Caledonia 17 Pelham 1

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

HockeyTalk21

Re: Caledonia 17 Pelham 1

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:You do know that Kawalec from Kitchener is only 6 points behind Pawley?

If they didn't have those games with Pelham, Pawley would be 6th in scoring, Hore 9th and Brown 24th.
That's pretty much my point when I say that Pelham is screwing up the scoring title.
Kawalec has 31 points VS the three bottom teams. Which I point out that in games vs Cambridge and Brantford it is okay for him to get 8 point nights but not alright for Corvairs players?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Right Queen, it's all true. we don't develop players at all.. Let's see starting from our first year in Caledonia and a good buddy of mine in the AHL
Brandon Montour - AHL
Connor Murphy - USHL
Tyler Norrie - Was in CIS
Matt Quilty - NCAA
Nate Mitton- CIS
Adam Brady - USHL
Fabrizio Ricci - QMJHL
Spencer Gourlay - NCAA
Matthew Henderson - OHL
Cody Brown - CIS (was at western)
Kyler Nixon - Pro deal in Swiss turned down for work
Jeff Malott - AJHL
Cosimo Fontana - Pro in Italy
Jayme Forslund - CIS
Ian Sylves - NCAA
Colin Furlong - CIS
JC Thiverge - QMJHL
Mitch Purdie - NCAA
Connor Bramwell - QMJHL
Tyler Lepore - NCAA
Austin McEneny - QMJHL
Erick Delaurentis - CIS
Luke Sinclair - pro in Sweden
Kevin Entmaa - NCAA

I can go back to Brantford if you'd like Queen, and don't give me this BS on how these players were already developed when they came to us. As far as some of the others, there's more to developing on the ice queen. Our owners want to see the kids succeed off ice just as much as they do On ice.
Thanks for posting that list. I know that the Corvairs are one of the best when it comes to developing players. The list proves that.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Well well well rg getting yourself in trouble with caledonia now.
If these accusations are true, she should be removed as a Mod. There's no reason to be telling anyone people's private business who post on here.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:You do know that Kawalec from Kitchener is only 6 points behind Pawley?

If they didn't have those games with Pelham, Pawley would be 6th in scoring, Hore 9th and Brown 24th.
That's pretty much my point when I say that Pelham is screwing up the scoring title.
Kawalec has 31 points VS the three bottom teams. Which I point out that in games vs Cambridge and Brantford it is okay for him to get 8 point nights but not alright for Corvairs players?
No that isn't the point. If Kitchener played Pelham, their leading scorer would have even more points. It's the fact that Pelham is the only team in the league with a Jr.C roster.

It isn't Caledonia's fault at all, it's on Pelham. I guess it's just easier to take shots at the top team for some. :)
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

Kawalec vs. Stratford (2nd best team in his conference)

6GP 7G 5A 12PTS

Pawley vs St. Catharines (2nd best team in his conference)

6GP 0G 4A 4PTS
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
flyers2011 wrote:Well well well rg getting yourself in trouble with caledonia now.
If these accusations are true, she should be removed as a Mod. There's no reason to be telling anyone people's private business who post on here.
It wouldn't be the first time Port.
End of a era in Leamington
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:Kawalec vs. Stratford (2nd best team in his conference)

6GP 7G 5A 12PTS

Pawley vs St. Catharines (2nd best team in his conference)

6GP 0G 4A 4PTS
Shows depth on Caledonia!
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

no question

so many different reasons why guys get points. ice time could be one too. maybe kawalec plays a ton more than pawley

both great players. i for one dont think pelham makes the big difference. pawley would score just as many against brantford or cambridge
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Chiming back in here simply to thank those who've shed more light on what happened in this game, in particular, and more generally with the long-standing problem in Pelham. It is too easy to jump to conclusions sometimes based on box scores alone (guilty as charged). No one's disputing Caledonia is a great team, obviously, and that management/ownership has built/bought their team within league rules. And anyone can see from the standings that Pelham is a big-time "have not" organization. But any way you slice it, 17-1 is a ridiculous score and thats why it's become a lightening rod for attracting criticism concerning all that's wrong in the league in terms of disparity. That Pelham is getting pounded by 10+ goals on a regular basis and has an average GA over 7 is a clear signal that it's time to pull the plug. I hope league officials take some action to put an end to this farce.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:no question

so many different reasons why guys get points. ice time could be one too. maybe kawalec plays a ton more than pawley

both great players. i for one dont think pelham makes the big difference. pawley would score just as many against brantford or cambridge
Ok that's fair to say. But my point is when Pelham gives up 10 or more goals on most nights, it pads players stats. It doesn't have to be the top players stats. With Caledonia, they roll four lines. So it doesn't surprise me that their best players haven't exactly raked in the points in the Pelham games.

