Wild night in St.Catharines

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Wild night in St.Catharines

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Caledonia Corvairs defeated the St.Catharines Falcons 1-0 in double OT. If not for the great play of the Falcon goalie, it probably would've been a 4 or 5 nothing game. But it could've went the other way as well, Falcons were robbed a few times by great goaltending.

Something that was odd, a slashing penalty assessed to T.Hill of the Corviars led to all 10 players on the ice receiving 10 minute misconducts.
Period 2
St. Catharines - Tanner Allen - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - Owen Green - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - Justin Felker - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - James Guest - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - Romaeo D`Intino - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Jacob Bianchi - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Jake Brown - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Ryan Moran - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Davis Brown - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Tyler Hill - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Tyler Hill - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
As people can see, Caledonia isn't what they've been made out to be. They can clearly be competed with come the finals.

Something else that happened, and I don't care why it happened, still disgusting;
Period 3
Caledonia - Daniel Volpe - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 9:23
Caledonia - Daniel Volpe - (Spitting) (Match) (MP29), 0 MIN, 9:23
I wasn't impressed.

While I didn't make it out to the game, I was given a review. I missed a great game. :(
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Re: Wild night in St.Catharines

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote: While I didn't make it out to the game, I was given a review. I missed a great game. :(

Does this really need to be added? This is like saying the sun will rise as part of tomorrow's forecast, it's just a given :lol:

But yes great game. The Camedonia Camels are just that little bit better. Just seems to be a hump the Falcons can't seem to get over.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:The Caledonia Corvairs defeated the St.Catharines Falcons 1-0 in double OT. If not for the great play of the Falcon goalie, it probably would've been a 4 or 5 nothing game. But it could've went the other way as well, Falcons were robbed a few times by great goaltending.

Something that was odd, a slashing penalty assessed to T.Hill of the Corviars led to all 10 players on the ice receiving 10 minute misconducts.
Period 2
St. Catharines - Tanner Allen - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - Owen Green - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - Justin Felker - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - James Guest - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
St. Catharines - Romaeo D`Intino - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Jacob Bianchi - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Jake Brown - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Ryan Moran - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Davis Brown - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Tyler Hill - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 10:44
Caledonia - Tyler Hill - (Inciting an Opponent) (Misconduct) (M22), 10 MIN, 10:44
As people can see, Caledonia isn't what they've been made out to be. They can clearly be competed with come the finals.

Something else that happened, and I don't care why it happened, still disgusting;
Period 3
Caledonia - Daniel Volpe - (Slashing) (SL), 2 MIN, 9:23
Caledonia - Daniel Volpe - (Spitting) (Match) (MP29), 0 MIN, 9:23
I wasn't impressed.

While I didn't make it out to the game, I was given a review. I missed a great game. :(
It was a great game. Falcon goalie played great. But I don't think the game would have been 4 or 5 nothing.
Corvairs goalie played just as good. He made some great saves. Caledonia did a good job on the PK for 7 min.
I took the game as Caledonia won by one goal in double OT. It could have been 3-2 if not for the goaltenders. Not Caledonia blanks Falcons
I think the refs just wanted to show they weren't going to put up with any of that crap.
Volpe what were you thinking

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... nk-falcons
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I can't believe I didn't get to this game!

The spitting major, man I hope that was just...I don't know, a misunderstanding? Things can get crazy, emotional, down right nuts. But to spit, is one of the most disgusting and disrespectful thing a player can do in a game. Representing the game, and his team.

So, again, I sure hope it wasn't as bad as the penalty reads.

As for all of the 10 minute inciting penalties....maybe the refs just wanted to throw the boys in the sin bin, without actually penalizing a team (powerplay) over these shenanigans. (Although I see Caledonia got a slashing on the stoppage :shock: )

A moral victory for the Falcons I'd say. I appreciate they kept this one close, but I still say if they had to go right back at it tomorrow, or Sunday, Caledonia would have a field day with them. Falcons need more recovery time. If they 'happen' to meet in the finals, I still say Caledonia in 4 or 5.

Great headline though, battle of the keepers. 1-0 game with both goalies making huge saves. What else could you ask for?
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Well originally Volpe was just getting a 2 until Jake Evans had a meltdown crying to the refs. The ref initially didn't call anything other then a slash until Evans complaint. Evans last night is lucky he didn't get his head done in after a couple of the wacks he gave the Corvair goalie. Evans needs to have his head done in, I've seen him play a lot in the last 2 years always asking people to fight then he won't but then will go after a smaller guy....good game however. Playoff game for sure
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

StCathFalcons wrote:I can't believe I didn't get to this game!

As for all of the 10 minute inciting penalties....maybe the refs just wanted to throw the boys in the sin bin, without actually penalizing a team (powerplay) over these shenanigans. (Although I see Caledonia got a slashing on the stoppage :shock: )
Going to do something unusual here, actually post about something actually seen on the ice.

Incident started after a late whistle slash on goaltenders glove (slashing penalty). Scrum ensued in the corner. players quickly paired off with only a couple still wrestling. Ref told players to separate, they didn't, he throw a hissy fit and gave them all 10's. Speaks more of the official than the players if you ask me.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Well originally Volpe was just getting a 2 until Jake Evans had a meltdown crying to the refs. The ref initially didn't call anything other then a slash until Evans complaint. Evans last night is lucky he didn't get his head done in after a couple of the wacks he gave the Corvair goalie. Evans needs to have his head done in, I've seen him play a lot in the last 2 years always asking people to fight then he won't but then will go after a smaller guy....good game however. Playoff game for sure

LOL, yes they handed out a major for spitting because the other player complained. Do you even listen to yourself? That just down right hilarious there.

At least one of the four officials saw it happen, If I had to say, it appear linseman Dillon Hastings was the first to be motioning the player to his bench, I suspect he witnessed it. Not sure if he spit at the linseman or an opponent.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Maybe you can pay for Jake Evans, Broderick Kelly and Joel Horodieciz to take some acting classes Goalie34! After your done with your house league career!!
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

lol I don't know who hockeytalk21 is but you're a good troll. mad respect for your troll game
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Well originally Volpe was just getting a 2 until Jake Evans had a meltdown crying to the refs. The ref initially didn't call anything other then a slash until Evans complaint. Evans last night is lucky he didn't get his head done in after a couple of the wacks he gave the Corvair goalie. Evans needs to have his head done in, I've seen him play a lot in the last 2 years always asking people to fight then he won't but then will go after a smaller guy....good game however. Playoff game for sure
I don't like Evans, I'm just going to leave it at that.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Maybe you can pay for Jake Evans, Broderick Kelly and Joel Horodieciz to take some acting classes Goalie34! After your done with your house league career!!
Nice! :lol: 8)
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:I don't like Evans, I'm just going to leave it at that.
I literally LOL at this. Straight and to the point. :D I'm a Falcons fan, and he drives me insane! He needs to be tuned, just to be reminded he's not what he pretends to be.