie numbers probably are not right because not everyone always switches goalies when it happens or adds empty net goals. Human error happens all the time to which doesn't help but not much you can do unless somebody catches it after the fact.
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Jesus some of you are just straight out there.. Literally will find anything or any excuse to pick on us Corvairs. I highly suggest reading St. Catharines (Our Biggest Rivals) Coach Wes Wolfes article and take it from someone who's seen both sides of the situation.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so9k5q

As well RocketGirl, appreciate you telling OHAHOCKEYFAN what email I signed up with, not that I'm really bothered by it not really hiding what I have to say. (Don't say you didn't either because you've told someone what Email Caledonia Fan signed up with when he asked) now moving on to your statement about where our players would be in points if they didn't play "Pelham" .. Please do that for every player in the leagues points when they play the bottom teams. That's not really fair and I expected better from "the Queen of the GOJHL" but let's face it you're on the "i hate Caledonia bandwagon"

Please read Wes Wolfes article as he explains something that the fans don't really understand. As well for all of you blaming Bullard he wasn't there. As well our 4th line did play majority of the game. We also had defence playing forward (Chadd Bauman scored his first & second goals of the season) they had him out trying for a hat trick towards the end of the game. Our kids weren't even really throwing body checks because they felt mercy for there opposition, there was no chirping either, a couple pad taps from our players to there goalie when he would make a nice save. Even our coaches would clap and yell nice save. Nobody even tweeted the final score because why bother? None of you see this when you don't actually attend the game. You just see the box score, 17-1, 103 shots - 14 .. Yes looks bad.. But maybe factor everything else in before you judge.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Nice accusation there, same with your buddy Sunnydale, but I don't know who OHAHockeyFan is, nor did I tell anyone what your email is. I maybe said to somebody, yes that's who that is, or do you know anyone named this, but I didn't give an email address.

And I didn't go through the entire scoring leaders, because Port's comment is that Pelham is effecting the scoring race, and since this topic is on Caledonia, I took their 3 in the top 10 scoring.

As for me hating on Caledonia, and me being on the 'I hate Caledonia' bandwagon, I'm not. I honestly don't care what you guys do because my team is not at the level to compete with you. You and all the rest of the Corvairs volunteers are all mad at me for my article. The only slam I took against you is the player development this season and since you're that bothered by it, it must be true because if it wasn't, you wouldn't care.
Queen of the GOJHL

GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Right Queen, it's all true. we don't develop players at all.. Let's see starting from our first year in Caledonia and a good buddy of mine in the AHL
Brandon Montour - AHL
Connor Murphy - USHL
Tyler Norrie - Was in CIS
Matt Quilty - NCAA
Nate Mitton- CIS
Adam Brady - USHL
Fabrizio Ricci - QMJHL
Spencer Gourlay - NCAA
Matthew Henderson - OHL
Cody Brown - CIS (was at western)
Kyler Nixon - Pro deal in Swiss turned down for work
Jeff Malott - AJHL
Cosimo Fontana - Pro in Italy
Jayme Forslund - CIS
Ian Sylves - NCAA
Colin Furlong - CIS
JC Thiverge - QMJHL
Mitch Purdie - NCAA
Connor Bramwell - QMJHL
Tyler Lepore - NCAA
Austin McEneny - QMJHL
Erick Delaurentis - CIS
Luke Sinclair - pro in Sweden
Kevin Entmaa - NCAA

I can go back to Brantford if you'd like Queen, and don't give me this BS on how these players were already developed when they came to us. As far as some of the others, there's more to developing on the ice queen. Our owners want to see the kids succeed off ice just as much as they do On ice.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

RocketGirl wrote:Nice accusation there, same with your buddy Sunnydale, but I don't know who OHAHockeyFan is, nor did I tell anyone what your email is. I maybe said to somebody, yes that's who that is, or do you know anyone named this, but I didn't give an email address.

And I didn't go through the entire scoring leaders, because Port's comment is that Pelham is effecting the scoring race, and since this topic is on Caledonia, I took their 3 in the top 10 scoring.

As for me hating on Caledonia, and me being on the 'I hate Caledonia' bandwagon, I'm not. I honestly don't care what you guys do because my team is not at the level to compete with you. You and all the rest of the Corvairs volunteers are all mad at me for my article. The only slam I took against you is the player development this season and since you're that bothered by it, it must be true because if it wasn't, you wouldn't care.
First off if you're going to bring me into this can you please get my user name right, I mean obviously you've been looking at my account and yet again telling people who someone is, ya you're a great person to have in charge! So let me take a minute to tell you to hop off .... Queen of nothing at it again!
Last edited by Blades on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Well well well rg getting yourself in trouble with caledonia now.
End of a era in Leamington
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

flyers2011 wrote:Well well well rg getting yourself in trouble with caledonia now.
Sounds like she got in trouble with Leamington too!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Re: the points mess.

I am saying that every team has players with too many points due to blowing out Pelham repeatedly. Not just Caledonia. Pelham has given up 10+ goals so many times this season that I've lost count.

Don't worry, I'm working on a thread that shows just how badly having Pelham in the GHL has screwed everything up. I'll be posting it in the coming days. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Jesus some of you are just straight out there.. Literally will find anything or any excuse to pick on us Corvairs. I highly suggest reading St. Catharines (Our Biggest Rivals) Coach Wes Wolfes article and take it from someone who's seen both sides of the situation.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so9k5q

As well RocketGirl, appreciate you telling OHAHOCKEYFAN what email I signed up with, not that I'm really bothered by it not really hiding what I have to say. (Don't say you didn't either because you've told someone what Email Caledonia Fan signed up with when he asked) now moving on to your statement about where our players would be in points if they didn't play "Pelham" .. Please do that for every player in the leagues points when they play the bottom teams. That's not really fair and I expected better from "the Queen of the GOJHL" but let's face it you're on the "i hate Caledonia bandwagon"

Please read Wes Wolfes article as he explains something that the fans don't really understand. As well for all of you blaming Bullard he wasn't there. As well our 4th line did play majority of the game. We also had defence playing forward (Chadd Bauman scored his first & second goals of the season) they had him out trying for a hat trick towards the end of the game. Our kids weren't even really throwing body checks because they felt mercy for there opposition, there was no chirping either, a couple pad taps from our players to there goalie when he would make a nice save. Even our coaches would clap and yell nice save. Nobody even tweeted the final score because why bother? None of you see this when you don't actually attend the game. You just see the box score, 17-1, 103 shots - 14 .. Yes looks bad.. But maybe factor everything else in before you judge.
Great post. You just proved that many people come on here and make things up simply because they envy Caledonia. You explained how Caledonia did a lot of different things to ease up on Pelham.

Believe me, I've seen the Corvairs play, they could've scored 30 goals in that game if they wanted to. Again, Pelham is the problem here, not Caledonia. 8)