Fourth conference?

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Fourth conference?

Post by Port hockey1 »

I read the following in an article on the Local Sports Report;

There were rumours rolling in the Shoe this month. Some insiders were indicating that Caledonia and Ancaster could be leaving the Conference next year and joining the fourth conference, centered around Toronto, that has been speculated for the past few years. A big reason the fourth Conference has never happened was a lack of quality applicants. With the addition of Caledonia and Ancaster and possibly five or so new cities jumping on board, they may be able to launch that fourth Conference. Buffalo is also rumoured to be rejoining the Golden Horseshoe after a leave of absence.
So, would there be additional teams to fill a fourth conference, or would teams from the currant three conference's be divided up to make a fourth?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Re: Fourth conference?

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Would love to see this happen. Wouldn't need a wild card for Sutherland Cup anymore. I am all for it if they can find more teams to do it.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

The rumor I've heard is that Caledonia and an unnamed second team will be jumping to the OJ for next season with Woodstock and another Junior C team filling in the holes with the GOJHL.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

ILuvHackey wrote:The rumor I've heard is that Caledonia and an unnamed second team will be jumping to the OJ for next season with Woodstock and another Junior C team filling in the holes with the GOJHL.
I heard the Brantford 99'ers are. When I first heard it, I laughed out loud hahaha
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I heard something about Niagara Falls.

I'm sure they're working towards this 4th Conference, but I don't think it's something that will happen for the 2016-17 season, most likely 17-18 at the earliest.

They're going to have to add teams and do a re-alignment of the existing teams, and that will take some time.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

jfvoll wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:The rumor I've heard is that Caledonia and an unnamed second team will be jumping to the OJ for next season with Woodstock and another Junior C team filling in the holes with the GOJHL.
I heard the Brantford 99'ers are. When I first heard it, I laughed out loud hahaha
I heard Cambridge, being as they're the ones pushing for Junior A status.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Would love to have Grismby back in our conference . I wonder if the other team possible going to Tier tow is Niagara falls has well.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

three dog night wrote:Would love to have Grismby back in our conference . I wonder if the other team possible going to Tier tow is Niagara falls has well.
Don't think you will see Grimsby going anywhere. The Niagara District JR - C very competitive this year. It fact I don't see any JR-C wanting to go JR-B.
JR-C is such a difference mind set. All this talk of JR-B teams leaving the GOJHL that don't sound good. Can't imagine GHL without NF.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Does anyone know anything about the OHA "Premier" league? I'd rather have that than a 4th conferences. Perhaps that's why there's talk of teams leaving the GOJHL loop?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

http://hockeynow.ca/junior/ojhl-looking ... -17-season

Here's an old article on the OJ putting out the interest to to the GOJ about two teams.

Still think it will be something like Caledonia and a team from the Midwest (Cambridge, Kitchener, Brampton?)
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

jfvoll wrote:Does anyone know anything about the OHA "Premier" league? I'd rather have that than a 4th conferences. Perhaps that's why there's talk of teams leaving the GOJHL loop?
The OHA needs to get their head out of their asses, sit down with the NOJ, CCHL, OJ and GOJ and sort out something. Too much crap sometimes.

For all the "Junior B" moniker, most would agree the GOJHL is comparable to the NOJ and not much off of the OJ. Yet Jr B teams are raided like crazy. Theres no Jr. A down this way, either. Just doesn't make sense.

Between the 4 leagues, pick 20-30 teams that can sustain a much larger budget as a premier Junior A league to try rivaling the BCHL and AJHL. Then split into a couple smaller Junior B loops.
Caledonia Fan wrote:
three dog night wrote:Would love to have Grismby back in our conference . I wonder if the other team possible going to Tier tow is Niagara falls has well.
Don't think you will see Grimsby going anywhere. The Niagara District JR - C very competitive this year. It fact I don't see any JR-C wanting to go JR-B.
JR-C is such a difference mind set. All this talk of JR-B teams leaving the GOJHL that don't sound good. Can't imagine GHL without NF.
I heard Woodstock as a Jr. C team that's been pushing to go Jr. B. I could 1000000% see that working.
nfnucks99

Post by nfnucks99 »

Does anyone know when it would be released if a 4th conference is going to be made or any expansion?
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

nfnucks99 wrote:Does anyone know when it would be released if a 4th conference is going to be made or any expansion?
Probably the OHA AGM in June, unless someone accidentally leaks it on Twitter...
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

ILuvHackey wrote: I heard Woodstock as a Jr. C team that's been pushing to go Jr. B. I could 1000000% see that working.
I visited that arena once, it's really nice and large (2000 seats + 500 standing) and I'm sure they can expand the arena if ever there's a possibly of an OHL team.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

jfvoll wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote: I heard Woodstock as a Jr. C team that's been pushing to go Jr. B. I could 1000000% see that working.
I visited that arena once, it's really nice and large (2000 seats + 500 standing) and I'm sure they can expand the arena if ever there's a possibly of an OHL team.
Jr. C to OHL that would be a big jump haha.
three dog night

Get it done
three dog night

I read that Collingwood has applied for a team .
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I don't see this fourth conference happening anytime soon.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102