Full credit to Caledonia

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Full credit to Caledonia

Post by Port hockey1 »

I would like to give Caledonia full credit for playing 60 minutes of hockey tonight. For anyone who isn't aware, Caledonia bombed Pelham 17-1 and out-shot them 103-14, including 30+ shots in all three periods. The Corvairs scored 10 2nd period goals.

At this time of the season teams need to be fine tuning for the playoffs. Taking the foot off the gas pedal will mess up a teams swag. Pelham wouldn't be able to beat most Jr.C teams, that's the fault of the Pelham owner, not Caledonia!

Every other team in this league has played close games against Caledonia, only Pelham can't skate with them. So no need to make up faulty excuses Mr. Owner.(Pelham)

So again, full credit to Caledonia for playing 60 minutes of hockey. It must have been a very boring game. Well I guess shooting for the 100 shots on goal milestone kept them motivated.

Every team needs to do this, it's the only way to force the OHA's hand on the Pelham problems. :) :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Re: Full credit to Caledonia

Post by StCathFalcons »

The poor Pelham goalie(s). Plus side, over 83 saves! That should be the storyline. WOW!!
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Full credit? What a joke. Twelve players on the bench of the worst team in the league, and you take the boots to them? Maybe Bullard could tune the boys up some more by scheduling some exhibition games in a girls ringette league.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Why do not we kick Caledonia out of the league 17 20 year old on the team way too much. And why did not Caledonia play their fourth line more when the game got out of hand.
drafty

Post by drafty »

If the OHA would even consider eliminating a team that can't beat anybody (which they certainly won't), then they must also look hard at the team that nobody else can beat, n'est pa?
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

1st off- Wow 103 shots. Impressive.
2nd- How does Tim expect to compete with teams when he doesn't go out and find players that want to be there
3rd- No One will get eliminated from GOJHL, aslong as Pelham pays the fee there good to go
4th- As much as people think 17-1 is a joke you can't tell a team with skill not to play, especially when there up against a team who most likely knows what the outcome will be
Finally- Feel bad for Pelham goalie getting left in for a full 60 minutes.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I wasn't at the game. I can't watch Pelham . Went to Hagersville instead. Everyone acting on this forum 17 - 1 is something new.When you get the best team against the worse this happens.It's not Caledonia fault that Pelham had a short bench . Caledonia went with 15 guys, and played there backup.
Every team Pelham plays the team plays there backup. The whole GHL beats up on Pelham.
Everyone's acting like this is new. Lets go back a few years 2012-2013 season when St Catharines the best team in the conference beat up on Buffalo JR Blades .They played 7 times here' the scores 15-1, 16-3, 8-0, 17-1, 16-0, 12-5, and 6-3. It's same thing everyone beat up on Buffalo they won one game that year.I don't think Mike Bullard was at the game he wasn't at the St Catharines game. May be someone who went to the game can answer that, since some people think this is his fault. And for playing your fourth line anyone who has seen Caledonia play knows they don't have a fourth line. They play 4 lines and any one of them could be number one line. Don't know want to do about Pelham. We all know want happen to the Buffalo JR Blades.
I know want Caledonia and Grimsby did years ago when they went to JR-B they never lasted long they went back down.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

three dog night wrote:Why do not we kick Caledonia out of the league 17 20 year old on the team way too much. And why did not Caledonia play their fourth line more when the game got out of hand.

They did play their fourth line a lot, they each had 4 pts.... Maybe next time they can call up the Caledonia thunder midget team to play against the Panthers.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Sunnydays wrote:
three dog night wrote:Why do not we kick Caledonia out of the league 17 20 year old on the team way too much. And why did not Caledonia play their fourth line more when the game got out of hand.

They did play their fourth line a lot, they each had 4 pts.... Maybe next time they can call up the Caledonia thunder midget team to play against the Panthers.
Hey now. We don't want there midget program embarrassing the Panthers. Maybe there bantams or peewees will be a tighter game!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:Full credit? What a joke. Twelve players on the bench of the worst team in the league, and you take the boots to them? Maybe Bullard could tune the boys up some more by scheduling some exhibition games in a girls ringette league.
Again, if Pelham's owner put a product on the ice that should be there, this doesn't happen. Pelham is the only team in the GOJHL to get blown away by these scores the last two years.

Full credit to Caledonia. The Pelham owner needs to go. :D
Postby three dog night » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 am

Why do not we kick Caledonia out of the league 17 20 year old on the team way too much. And why did not Caledonia play their fourth line more when the game got out of hand
Then we better kick St.Catharines, Kitchener, Leamington, London, etc, out of the league too. Because they would all destroy Pelham, St.Catharines already has a couple of times the last few years.

Everyone else skates with Caledonia, enough with the bs excuses. :)

Postby drafty » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:27 am

If the OHA would even consider eliminating a team that can't beat anybody (which they certainly won't), then they must also look hard at the team that nobody else can beat, n'est pa?
And what other team only has 3 or 4 Jr.B caliber players on it? Because Pelham is the only team I see with no future. You can't build a product when the players won't come back, and the owner has no contacts left.

Postby HockeyTalk21 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:50 am

1st off- Wow 103 shots. Impressive.
2nd- How does Tim expect to compete with teams when he doesn't go out and find players that want to be there
3rd- No One will get eliminated from GOJHL, aslong as Pelham pays the fee there good to go
4th- As much as people think 17-1 is a joke you can't tell a team with skill not to play, especially when there up against a team who most likely knows what the outcome will be
Finally- Feel bad for Pelham goalie getting left in for a full 60 minutes
Well stated. 3rd- That will make the league continue to look pathetic, imo.

by Caledonia Fan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:38 pm

I wasn't at the game. I can't watch Pelham . Went to Hagersville instead. Everyone acting on this forum 17 - 1 is something new.When you get the best team against the worse this happens.It's not Caledonia fault that Pelham had a short bench . Caledonia went with 15 guys, and played there backup.
Every team Pelham plays the team plays there backup. The whole GHL beats up on Pelham.
Everyone's acting like this is new. Lets go back a few years 2012-2013 season when St Catharines the best team in the conference beat up on Buffalo JR Blades .They played 7 times here' the scores 15-1, 16-3, 8-0, 17-1, 16-0, 12-5, and 6-3. It's same thing everyone beat up on Buffalo they won one game that year.I don't think Mike Bullard was at the game he wasn't at the St Catharines game. May be someone who went to the game can answer that, since some people think this is his fault. And for playing your fourth line anyone who has seen Caledonia play knows they don't have a fourth line. They play 4 lines and any one of them could be number one line. Don't know want to do about Pelham. We all know want happen to the Buffalo JR Blades.
I know want Caledonia and Grimsby did years ago when they went to JR-B they never lasted long they went back down.
I agree, Pelham would be destroyed by Leamington, London, Chatham, Kitchener, Stratford, etc. So I don't know why everyone blames Caledonia. Like you said, it wasn't long ago that the Falcons were lighting them up too.

The rest of the league doesn't have to baby Pelham and worry about their feelings. The fans should be filling their owners inbox with angry e-mails. They're the problem, not the rest of the league. :D
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102