Caledonia destroys Niagara Falls with no mercy

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia destroys Niagara Falls with no mercy

Post by Port hockey1 »

What a blowout tonight in Niagara Falls. The Caledonia Corvairs of the OHL absolutely crushed Niagara Falls by a whopping score of 5-4 in double OT.

Niagara Falls out shot Caledonia 46-41, but don't let that fool you, the Vairs of the OHL were in complete control for the entire game. It was like an NHL team playing a house league team. Wow, now I see why everyone's so upset with Caledonia.

We can't have blowouts like this in the GOJHL, they must be banished from the league as of now!!

Yeah, sarcasm intended. 8) :lol: :smt098
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Re: Caledonia destroys Niagara Falls with no mercy

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Most of the guys are goons. Cant stay out of the penalty box. Lets see the suspension Mccartney is going to get. Seguin getting a 10 thats real suprising to. Said no one ever.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Most of the guys are goons. Cant stay out of the penalty box. Lets see the suspension Mccartney is going to get. Seguin getting a 10 thats real suprising to. Said no one ever.
They have to defend themselves. Their opposition does everything possible to get under their skin. A lot of stuff is let go that should be whistled down.

This is a pathetic attempt to keep the games as close as possible. The OHA is a joke! They have their refs calling Caledonia games the way 10 year old kids games are called.

At this level there shouldn't be any bias. It makes the league look pathetic. Those travesty of game calls, no, the OHA has made a travesty out of the Caledonia games.

These kids are no different than the ones on the other 25 teams. They can see that a lot of stuff they are called for, doesn't go both ways.

I applaud the players and coach Bullard for holding their ground. The refs make the abuse of officials call as soon as they're questioned.

What about the abuse the Caledonia players have been dealing with for the last two years?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey OHA... :smt097 :smt098 :smt067
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I dont know about last 2 years. This year okay but its there own fault the way they play the game. Of course the refs are going to call it tight because you got guys like Seguin and Mccartney skating around the ice chirping and trying to fight every player on the other team night in and night out. Theyve been the highest penalized team in the league since the beginning of the year and we have all been saying it. They bring it upon themselves if you ask me and I am not a Caledonia hater. Id sure as hell rather see Caledonia 3 peat then St Catharines win to be quite honest.
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Caledonia beat Niagara Falls in overtime they did not destroy them rather see any one win the title than Caledonia.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

It was Sarcasm by PH. Id rather someone new win other then Caledonia or St Catharines to but if its one of those 2 I go with Caledonia
99ersRock

Post by 99ersRock »

Jake Evans on St.Catharines can't go unnoticed. He runs around a lot looking for fights..
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

99ersRock wrote:Jake Evans on St.Catharines can't go unnoticed. He runs around a lot looking for fights..
Pretending he's looking for fights. I'd love to see someone tune him! He's just a mouth piece.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:What a blowout tonight in Niagara Falls. The Caledonia Corvairs of the OHL absolutely crushed Niagara Falls by a whopping score of 5-4 in double OT.

Niagara Falls out shot Caledonia 46-41, but don't let that fool you, the Vairs of the OHL were in complete control for the entire game. It was like an NHL team playing a house league team. Wow, now I see why everyone's so upset with Caledonia.

We can't have blowouts like this in the GOJHL, they must be banished from the league as of now!!

I get your sarcasm...but consider this. Caledonia still scored 5 goals, got 41 shots on net with 127 minutes in penalties. So, ya...I think the point is still made. Best team money will buy (envious, not jealous), skate around like Neanderthal goons...and still win.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

StCathFalcons wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:What a blowout tonight in Niagara Falls. The Caledonia Corvairs of the OHL absolutely crushed Niagara Falls by a whopping score of 5-4 in double OT.

I get your sarcasm...but consider this. Caledonia still scored 5 goals, got 41 shots on net with 127 minutes in penalties. So, ya...I think the point is still made. Best team money will buy (envious, not jealous), skate around like Neanderthal goons...and still win.

What's more interesting is...Niagara scored five even strength goals. THAT is impressive (unless of course I read the game sheet wrong). I don't think any other team has done that to Caledonia this year.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

There's always an excuse...

"they took so many penalties and still had 40+ shots and won... That's a new one.

Everyone knows a certain ex London Knight is there for a reason. It's so guys like Volpe, Pawley, etc aren't goaded into fights.

Last season they had 30 goal scorers forced to drop their gloves and deal with being run into the boards from behind, and countless head shots. So excuse them for protecting their players!

That ex Knight can also play the puck fairly well too. Should I leave a list of the other players in the league that are there for the same reason?...Because I'd be happy to. Except, Caledonia isn't using dead weight, they have a kid who can make a pass and mix things up.

Name something Caledonia is doing that hasn't been done by other teams in the past!

The way I see it is the kids on some of the other teams are no choir boys. Some come on here and say that certain Caledonia players are always chirping, looking for fights. So nobody ever see's the vicious slashes, cross checks, etc???

That's right Caledonia starts everything out there. It has nothing to do with frustrations boiling over on the other bench...Right.

Anyone who's watched some of their games without bias can see what's happening. I'm sure there's been many occasions where a Caledonia player has started stuff. Every team has players who have been guilty of that. But what I'm hearing is how Caledonia is always running their mouths and taking dirty penalty after penalty.

It's very interesting how so many ignore what sets them off on most occasions. Because I saw it in last years playoffs, and I've seen it getting even worse this season. Opposing teams are learning they have more leeway than Caledonia most nights. The ref will be hesitant to make a call when the opposition is tirelessly doing anything they can to slow them down. But as soon as Caledonia retaliates, or does something similar, the refs hand fly's up.

