Anthony Passero- Phantom Points

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

HockeyTalk21

Anthony Passero- Phantom Points

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Mr.Passero must be trying to get exposure for his son Anthony after his other son signed an NCAA agreement. Couldn't help but notice the last few games I've been too when he had 7 assists in 2 games that he wasn't on the ice for 3 of those....
99ersRock

Re: Anthony Passero- Phantom Points

Post by 99ersRock »

They gotta have someone in the leagues top scoring...it's similar to our team in Brantford..fathers looking out for sons.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I knew it was happening for quite some time. That's why I started a thread a while back about his amazing points total in only a few games. I wanted people to take notice.

To be fair though, Lambton Shore's top forward has a few phantom points too. As do several other players in the league. That needs to stop.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Not too familiar with Lambton Shores top player. But for a few goals vs Pelham and Thorold he was celebrating while sitting literally on the bench! But it's just seems odd he goes from having 15pts to 69. Only seen him a few times so if he has improved good for him but just found those stats at the games I saw was interesting..l
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Not too familiar with Lambton Shores top player. But for a few goals vs Pelham and Thorold he was celebrating while sitting literally on the bench! But it's just seems odd he goes from having 15pts to 69. Only seen him a few times so if he has improved good for him but just found those stats at the games I saw was interesting..l
I've seen a lot of kids find a talent they didn't know they had in their last couple of seasons, a lot over the years. But adding phantom points is frustrating. Not much integrity for the game there.

I remember Phillips getting a lot of extra assists his last year in Port. That's what got me really interested in how often it happens.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

don't kid yourselves.
every team does it.
i was at the welland-caledonia game when a caledonia guy blocked a shot, scored on a breakaway and somehow 2 assists show up on pointstreak
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

It happens with every team. Dayne Phillips couple years ago with Port Colborne great example PH. What he finish with 130 points or something? Ya right.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

At a game who keeps track of the asst, goals, pims , shots on goal,
do volunteers, Do the refs have any say?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Refs do when the goals happen they go over and tell timekeepers goal scorer and assists but it can be changed really at anytime and the refs do not know nor do they seem to care. Most teams add assists at end of game when they are approving pointstreak for finalization.
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

OHAhockeyfan
Every post you put on here is always ragging Caledonia.. I'm guessing you're the Same guy who made the Twitter account and keeps sharing the felkner stomping video. We get it You don't like Caledonia. But please don't act like your Falcons are saints to, because we all know the truth behind that.. Anyways take care spencer.. I mean OHAhockeyfan
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

guess again brendan, i mean gojhlfan74

wrong team but close!

by the way, have you put on weight? youre looking a little chunky opening and closing the bench for the vairs on saturday
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Folks calm down. I did not create this thread for people to "harass" one another. Just simply pointing out something. Of course other teams do things but I was getting at was the Passero family. That team only looks out for family members and his son Nic who needed somebody to tie his skate laces bought his kid a scholarship at a community college in the states.
99ersRock

Post by 99ersRock »

That's the only way a beer league player can get a schloarship!
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

HockeyTalk21 wrote:Folks calm down. I did not create this thread for people to "harass" one another. Just simply pointing out something. Of course other teams do things but I was getting at was the Passero family. That team only looks out for family members and his son Nic who needed somebody to tie his skate laces bought his kid a scholarship at a community college in the states.
Happening in every thread in this conference whether we like it or not. If you say something about another persons team in here watch out.
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:guess again brendan, i mean gojhlfan74

wrong team but close!

by the way, have you put on weight? youre looking a little chunky opening and closing the bench for the vairs on saturday
Must of had my rings on?? Usually add afew pounds :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GojhlFan74 wrote:

wrong team but close!

Must of had my rings on?? Usually add afew pounds :)
Nice! 8)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Come on guys, can we not name people on here publicly? I have an idea of who a few regulars are. But I wouldn't ask or say it on the forum.

Send a pm if you want to guess peoples names.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

wrong team but close!

Don't tell me rocket girl has another account.... What's that 4 now? RG the official queen of nothing
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Don't be dragging me into this. I have 1 account. I had 3 at one time, RG, HockeyFan27 and dooder, but I deleted the other 2 a long time ago.

I have no need for anonymous accounts. I proudly say anything and everything as me and don't need to hide behind a computer login name.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.