But teams that feature a top unit that gets a ton of ice time... Teams like Ancaster, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, etc, their top players always have career nights against Pelham.

I'm working on stats at the moment to prove my point. I realize that these kids still have big games against the other lower tier teams, but in Pelham's case we're seeing kids with 5-7 point nights.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:Chiming back in here simply to thank those who've shed more light on what happened in this game, in particular, and more generally with the long-standing problem in Pelham. It is too easy to jump to conclusions sometimes based on box scores alone (guilty as charged). No one's disputing Caledonia is a great team, obviously, and that management/ownership has built/bought their team within league rules. And anyone can see from the standings that Pelham is a big-time "have not" organization. But any way you slice it, 17-1 is a ridiculous score and thats why it's become a lightening rod for attracting criticism concerning all that's wrong in the league in terms of disparity. That Pelham is getting pounded by 10+ goals on a regular basis and has an average GA over 7 is a clear signal that it's time to pull the plug. I hope league officials take some action to put an end to this farce.
Excellent post. :)
JRatchford

Post by JRatchford »

As a parent who has spent many years in the rink I see it fair to say that when a team like Pelham is in the loop ... It isn't any fun for them or their oppenents . I'm not sure what the reasoning behind all the the bashing of Caledonia is about. I feel bad for the boys who play for Pelham but you gotta give them credit for showing up. There was a comment regarding lack of development in the Corvairs. I would like to tell you 1st hand that is so far from the truth. They have taken my son and turned him into a top defenceman in the league. I am very proud and excited for the opportunities that have come and the future for all the hard work will be worth it. You Dont have to like the Corvairs but you damn well better respect them...they are big , they are strong and they are on the hunt for that 3rd Suthy 8) :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

JRatchford wrote:As a parent who has spent many years in the rink I see it fair to say that when a team like Pelham is in the loop ... It isn't any fun for them or their oppenents . I'm not sure what the reasoning behind all the the bashing of Caledonia is about. I feel bad for the boys who play for Pelham but you gotta give them credit for showing up. There was a comment regarding lack of development in the Corvairs. I would like to tell you 1st hand that is so far from the truth. They have taken my son and turned him into a top defenceman in the league. I am very proud and excited for the opportunities that have come and the future for all the hard work will be worth it. You Dont have to like the Corvairs but you damn well better respect them...they are big , they are strong and they are on the hunt for that 3rd Suthy 8) :smt006
Well said. J. Ratchford. :)
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BRIAN RIZZETTO

Post by BRIAN RIZZETTO »

Hey port jratchford is no mr...no secret here,it's todd ratchford's mother...great post jean...and thanks for trusting us with you son the past 3 seasons. I love the fact you post under your own name as well. and thankyou port for your support of corvair hockey...stay golden
JRatchford

Post by JRatchford »

I applaud the support for the GOJHL. This is a place to meet and discuss what the GOJHL is all about. I believe it is very important for anyone involved or is a fan of this hockey, to help raise it up and make it the best product it can be. From the Locker rooms to the stands, it is some of the best hockey in Ontario. The game of hockey has brought our family so much joy. I think it is only right to express how grateful we are. I urge you to go out and gather your friends and family. Get them out to watch and cheer on your team. This league has allowed young boys to mature into fine young men. The future is very bright for this league. It will be a contributing factor into higher level hockey for years to come. The money invested by the owners could go elsewhere... but they choose to invest in their passion. As my family approaches the final months of our sons Jr years...I would like to wish not only the Corvairs , but every young man who has laced up their skates and brought their love for the game to the ice, all the best in the Playoffs and beyond. I write under my own name because it gives validity to a post. Cheers
Jean Ratchford #95 :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BRIAN RIZZETTO wrote:Hey port jratchford is no mr...no secret here,it's todd ratchford's mother...great post jean...and thanks for trusting us with you son the past 3 seasons. I love the fact you post under your own name as well. and thankyou port for your support of corvair hockey...stay golden
No problem, they are a pleasure to watch. Some of the best hockey I've ever seen at this level. First class organization all the way :)