They've either been instructed, or are doing it on their own. But the bottom line is there's rarely a fairly called game! The OHA is to blame, they should be instructing their officials to call the games without bias.

We all see kids get frustrated when they're getting outplayed, or losing. Well Caledonia's players are just as entitled to get frustrated when they're giving it their all and getting no calls.

Take a few whacks to your shins and wrists, then jump into a wall headfirst. Because that's just an example of the abuse I've witnessed Caledonia players taking since last years playoffs. The calls are always very selective. But as soon as a Corvair trips a player, or whacks his shin the refs hand goes flying up.

The kids on that team are no different than the kids on the other 25 teams. As a fan of this league for many years, I'm disgusted with the OHA.

Others can have their opinions, that's fine. I'm just shooting from the hip.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:There's always an excuse...

"they took so many penalties and still had 40+ shots and won... That's a new one.
No excuse, I'm not arguing with you. I'm just stating a fact. THAT's how good they are. It's a compliment to their talent. Just a good one to argue your sarcasm re: why it wasn't a blowout.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:There's always an excuse...

Everyone knows a certain ex London Knight is there for a reason. It's so guys like Volpe, Pawley, etc aren't goaded into fights.

Last season they had 30 goal scorers forced to drop their gloves and deal with being run into the boards from behind, and countless head shots. So excuse them for protecting their players!

That ex Knight can also play the puck fairly well too. Should I leave a list of the other players in the league that are there for the same reason?...Because I'd be happy to. Except, Caledonia isn't using dead weight, they have a kid who can make a pass and mix things up.

Name something Caledonia is doing that hasn't been done by other teams in the past!

The way I see it is the kids on some of the other teams are no choir boys. Some come on here and say that certain Caledonia players are always chirping, looking for fights. So nobody ever see's the vicious slashes, cross checks, etc???

That's right Caledonia starts everything out there. It has nothing to do with frustrations boiling over on the other bench...Right.

Anyone who's watched some of their games without bias can see what's happening. I'm sure there's been many occasions where a Caledonia player has started stuff. Every team has players who have been guilty of that. But what I'm hearing is how Caledonia is always running their mouths and taking dirty penalty after penalty.

It's very interesting how so many ignore what sets them off on most occasions. Because I saw it in last years playoffs, and I've seen it getting even worse this season. Opposing teams are learning they have more leeway than Caledonia most nights. The ref will be hesitant to make a call when the opposition is tirelessly doing anything they can to slow them down. But as soon as Caledonia retaliates, or does something similar, the refs hand fly's up.

They've either been instructed, or are doing it on their own. But the bottom line is there's rarely a fairly called game! The OHA is to blame, they should be instructing their officials to call the games without bias.

We all see kids get frustrated when they're getting outplayed, or losing. Well Caledonia's players are just as entitled to get frustrated when they're giving it their all and getting no calls.

Take a few whacks to your shins and wrists, then jump into a wall headfirst. Because that's just an example of the abuse I've witnessed Caledonia players taking since last years playoffs. The calls are always very selective. But as soon as a Corvair trips a player, or whacks his shin the refs hand goes flying up.

The kids on that team are no different than the kids on the other 25 teams. As a fan of this league for many years, I'm disgusted with the OHA.

Others can have their opinions, that's fine. I'm just shooting from the hip.
Another good post Port Hockey. But you wonder if anyone read's our comments. I do all the time.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

GOJHLfan1 your something else
First you said -" Most of the guys are goons" / not true every watch a game
"can't stay out of the penalty box" / true like it's there fault, o yea that's right it is there fault
"see how many suspensions" / true that's there fault to
"Seguin getting 10 that's a surprise" / he gives it every shift him and McCartney
Than you said
"It's there fault the way they play" / Best PP best PK most GF - 226 second best GA - 73
"Guys like Seguin and McCartney skating around chirping any trying to fight everyone" / Chirping yes every team have there chirpers.Trying to pick fights NO two fights each this year . That's two fights for Seguin and two fights for McCartney real goon hockey.
:Highest penalized team in the league" / No sh** don't you read anything Port Hockey and I have been saying all year.All the conference leaders are the same Caledonia number 1 Leamington number 2 Kitchener are 4 or 5 in league in PMs.( for now )
"They bring it upon themselves" ??? Really

Than you said
And here comes the KICKER
"I AM NOT A CALEDONIA HATER"
" I'll sure is hell see Caledonia 3peat then St Catharines win"
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I am not a Caledonia hater I just say it how it is and I am sorry you get upset because everyone has opinions about them that you and port hockey do not like. They only have 2 fights each because nobody is stupid enough to fight them. Do I think the refs call them a little tight yes I said that but you have to adjust to that and a few guys on the Corvairs just dont.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:I am not a Caledonia hater I just say it how it is and I am sorry you get upset because everyone has opinions about them that you and port hockey do not like. They only have 2 fights each because nobody is stupid enough to fight them. Do I think the refs call them a little tight yes I said that but you have to adjust to that and a few guys on the Corvairs just dont.
But that's the point. How do they adjust to being called for every slash, cross check, etc? Because when your opponent is getting away with that stuff tempers are going to boil over. And rightly so.

The refs need to adjust. If teams wan't to play dirty instead of focusing on the game, make the calls. If it leads to a 11-1 game, it's the other teams own fault. Coaching staffs need to have their teams prepared to play Caledonia. It shouldn't be two different sets of rules out there. That's hardly fair. And it also sets up exploding tempers, injuries and long suspensions.